[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does it mean if you get lightheaded when you're tired
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
What does it mean if you get lightheaded when you're tired or hungry? It's never happened to me before but in the past month or so I've started to always feel faint just before meals and after waking up.
>>
Maybe a blood sugar thing? I'd just see a doctor if I were you.
>>
>>17199892
Could be several things. Light-headedness is often the result of poor oxygenation to the brain.

If you haven't been exercising much then it could be poor circulation (as a child you probably ran around a lot and climbed trees so you naturally got all the exercise you needed, plus a smaller body takes less effort to pump blood to)

Could be low blood sugar

Could be hormonal imbalance (low testosterone can lead to migraines)

Could be eye strain if you are indoors too much and don't have bright light bulbs

Could be poor breathing. This is especially possible if you're overweight. Make sure you vacuum often to keep the house dust-free and practice taking long, deep breaths

Could be dehydration, especially in the summer months. Make sure you get plenty of low-calorie liquids -- water, flavored water, tea, gatorade G2 (not normal gatorade), lemonade, etc. Higher calorie drinks (sodas, beer, etc) can exacerbate the issue
>>
>>17199980
I'm 22, and this only started this month. My workspace is air conditioned (a giant fridge, as a matter of fact) and I do a pretty physical job. I'm not overweight at all.
>>
Happens to a lot of people especially as they get older. If it's happened dramatically or suddenly go see a doctor.

Most likely you just need to be consistent with your level of caffeine and have regular steady-energy snacks throughout the day. Also make sure to get enough sleep every night.
>>
>>17200104
So it's just a part of getting old?
>>
>>17200120
That, or low blood sugar.

If it's only after you haven't eaten for 5-8 hours, it's probably that.
>>
>>17200170
Nope, I literally just ate 3 minutes ago and there it is again.
>>
>>17199892
My friend experiences something similar. He has diabetes. Have a nice life!
>>
>>17200204
How do I know without drinking my own pee?
>>
>>17200207
Kill yourself. If you don't die of diabetes, you probably don't have it.
>>
>>17200245
How edgy
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.