[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help a pathetic loser faggot fill out his dating profil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 20141224_153452_HDR.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20141224_153452_HDR.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
I have already filled out most of it, I just need help with the self summary part

Considering I had very few views to my profile and am generally a pessimistic faggot that has great difficulty saying anything. Ice about myswlf, I went full on honesty and probably scared away what little traffic I was having

>Currently trying to improve my life for the better; part of which involves me putting myself out their and trying get into a relationship for the first time.
> I have way to many personal hang ups and insecurities to bother trying to do this at bar or a party or a club, so I suppose the relative anonymity of the internet will have to do.

How do I salvage this mess so I look slightly less pathetic but still maintain the honesty part?

Pic related of what I'll probably end up doing every year if I could time to not have any success on these sites
>>
My advice is don't have a dating profile tbhfam. But if ya really want to, here's what I think:

>Most people see "currently trying to improve my life for the better" as "I was an asshole once, but I'm better now, I promise!" The way you wrote it seems kind of deceptive, even though you probably didn't intend it. Just cut it out.
>You don't want to say right out the door that you have a bunch of insecurities & that you aren't confident enough to do this anywhere else. Basically cut that part out too.
>When you've done both of those things, start doing something with your life that's worthy of note. Then write that down.
>>
>>17203226
dude you sound like a blithering mess of emotions and insecurity, girls want a stable stoic reliable man to date, you're such a mess most girls won't even fuck you

just keep it real brief, mention that you're a low key dude looking for something serious, I enjoy etc etc etc (this is the part for honesty, not I have a huge harry wart on my torso)
>>
Updated a bit, still need to work on it probably

INTJ

>Currently trying to improve my life for the better; part of which involves me putting myself out their and trying get into a relationship for the first time.

>Not that my life is mess or I was some kind of asshole in the past, I am just getting older and everyone around me seems either be married with kids or in a committed relationship so I thought it was time to make a real attempt at dating
>>
Op forget about your bio.

Nobody reads that shit.

Post a photo of yourself. I can help you fix that up.

Do it faggot. I'm calling you out. You better deliver so I can begin.
>>
Google for "How to write [dating site name] profile". Maybe find a few articles, mix and match what they suggest to make something that's not obviously done by rote.
>>
>>17203813
Nice try. No way am I posting my image on 4chan for le being bantz and potential maymayification
>>
>>17203867
Cmon dude I've posted mine. Nobody cares.
>>
>>17203880
I already know that I can't do much about my appearance other then going full zyzz or what the fuck that maggot's name was and dedicate my life to fitness, having surgery done to change my appearnce, and general a e s t h i t i c s, so their really is no helping me on that
>>
>>17203226
>eating KFC with your waifu
>not cakii

one job sempai
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-31-17-05-04.png (205 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-31-17-05-04.png
205 KB, 1080x1920
This is my POF profile.

I was just using the site for fucking sluts but I'm tired of that so tired this.
>>
File: Snapchat-995049087099335865.jpg (553 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-995049087099335865.jpg
553 KB, 1080x1920
>>17205294
Here's me
>>
File: image4.jpg (52 KB, 486x618) Image search: [Google]
image4.jpg
52 KB, 486x618
>>17205294
>dinder time
>>
>>17205296
Drop the 420 thing unless you want only stoner chicks. Maybe just make a new profile.
>>
>>17203890
>zyzz

literally who
>>
File: profile1.jpg (179 KB, 943x717) Image search: [Google]
profile1.jpg
179 KB, 943x717
So this is my profile. So far in the last week I have had three views total. I don't bother messaging anyone because I am an faggot, I only care about getting views and likes. What do
>>
>>17205701

Stop shitting on yourself by saying stupid shit like "Not that my life is a mess or I was some kind of asshole in the past" or "I'm really good at... beating myself up." No one thinks that's actually funny or amusing.

In fact, people do what this because they're deflecting judgment and absolving themselves of responsibility for their own shittiness. You're not ACTUALLY admitting or recognizing fault, what you're saying is:

"Hey, I'm telling you upfront that I suck and stuff, so it's YOUR fault for expecting otherwise. I just can't help it."

Like why the fuck are you apologizing and making excuses already for people you have never even met or spoke to?

Just say something along the lines of "I'm stepping outside of my comfort zone and trying something I've never done because I want to keep learning and discover what the world has to offer" or some shit.

Even if you don't feel confident, then just fake it until you do feel more confident - that's literally how it works

Also, you need to consciously fight the "I have an analytical mind so I prefer to think carefully first..." mentality. That's bullshit that socially anxious and timid people tell themselves to feel better. Truly effective analysis and learning requires feedback, especially because you are 100% not some kind of genius savant character that pulls perfect answers out of thin air. So that means you need to speak up and actually interact with someone instead of being a deaf-mute.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.