[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My GPA in a Computation Engineer degree is 3.35. This is enough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Arduino_stack.jpg (546 KB, 3300x2550) Image search: [Google]
Arduino_stack.jpg
546 KB, 3300x2550
My GPA in a Computation Engineer degree is 3.35.

This is enough to be accepted as a PhD student?
>>
For the top programs? No. But to be even accepted into the mediocre programs, you need to do well in many areas, like research and in specific core classes.

Perhaps, you can come out to work a few years and then decide to do a PhD? Having 5+ years experience in the field and doing well definitely says a lot more than 4 years in college.

Have you considered maybe doing a masters first then possibly the PhD?
>>
>>17197852

I am aware of it. My initial plan was to take a master and then a PhD. But my professors say that I could take a master or a PhD, either of them with a scholarship.
>>
phd is useless, get a master's
>>
>>17197895

Why PhD is useless?
>>
>>17197907

You can be overqualified, which makes it hard to find a job sometimes. Unless you want to be a professor (still hard). A masters degree is a nice 'in the middle' education that puts you above average, so you can demand a good salary, while not being overqualified for the job (companies won't hire a Ph. D for 100k/year if they can get a masters student to do the same job just as well for 50k/year).
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.