[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to get together with someone you regret breaking up with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: 1451112940484.png (206 KB, 570x359) Image search: [Google]
1451112940484.png
206 KB, 570x359
I´m asking for advice because /adv/ actually helped me last time I was in need.

Long story short, I fucked up. I had a stable relationship with my girlfriend, and after my best friend told me she had feelings for me, I broke up my relationship, because, as I told her when I ended things, it wouldn´t be fair to her to be with someone who as not 100% committed to her. Then I came down and realized, without a doubt, that she is the only thing I want.

So after 3 weeks of trying to talk to her, we talked and I told her that I was sorry for not telling her earlier that my bestfriend had told me she had feelings for me, and I told her I missed her. Of course we could not start dating again, but this was a good opportunity to get to know each other as friends (we started dating almost immediately after meeting). In the end I told her that I still had feelings for her, and I would wait for her because now I know what I wanted.

Here is where I need your advice or some perspective: We have hung out some times, and I believe she still enjoys my company, but I don´t know how to get us to a dating dynamic again. If I don´t talk to her, she doesn´t talk to me, if I don´t make plans, she doesn´t make plans.

Can you weight in on this? I can give more details if necessary
>>
You gotta chase her bro. Its going to suck for you and I am sure it does now, but you just gotta keep at it. Realize the possibility of failure, but doing something is better than doing nothing.

Keep hanging out with her, keep talking to her, but if she starts dating somebody else than you gotta know when to call it quits, but for now I would stay diligent.
>>
>>17194233
Thanks man. I know I screwed things up. I was her first serious boyfriend, and she gave me a lot of her intimacy, and I only realised that some weeks ago. So I am okay with having to prove to her that I am committed.

As for she starting to date someone, I told her that I would wait for her because this time I knew what I wanted, and I told her that the only thing I asked from her was that if she started to have feelings for someone else I wanted her to tell me that
>>
>>17194222
Just jerk-off and go on with your life. Fucking forget about her.
>>
>>17194274
How did she respond to that? Does she seem to have the slightest intention of trying again?
>>
>>17194957
At the time, she said she wanted to be just friends, and that´s when I told her that I thought that was the correct thing to do at the moment, and that we should get to know each other better as friends. I feel that she does enjoy my company, and I make her laugh. One time, some two weeks ago, I gave her a Tintim notebook that I knew she thought was pretty, and she hugged me (hugs are super important to her, more so than kisses, she has told me) and asked me if I was going out that night
>>
The trouble is that she is going away for 6 months to study abroad in Ireland in September. I want to fix things for us before she leaves
>>
>>17195589
Just keep on keeping on op. That sounds good but also work on yourself. Try and analyze everywhere you ever went wrong in the relationship and see if you can prove to her that you've improved on those things. Really work on yourself at this point so she can see you've improved and keep being a good friend to her. If it's meant to be I think it'll work out fine.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.