[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First time in this board, I'm clueless whether this is /r9k/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: strongly concerned.jpg (31 KB, 405x344) Image search: [Google]
strongly concerned.jpg
31 KB, 405x344
First time in this board, I'm clueless whether this is /r9k/ 2.0 or actually worth a try.

...turns out my gf was raped by her cousin when she was a child.
All her life she was too scared to tell her family, apparently I'm the 2nd person to learn that. She has a strange medical condition in her intimate parts and when she was a teen she always thought it was because of him. Today I learned lots of fucked up shit.
Point is it really traumatized her, and she still sees the fucker in family reunions every now and then.

I really want to help, but I'm clueless as to what could I do and what should I do.
>>
this isn't r9k 2.0, far from it really. there are some dicks but generally people on here give advice or are at least people that will give a new perspective.

sorry to hear about your gf, but what is it you want to do about it? being there for here is one thing, and being a person she can talk to about it is a good thing too. how bad is she because of this trauma?
>>
ur gf is a roastie gtfo my board normie reeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>17198476
>but what is it you want to do about it?
Not sure exactly
I would at the very least like to see the fucker leave her world one way or the other.
My gf is 17, I'm 22, I have been barely 2 months with her.
I just don't think it's... wise to meddle with her family, but I still want to help her.
I guess simply beating that fucker or getting someone to do it for me won't help her. Would it?

She has a sister, she believes her sister is aware of what happened.
But they never talked about it, and she doesn't want to talk about it.
She lives with her mother and her sister, her father cheated on her mom and her sister will be moving to Germany this year

Firstly she can be feel a bit uncomfortable having sex sometimes and I can't really tell when or when not... But that's kind of normal for grills I guess.
She appears fine normally, but I'm certain she's wounded. I have told her before I had this impression she was left wounded.

Im not even sure what the fuck am I supposed to do now. I feel useless.
>>
>>17198513
Maybe you should have her tell others what happened, try to take him to court.
>>
>>17198545
That was one of my initial suggestions.
She said that's almost impossible after so many years.
I live in Mexico, so yeah it's not quite as easy as in the U.S. or anywhere else in the first world.
>>
>>17198513
Encourage her to see a therapist/counselor.

The reason you feel useless is because you aren't prepared for talking to people who have dealt with this kind of abuse. It's important to be there for her, especially because she told you about it two months into the relationship. This implies that she likes and trusts you quite a bit. With that said, you don't have the life experience to handle her problems as well as a therapist could.
>>
>>17198558
Thanks mate.
Thought about it, but I kinda feel best would be to support her if she ever decided to do that, not encourage her. Still not quite sure, will have it in mind.
>>
>>17198455
>I'm clueless whether this is /r9k/ 2.0 or actually worth a try.
/r9k/ is attempting to colonize, but we are fighting back. There are typically two days a week when their bans expire, and they hit hard before being banned again; this week it looks like those days are Sunday and Monday (they move back a day each week). I'm sorry you had to see this.
>>
>>17198455
Just try to make her happy. It's going to be really hard to prove that really happened so the best thing to do is to just move on.

Whenever she remembers it happening, just hold her. Tell her not to come to reunions anymore or, on the flipside, come with her to confront her cousin (just talking like I know what you did don't come near us).
>>
>>17198614
Thanks.
I guess I will just do some cardio and lifting to get it off my chest in the meanwhile.
>>
>>17198455
Actually been there a bit with an ex, I was a little younger than you at the time. Obviously, like you, first time dealing with the knowledge that my gf had been raped, and by a family member. Initial instinct is of course to beat the shit out of the guy, but your focus should remain the girl.

I really shutdown with her a lot at the time because I couldn't deal with it. Which is fine, because we wouldn't have worked out in the long run anyway, but I wanted to be sure to be ready if I had a similar problem later and the girl WAS the right one. Eventually I got more comfortable talking about the subject, just let her know that I don't blame or judge, and it's not something she should try to block out or be constantly ashamed of. If you treat it like just a thing you can discuss, eventually that's all it will be, and you'll be the go to person when she needs someone to talk to about it. Best of luck!
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.