[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I cure my depression ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1464598097282-687206384.jpg (1 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
1464598097282-687206384.jpg
1 MB, 1520x2688
How do I cure my depression ?
>>
First of all, what's making you depressed?
>>
Just deal with it, we are all depressed to a degree and if you're not you're super happy all the time annoying person
>>
put 3 drops of frankincense essential oil in half cup of boiling water and inhale the vapors
>>
>>17199145
I do not really know, i'm not that sad, I just don't have any desire of doing anything nor have any project; I'm just here, vaquing like a ghost and doing nothing
>>
>>17199145
>I don't understand depression
>>
>>17199304
Btw, I do have the will of being a writer, but can't write nothing anymore : i don't desire it. It's like I'm dead on the inside, i can't feel nothing
>>
>>17199149
I can deal with it, but how can I feel something again ?
>>
>>17199159
Will try it, thx
>>
Try:
>Acceptance commitment therapy
Basically changing your relationship with your emotions, rather than changing your emotions. It teaches you how to disconnect from unhelpful feelings and nurture the feelings you want.

>Cognitive Behavioral therapy
Basically about changing the feelings themselves. Forcing yourself out of your comfort zone and into things like socializing and exercise until it becomes habit.

There's tonnes of material online, you don't need a shrink.
>>
>>17199353
I see, but what are you calling "comfort zone" ?
>>
>>17199390
Whatever you're doing now senpai
>>
>>17199531
Oh I see, it's like "get of your computer and do something new" ?
>>
>>17199132
Read "Learned Optimism" by Martin Seligman. It outlines some of the major and minor things in life that can cause depression. It goes over how you process your thoughts and how you let your emotions or outlook affect your day-to-day
>>
get a dog or speand alot of time with a dog, when they get attached to their owner's they kno when they're upset and they have been proven to help depression, from personal experience, get a Labrador
>>
>>17199603
>>17199629
Thx, will try for the book, on the other hand, can't get a dog, not enough money

Ps: do sport really help fighting depression ?
>>
>>17199132
Sex drug and rock and roll like it ever was
>>
>>17199963
Depends on if you get enjoyment from sports
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.