[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, help me out here, am I being unreasonable for being pissed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 92352352324.png (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
92352352324.png
7 KB, 225x225
So, help me out here, am I being unreasonable for being pissed off?
>head out for beers with friend
>friend is a handsome guy that gets any girl interested pretty quickly
>this guy also has a steady girlfriend
>after a few beers go to a crowded club/bar
>my friend is down with me trying to talk to girls
>I start talking to this qt girl who sat next to us
>trying to develop conversation
>it's going somewhat well, but I'm not completely in yet
>my friend suddenly chimes in and completely blows me away from the convo
>sit there like a dork listening to their conversation and nodding
>what the fuck is he trying to do.jpg
>tell them I'm going to the toilet
>head home in rage and embarrassment
I mean, I don't fucking mind that there's a mutual conversation, but the guy wrecked me away from the convo and diverted all the attention to himself, while being completely ignorant of what he was doing. I feel like this is a reoccurring thing with the guy, so I wouldn't react this way if it was the first time.
>>
>>17195495
Bump.
>>
>>17195495
Did he end up making a move on her? If not, you just may be the victim of his natural, unforced charm, so that even if he was just making friendly conversation he was better at it than you. It certainly sounds like you gave up far too quickly. If you were making progress with the girl there is no reason why another guy, however charming, would destroy that unless you conceded defeat and left the field.
>>
>>17195546
I have no idea, but he was obviously interested and made no excuses about it. I left pretty rapidly after the conversation became theirs. I just thought it was a dick move, considering he already has a steady girlfriend. I wouldn't mind his approach if we were both single and trying to pick up girls.
>If you were making progress with the girl there is no reason why another guy, however charming, would destroy that unless you conceded defeat and left the field.
I was drunk and probably not thinking very clearly, so yes, I gave up too quickly. My friend was much more energetic and forceful about the conversation, so I knew that it'd be very hard for me to dive back in again. I was progressing slowly with the girl to begin with.
>>
There's two ways around this, you either forget the girl you've been working on, considering talking up girls isn't only about warming the girls up, but yourself as well, and move on to the next - or you signal to your mate to slow down his game, possibly subtly encouraging him to leave you alone. Depending on his ability to pick up on social ques, this could be challenging (especially if the other guy isn't someone you know, or know very well,) but there are certainly ways to get any guy out of their center of attention.
>>
>>17195612
>Depending on his ability to pick up on social ques, this could be challenging
This is the problem and probably why I got so pissed off. He just lacks a certain kind of awareness about other people. He's a nice guy, but completely oblivious. I'd also say it's true he has a certain charm, like >>17195546 mentioned:
>you just may be the victim of his natural, unforced charm, so that even if he was just making friendly conversation he was better at it than you
But it's 90% down to his looks. Anyway, any pointers on how to avoid this situation again would be interesting. I'd also like to explain to my friend why I got pissed off, because he's bugging me about why I left him.
>>
>>17195495
Bump again. Any advice would be appreciated.
>>
you are 100% unreasonable and a little crazy. you went to a bar with your friend and threw a fit and left because he joined a conversation you were having. now you're all "HOW DARE HE TALK IN MY PRESENCE" as if it's surprising.
>>
What even try when there is a Chad with you, she's gonna steal your girls anyways.
>>
>>17195750
Because I'm almost chad-tier myself, except in personality.
>>17195748
I know I overreacted, but I was drunk. And one thing, I didn't throw a fit because he joined the conversation. I did it because he cockblocked me and acted like I wasn't there.
>>
>>17195773

Personality is a meme, looks are everything.
>>
>>17195780
Not if your personality is sufficiently beta.
>>
>>17195782

If you have the looks no way you can be beta and insecure, you'll grow up with lots of confidence and have a cocky attitude.
>>
>>17195788
I would say I have looks, but I'm tall and slim. A little on the scrawny side if I'm being honest. All things considered, I should have a lot more confidence, yet I don't.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.