[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Go out to a few bars with friends and girlfriend >She
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
>Go out to a few bars with friends and girlfriend
>She has had some trouble with handling alcohol in the past, mainly just being obnoxious and confrontational (got us kicked out of line to a club by the bouncer for example)
>Walking to car she tries to pee in a pretty open spot
>tell her lets go somewhere more private
>refuses
>try pulling her away by force and she flails all around, hitting me in the head by hopefully accident
>just pulls down her pants and pees there (thankfully no one saw)
>As we walk back to our friends they ask if all's good and me being a bit upset with her says "Yea, [Her name] is just being a drunk loser, nothing out of the ordinary"
>She runs up and sucker punches me in the face with all her force
>Not mad, calmly just tell her she's single now
>Still take care of her; drive her car home, get her food/water/a bowl, pull her hair back as she vomits because I'm not heartless enough to leave her alone
>Tell her about everything this morning when she wakes up
>the fact that we're still broken up and a few spiteful jabs later she's a total crying mess
>Has to go to work early in the morning and don't want her to be in this state while working
>tell her we'll talk about it later today and that I still love her

So what do, /adv/? I really do love her, I wasn't just saying that, but this is not an acceptable thing. Should I tell her to get professional help? Nothing like AA, because she really doesn't like alcohol very much, and the last time she was anything close to this bad was 6 months ago. But is there some kind of counselor she could talk to about it?
>>
>>17196469
how much did she drink?
>>
>>17196469

Look OP this is a mess your not meant to fix

You put way to much effort into taking care of her.

You should have bailed when she threw a bitch at the bouncer.

This is all a ploy to keep you around with her pity party.

Imagine yourself with another girl a prettier less shit girl.

Imagine how much happier you would be.

no bitching,no punching, no taking care of a skank.
>>
>>17196469

She can't handle her liquor

Boopdefuckingwhoop

If this only happens once every 6 months, and she does't drink normally, then maybe, just maybe, you should encourage her to not drink and make up with her.

That is, if the relationship is otherwise good and she is a nice person while sober.
>>
>>17196473
About 2 shots and 2 drinks that I know of, my friend had a bottle of vodka he was sharing and I'm not sure how much of that she took. Probably like 6 drinks total in 2 hours, which doesn't seem like a lot but she's kinda tiny and was definitely blacked.

>>17196478
She's pretty hot and a great person while sober though.

>>17196480
So when we go out partying everyone will be drinking but I gotta tell her "nah none for you because you're a fucking cunt when you drink"

I'd rather get her some help. It is not a normal thing to punch your boyfriend for any reason just because you're drunk.
>>
>>17196469
>Has to go to work early in the morning and don't want her to be in this state while working
that's her problem, you're not her boyfriend anymore

maybe this is the kick she needs to stop drinking, when you have that talk with her make sure she understands that you taking her back is contingent upon her never getting out of control again
>>
>>17196529
>So when we go out partying everyone will be drinking but I gotta tell her "nah none for you because you're a fucking cunt when you drink"
yes

do you think what she did was normal?
>>
You could have and should have ledt her there and went home

But i get ya im the same way, too good for that shit

Look if you really love her stay with her if you really want to break up then do it and leave
>>
>>17196469
i hope for your sake that your pic is not related, that girl is hideous
>>
>>17196539
OP that's exactly what we're saying.

Would you let excuse anyone else's behavior like that? If someone becomes worse with alcohol, they shouldn't have it.
>>
>Not mad, calmly just tell her she's single now

I would've destroyed her face. Good job keeping calm. What I suggest you is to tell her to suggest her the ressources she needs.The rest is not your buisimess anymore
>>
>>17196534
this
>>
>>17196469
How can you say that you love her when you can so easily insult and break up with her? None of us understand your situation, but if you love her and want to help her, I don't see why you had to be so cruel.
>>
>>17196678
Not cruel in the slgihtest, that shit is absolutely unacceptable and he would have been pathetic to put up with it
>>
>>17196539
I LITERALLY said its not normal you dumb fag

>>17196557
Jesus no. I wouldn't post my girl on here , espexially if she looked like that
>>
>>17196704
why are you insulting me?
>>
>>17196534
Good advice, taking it to heart. Her dad used to beat her mom really bad. Like, so bad he went to jail for attempted murder. Beat his kids too. I could tell that she was pretty disgusted with herself this morning. I can't stick with her if this happens again for both our sakes, and I'm gonna make sure she gets a little bit of professional help.

