[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help /adv/ I'm traveling in New York city, and im at a hostel.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 18
File: tmp_22891-YPhTzbh-488040580.jpg (38 KB, 540x550) Image search: [Google]
tmp_22891-YPhTzbh-488040580.jpg
38 KB, 540x550
Help /adv/
I'm traveling in New York city, and im at a hostel. No-one else is in my room, and I don't know what to do by myself

I just walked around, trying to find something to eat. And everyone is a sit down restaurant, where you need to have at least 2 people or you look out of place and like a loner. I literally just went to McDonald's and ate by myself

I came back to my hostel, and I did see cute girls outside the hostel, who look like they are going out... But here I am posting on 4chan from my room

What do I say to the other people here?
What do I say to the girls?
How do I have a good time, what should I do?
>>
Where in NYC?
>>
>>17194177
Manhattan, near columbia university and near central park
>>
File: all those wasted opportunities.jpg (26 KB, 317x279) Image search: [Google]
all those wasted opportunities.jpg
26 KB, 317x279
>travel to one of the most expensive cities in the world
>spend your holiday shitposting on a Kamchatkan kabuki board
>>
>>17194188
I don't know what else I can do. I don't know anyone, and I'm autistic
>>
>>17194190
picture yourself making paper airplanes out of $100 bills and throwing them into a bonfire - that's effectively how you're spending your money right now
Let the sheer terror of this image motivate you to get off your ass and approach one of those qts standing outside. Better yet, go to a famous bar for tourists (e.g. McSorley's) and just chat up random guys until you find a few that can tell you about obscure events happening around the city.
What have you got to lose besides your money (which you're losing as you read these words)?
>>
File: 8.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg (773 KB, 1065x852) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg
773 KB, 1065x852
NYC has 2.1 million single women.
>>
Let's say I wanted to go to a restaurant to eat, what would I do? Should I first try to get a friends?
>>
>>17194267
>>17194267
bump
>>
>pls respond
>tfw walking and see a 7/10 girl in a nice dress
> black guy behind me starts talking to her
>>
>>17194166
>>17194267
To be honest, if you don't have a story of fucking up, the best advice for you is to go fuck up. You may end up discovering that it's not as hard as you think. If not, you'll either identify what didn't work, or come post a greentext story where we can identify where you fucked up.

90% of social skills come from trying something and seeing how people respond. The other 10% is from seeing other people fuck up, but that only tells you what not to do. As long as you're intelligent enough not to grab a titty and to give up after one or two signs of complete disinterest, you'll do fine.
>>
>>17194166

New York is quite literally one of the most easy going places to talk to people because chances are you will meet fellow strangers. Very few people who live in NYC are actually from NYC or lived here unless they are really old, go up and just start talking to people what are you doing man?
>>
>>17194490

And to add to this and humble brag (okay not so humble but I find this somewhat inspiring to people who are shy, of which I am one of them) I talked to this cute tall blonde Slavic girl for a good 15 minutes on the train and she ended up giving me her number, I didn't ask for it which was the weirdest thing ever, she wrote it on a piece of paper and gave it to me, and you know what I first said to her, "Do you know where this train is going?" that's it...and next thing I know we've made plans to go to the beach with some girl I barely just know. The beach, where she'll be half naked...

Seriously, go talk to someone. Anyone. NYC is full of so many people with interesting stories and backgrounds. It's almost 1 am and you could go to times square and just start talking to people and they won't think you're weird. Even if they blow you off, so what? you didn't know them before you still don't know them now, you'll be surprised by how nice some people actually are.
>>
>>17194166
Are you a foreigner with an accent? You can say literally anything and it will get you points.

Are you a hot guy who can fake a good accent? Same rule applies

Also >>17194498 what he said
>>
>>17194267
just go there, good fucking god, I go to restaurants by myself all the time. nobody is going to notice if you eat alone, and if they do, who cares, you're never going to see them again. you have been given a golden opportunity to deal with your social anxiety head-on, take it.
>>
>>17194798
I've been to restaurants by myself though. I literally just started at my phone the while time, waiting for the waiter to take my order, then wait while they prepared my food, and then bring the check.

