[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you meet new people make friends get a gf etc. I can usually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1414557593327.gif (12 KB, 256x171) Image search: [Google]
1414557593327.gif
12 KB, 256x171
How do you meet new people make friends get a gf etc. I can usually talk to people in class and such but how do you start conversations around uni or talk to a chick you think is cute.
>>
Just start talking to them about anything. It can seem hard to think of topics of conversation, but there are actually a lot of them, so think it over. At uni you can start off by asking things related to what you study, for example. Ideally, you want to get the other person talking about things they like (themselves usually works nicely), which normally means they're enjoying the conversation.

The one thing to be careful about is that you don't want to bother people or even seem creepy. Notice what they're doing and they're mood and don't talk to them if look busy or not in the mood for small talk.

In the end, all that can really help you is to practice. Practice talking to people and try making friends. Once you have friends, you can ask THEM for advice on talking to people.
>>
>>17205750
I mainly have problems telling when other people want to talk. I can't read their body language that well. If someone sits next to me on the bus or in line for food or something I can't really read em
>>
>>17205825
Like I said, nothing can replace experience. The best you can do is try to put yourself in their shoes, but that's often not enough. You just have to try it out: sometimes it will go well, sometimes it will go badly and you will learn from it.
>>
>>17205834
Any tips besides experience to get over shyness and such
>>
>>17205693
I'm probably not the best person for this cuz I generally dont like having friends but when I was in Uni I found people were always trying to make friends with you in certain situations. Heres what you should do:

>Be active and interested in your classes. Test coming up? Make a study guide, before the class starts make a brief announcement to the class that youve made a guide based on the notes for the last few chaptors and that youre happy to email it, write your email on the board
>If teacher hosts a study group or test prep outside of class, go. and bring your own prepared questions/material. When things are winding down people usually get peppy and more personal and offer to study together etc. If you ask good questions and have good notes people beg to study with you. 'anon can we study in the library tomorrow?!'
>Once your studying with a group thats when you get to make small talk unrelated to class. 'Yo did you see the game last night?!' or comment about some strange thing that happened to you recenetly or whatever. just make conversation. If you guys end up talking about a sports event thats upcoming or a show on tv or a movie or a video game or some shit, suggest you guys should get together sometime. exchange numbers. then actually follow through

its not hard, a lot of people in college are hoping to meet people make new friends. I found it was super easy to get in with groups, but I wasnt actually interested in hanging out as often as they wanted me to so I generally kept myself relatively distant but close enough so I could hit em up if I was bored/looking for something to do.

Good luck. Don't try too hard, just be yourself, put yourself in the right situations to make friends. be the kind of person people want to be around. (think of someone in your life that you think is really cool/inspiring, and try to give off that same persona)

o/
>>
>>17205846
Well gee, the hard thing about shyness is that you need positive feedback to get over it. My advice is to place yourself outside of your comfort zone. You could join a club, which should give you more chances to socialize.

You can bluntly approach someone (preferably at a party, or other social event) and ask them how to beat your shyness, it's a way to start a social interaction and puts you on the spot, forcing you to handle the situation and learn from it.

As for girls, if your inexperienced you shouldn't think about getting a girlfriend for now. You need to learn to make friends with girls first, so you're comfortable interacting with them.
>>
>>17205892
The main problem with girls is i've been out of the dating game for a really long time and have no clue what i'm doing when trying to get girls or approaching people randomly
>>
>>17205939
It's a difficult hole to get out of, there's no magical formula for it. Again, the more often you place yourself in situations where you don't know what you're doing, the more you'll learn. It's hard to balance, but be confident and you'll be fine.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.