>>17196678
Cruel...? I took care of her until past 4am and let her sleep in my bed. I broke up with her because I was trying to help her not make a fool of herself in public and got punched in the face for it. I am sorry for any relationship you take part in.

>>17196714
Because you asked if I thought something was normal when in the post you were responding to I said it wasn't already.
>>
>>17196729
I didn't say you couldn't have been more cruel. However, breaking up with someone so quickly and harshly based on something so petty seems cruel. And you didn't get punched in the face because you were trying to help her. You got punched in the face because you hurt her feelings when you called her a drunken loser. At least be honest.
>>
>>17196961
>Petty
Lol. You sound like a bitch that deserves to be hit.
>>
>>17196469
What would you do if a guy friend punched you in the face?

You should've beaten the shit out of her when she hit you. Self defense.

You sound like a good guy.
>>
>>17196469
You did the right thing OP and get out and stay out. This only gets worse and not your responsibility to be a baby sitter. Been right where you are and empathize totally.
>>
Talk to her, be gentle, but tell her she either has to drink less or get help.
If she agrees there is a problem, and agrees to work on it, then there's hope for the relationship.

If she blows you off then blow her off, for her own good (and yours), because if she doesn't fix this then it's going to get her in trouble some day.
>>
>>17198072
this seems like the best advice for OP

conversely I've been the guy who couldn't handle his drink and when things ended poorly with an ex I never took responsibility for it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like she's doing the same thing, which means she doesn't understand how serious this situation is.
>>
>>17198072
Basically what I did and we're good again. At first she said she doesnt think she has a problem, but with some more talking to she eventually admitted to it and said if she and I can find cost-effective professional help then she would be completely down for it. Thanks for the advice bro.

>>17198136
She really didn't at first, it took a bit of a talk. Also, I didn't want to go there but both of her parents are recovered alcoholics and her dad who she really takes after, would also beat his wife and kids. The shit that shes seen and went through made her really upset with herself about hitting me, and she tried to say it'd never happen again but I replied with
>Well if I had asked you yesterday if there was any initially non-violent situation where you would ever hit me, you would undoubtedly say no, right? Well it happened. Your sober word doesn't mean shit when you're drunk
which made her quiet down a bit and really see my side of things. Without saying anything I know she thought about her dad and how the first time he hit a family member he probably had the same feeling of "that was shitty and it wont happen again" though it obviously did.
>>
>>17198242
Honestly the first several times I drank I was like this. It took dozens of times drinking until I could handle myself drunk, and now I basically act like a slightly sloppier version of myself no matter how drunk I get.

Try just drinking you two alone maybe. Or tell her to quit drinking. Drunk actions are NOT sober thoughts, and her wasted behavior is clearly just a result of alcohol.

Either way glad to hear things have improved
>>
>>17196469
Give her the ultimatum, alcohol or you. It's that simple
>>
>>17196529
Do you even know what "help" is you dumb cunt? They are basically just going to say "don't drink". Either she doesn't drink or doesn't hang around people drinking, the point is the "help" will say drinking isn't an option.
>>
>Yea, [Her name] is just being a drunk loser, nothing out of the ordinary

You sound like kind of a cunt OP. She needs to stop drinking to excess and you need to stop being such a little bitch.
>>
>>17196961
>However, breaking up with someone so quickly and harshly based on something so petty seems cruel
She sucker punched him you dingus. Being drunk isnt some pass for fucked up behavior.
>>
File: You_can_watch_Pepe.png (166 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
You_can_watch_Pepe.png
166 KB, 499x499
>>17196469
>Still take care of her; drive her car home, get her food/water/a bowl, pull her hair back as she vomits because I'm not heartless enough to leave her alone
Cuck detected.
She's not your responsibility anymore. Let her suffer the consequences of getting drunk and attacking you. If it was me I would left the bitch there. Have some respect for your fucking self and do go full cuck.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.