Felt awkward being there by myself, while everyone around me is with friends, chatting and laughing

>>17194785
No accent, not good looking

>>17194498
>>17194490
>>17194440
Thanks
>>
Bump

OP here, I spent the entire morning at breakNeck ridge, hiking by myself. Everyone else who wasn't over 60 was with friends

What should I spend the afternoon doing in the city? Where is the best place to meet people, if I went to times square, like the other anon mentioned, what would I even say to people there?
>>
>>17196356
go rock climbing, cheap as fuck. This place just opened.
http://dumbo.thecliffsclimbing.com/
>>
>>17196356
everyone in times square, save for those in costumes, are tourists. Just find a group of people sitting down and join in, asking if they're visiting the city for the first time. Some will be awkward, most will be nice.
>>
>>17196784
I can try this, but I imagine I will be full autismo

>>17196758
But there's rock climbing where I'm from...
>>
>you need to have at least 2 people or you look out of place and like a loner
aww boo hoo
>>
>>17196819
Let's say I go top a restaurant, what do I do while my food is being made? Just stare at my phone?
>>
>>17196890
do you have anything non electronic with you? bring a book, something you can get immersed in easily. With regards to girls, it's all about confidence. If you're on your own, tell them a friend bailed and you have a free evening.
I'm in a fucking bad place right now and helping you will definitely cheer me up so shoot.
>>
>>17196890
Just wait? You can also take out a book, if you like reading.
>>
tinder
>>
>>17196928
>>17196924
Hard for me to read when everyone around me is talking. I have a kindle ereader with me

What girls do i talk to, complete strangers?

>>17196966
Im not very good looking
>>
>>17196991
you said there werre cute girls at the hostel. Is there a bar in the hostel? people normally hang out there before going out. Dont talk to random girls at a restaurant,
>>
>>17197009
No bar at the hostel
I don't really see people hanging out here, unless they already know each other
>>
>>17196991
>>17197009
a hostel is the perfect place to meet randoms. Literally talk to anyone around, but don't go straight in saying you're alone. try small talk, look up bars that are in your area and suggest going to them.
>>
>>17197016
are you american OP? or foreign? Foreign definitely gives you an edge when talking to girls.
>>
>>17196991
>Hard for me to read when everyone around me is talking.
You can use earplugs.
But if that doesn't work for you, well just sit there.
If you're feeling uneasy and awkward, just imagine if you were sitting with your friends and someone was alone, what would you think? "Oh, he's all alone, boo hoo"? No, he will just look at you, and completely forget about your existence.
>>
I like to people watch when I eat at restaurants alone.
>>
>>17197036
Im Indian, but born and raised in Canada

>>17197026
So like, "hi, where are you from?" This is all I can come up with

Tbh I have no friends at home, and I'm a kissless virgin. I'm not good at talking to people
>>
>>17197044
I have no friends, but you're right, I probably wouldn't pay much attention to them.. (If I ever was at a restaurant with friends)
>>
>>17197061
don't worry about being a kissless virgin. Yeah say hi, Ask them what theyre doing in NYC, what you're doing there etc.
>>
>>17197078
Ok will try that
>>
>>17197083
good luck
>>
>>17197074
Let's see it another way, you're either with your family, or alone. You don't pay attention to anything. Even when you talk to strangers and they reject you, they will totally forget you.
Here where I live (an Arabic country, it's totally normal for someone you don't know to begin to talk to you in the bus, they will usually complain about shit and stuff but still, some might find it weird but you will meet people open to that.
>>
>>17195232
That is how restaurants work whether you're alone or not: you sit down, you look at the menu, you order some food, they bring you the food, you eat, you pay, you leave. Restaurants exist to provide food you can't get at home. Going to McD's and other crappy fast food is bad for your health and a waste when you could go out somewhere else and actually enjoy your meal.

