[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When it comes to the friend-zone, I have developed the habit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: cantswimwallpaper.jpg (591 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
cantswimwallpaper.jpg
591 KB, 2560x1600
When it comes to the friend-zone, I have developed the habit that when it becomes increasingly clear she is not interested in me the same way, but my feelings won't negate themselves otherwise... I sit down with her candidly, honestly, and demonstrate that I feel quite a bit for her, and that because those feelings aren't being reciprocated, I'm not always going to be available and this friendship simply isn't going to work out because of it. And that since I'm not getting what I want with her, and it's painfully obvious I'm not currently capable of seeing her as anything less than a crush, there really isn't a reason for me to stay; and I'm going to need to break away for my own health.

So why is it that for the last four times in a row I've done this, I ended up dating said girl sooner or later? I got my last four girlfriends (including the one I'm seeing now) but pulling this off. I don't get with them immediately, but after a period of time that feels natural for a friendship to progress to a relationship. I'm really having trouble articulating what's going on inside their head when I become upfront and honest with my intentions, and when I suggest I'm going to leave if they remain unsatisfied. The last four times, they were genuine and sincere, but I still feel like this could be a really easy way to manipulate people. And like you're that asshole /r9k/ bitches about.
>>
Basic economics. If you're resource that's constantly and readily available, people aren't going to go out of their to obtain and you. If you're more scarce, you're more in demand, and buyers would put more effort into getting their hands on you.

Women are notorious for wanting what they can't have.
>>
It *is* manipulative. All you're doing is threatening to throw them out for not wanting your dick. There's nothing worse than having a guy friend, especially one you care about, suddenly cut you out of their life without giving a chance. Of course those girls are ggoing to take things further than they want to. You're not giving them much of a choice. They don't want to lose a valuable friend. So they're agreeing to be serious with you because you've forced them into that position.
>>
>>17203321
>When it comes to the friend-zone, I have developed the habit
You should not be getting friendzoned so often that you have any associated habits.
>>
>>17203798
Lol.. No.. He's just being honest and doesn't want to put himself through heartache. Of course one could say this intentionally for the desired outcome, but it's then just him taking advantage of her dishonesty about her willingness to take it further than friendship. Ie. Says no but means yes.
>>
>>17203798

Someone who only wants to get in your pants isn't a valuable friend. Any woman who falls for this crap is making her own decision.
All OP is doing is doing what he should have done in the first place, being upfront about what he wants. A woman is no more obligated to sleep with him than he is obligated to be her gal pal. Why is it okay for a woman to force him to stick by her side as a friend, but not okay for him to admit he's only interested in a sexual relationship?

I mean yeah, OP is being kinda contrived and gross about it - ending up in the friendzone is usually a mistake that young people grow out of making, but he's gone all "was getting caught part of your plan?" about it. But it's still entirely reasonable for a woman to say "okay, good luck with that" and send him on his merry way once he reveals that he was the origami killer all along.

What kind if pathetic person feels like they have no choice but to oblige when someone simply expresses that they'd like to fuck you?

And I'm speaking as a woman, FYI. Grow a damn backbone.
>>
>>17203810
>dat primacy effect
>>
>>17203798
>forced them into this
It's a zero sum game. Either he suffers, or the girl.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.