[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best way to meet nerd girls? I have tried online
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: AyffNBxl.jpg (44 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
AyffNBxl.jpg
44 KB, 640x426
What is the best way to meet nerd girls?

I have tried online dating, but my slice of the world is filed with single mothers and people who like travelling and 4x4ing.
>>
>>17195155
That's them.

Life isn't an Instagram post or a 5 minute clip from youtube.
>>
Go to nerdy events. Conventions. Board game clubs. D&D groups. Online gaming bars.
Don't expect nerdy girls to be some kind of magical unicorn girlfriends though. They're much the same as other people, they just happen to like the same kind of pop culture as you do.
>>
>>17195164
>Don't expect nerdy girls to be some kind of magical unicorn girlfriends though. They're much the same as other people, they just happen to like the same kind of pop culture as you do.
This so much. They're just like other girls.
>>
>>17195171
I think I phrased my question wrong. I meant smart girls. I would pick the girl doing physics over the girl playing DnD in a heartbeat.

The issue is I can't seem to find the smart ones.
>>
>>17195164
This.

t. fucked a cheerleader WoW player.
>>
>>17195198
There aren't specific places where smart people of either gender gathers, except maybe university. It's too generic of a trait, it's like asking where you can find nice people.
>>
>>17195198
You'd find 'smart girls' at places like university. And guess what? They're just like other girls too.

Actually, on second thought, they probably have a whole lot more orbiters because of guys like you.
>>
>>17195207

I'm currently at university. My courses are VERY gender imbalanced.

Is it worthwhile getting wrapped up in things like student politics to meet people?
>>
>>17195210
I'm not an orbiter. I ask a chick out and move on if she says no. The issue is I have trouble finding them in the first place.

STEM being a sausage fest sucks.
>>
>>17195380
Take art 101 or some other liberal arts elective. Even if you don't need electives, take one anyway if you can afford it. At best you'll make new friends or meet someone, and at worst you'll be slightly more well-rounded. I can't guarantee you'll meet smart girls, but you'll meet different people than you would otherwise, and that's half the battle. And a lot of artistic types are nerds as well.

Also (and yeah I know "left brain/right brain" is mostly a meme, but) I've noticed that creative people and STEM-type people sometimes get along better than you'd think. This is especially true if they're both looking to broaden their outlook on life. Maybe you'll meet a girl who helps you appreciate art more, and then you can help her with her math elective courses. One of the best painters I knew in college was a sweet, wise, and intelligent girl who was struggling with remedial math (you had to have at least 1 math class as part of your math/science electives).

Anyway, I'm sure there are many places to look, but that's one I haven't seen mentioned much in threads like this. Good luck OP
>>
>>17195433
I unfortunately burned out my electives while i was in a relationship with someone from high school.

Things did not work out, but hey shit happens.

I do remember some bright sparks in my courses though. Damn shame

Ah well, time to join the art society i guess.
>>
>>17195155
>single mothers and people who like travelling

avoid both because both are looking for a meal ticket who do you think is going to be paying for everything when you go traveling with them?
>>
>>17195155
My town has a nerd-culture market open twice a week where people buy collectibles, they host video game contests, cosplay days, etc. And they do Stan Lee signings, cosplayer meet ups, pro wrestlers meets, voice actor meets, etc. every so often.

If I want to meet anyone nerdy, I'm going to meet them there. Try checking out things like that in your area.

Maybe arcades too.
>>
>>17195868
I guessed that already, but thanks for the heads up anyways.

Thankfully I'm more of a "Curled up reading a book" kind of guy.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.