[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My dad was in the military. He's still alive, but he's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 0883208.png (143 KB, 540x329) Image search: [Google]
0883208.png
143 KB, 540x329
My dad was in the military. He's still alive, but he's always been really vague about his time in it. How could I find out information about what he did there? As in, where exactly he was and for how long, what awards he might have gotten, what exactly he did, etc? Could I find out without him knowing?
>>
>>17201629
Are you sure he's allowed to talk about it? Is it possible that his work was classified?
>>
some people don't like talking about what they did in the military, war vets especially

if you want to know more then ask him directly about it, but if he doesn't want to talk about it then you should respect that
>>
>>17201640
I don't know, it might be. I don't know much about the war he was in.

>>17201643
It's not like he was ever directly in combat, I know from his first wife he was just in the Air Force doing combat support. Could that be traumatizing?
>>
>>17201629
Most sane, well adjusted, vets don't like talking about the shit that they saw. Especially if they saw combat or aftermath.

All I ever got out of my parents were that they saw a lot of dead bodies, and that VC killed my grandfather on my mom's side in their home. And that my dad had a lot of guns he collected over their but sold to some Hell's Angels when he got back stateside... I never pushed any further.

I highly doubt your dad was involved in classified operations. It's a possibility but I doubt it. He might not want to tell you because he lost friends or maybe you just haven't really asked him directly. Just ask him about it and if he doesn't budge then leave it alone.
>>
>>17201674
>just in the air force
>just doing combat support
what have you done?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.