Try spending less time on your phone during your vacation and more time taking in where you are. Get over your awkwardness.
>>
Op here, so I'm at Times square.

I don't see what's the big deal of this place. Why are people in costumes. What does sesame street or frozen have to do with NYC. Spiderman is the only one that makes sense.

Anyways, Haven't spoken to anyone either... Everyone here is with their family. And everyone seems to be in a rush, going somewhere
>>
>>17197354
Legit, half the people here have baby strollers
>>
hey OP are you still around?

I'm in NYC and if you want I'll come on over and we can get some beers together or something.
>>
>>17197354
times square is shit, its a dumb tourist trap
>>
>>17197354
Look for a young man named Eisley Constantine. He will direct you where to go.
>>
OP?
>>
>>17197408
>>17197408
Yes, will be in nyc all week. I don't want to show you my autism though tbqh
>>
>>17197601
hey man, don't worry about being an autist I'm mostly a loner as well but I love NYC and I do know a few cool places to go, I hate to hear about people having a bad time here. If you want we could meet up tonight or tomorrow and I could show you around a bit. Plus travel is always more fun when you have another person.
>>
>>17197614
>>17197614
Tbqh, I'm worried about someone on 4chan taking photos of me and posting them online.. I am a kv

Getting advice is more safer, I don't think I'm being too paranoid
>>
>>17197726
:|

christ you're a lost cause, during the week try to go to the museum of natural history, the metropolitan museum of art, and the bronx zoo, those three are the best culture sites. Go see a broadway play if you can get tickets. Some good movie theaters are the IFC Center, film forum, sunshine cinema, cinema village, and the angelika film center. You can see movies there that play nowhere else in the world, there's probably a midnight movie at the IFC center tonight as well, should be fun.

You really disappointed me anon, just wanted you to know that.
>>
>>17197737
>>17197737
OK, seeing how it's 9pm, and I'm still in my room. With the other 5 roommates having gone out.. I would be interesting in hanging out

Ifc looks really cool. There's a movie showering in 55 minutes that was the palm d'or at Cannes last year. Might go see that if I can make out there on time desu
>>
>>17197962
well have a good time, but I can't do it now

let me know if you're up to hang tomorrow though
>>
>>17197986
>>17197986
Sure

>tfw leaving hostel just now
> see group of a dozen people talking
> pretend I have something to do, don't make eye contact
I don't even know what I would have said top them tbqh.. However bad I am talking to someone one on one, I am a hundred times worse in groups
>>
>>17198022
can't help you there, I'm real awkward with that shit as well
>>
You guys should exchange emails, desu

Also don't worry about eating alone or going anywhere alone. I got over it, because I realized who cares? It's more interesting to be alone, you can do whatever you want without worrying about whoever you're with, and you don't need a group to feel important. So idk just go eat, go have fun, and go check out Chinatown for me, I never got to go when I was in NYC
>>
>>17198022
Okay just start by simply saying "hi, how are you?" To people. Then eventually you can escalate it to a full conversation. It takes a little practice, I mastered it from working in retail.
>>
yeah sure, ok

my email is [email protected] feel free to drop me a line and we can exchange mobile numbers and go from there
>>
>>17198121
Thanks, would this work for strangers oh the street?

>>17198137
Will send you an email tomorrow morning with my number
>>
Hmu nyc mah turf boi
>>
>>17198115
I live in nyc. I do everything alone. If there's one place to not give a shit about being weird(whether its actually weird or not) its nyc. If u wanna rush try sprinting down the sidewalks and thru traffic. Its fun as fuck to swerve around thru the crowds of peopl and cars. Its a plus if with people and intoxicated. Maybe start off by running thru hust people tho. (Dont wanna die)
>>
>>17194166
Op are you still in Manhattan? I live really close and I'll hang out with you today for memorial day if you want.
>>
>>17194166

Just do your own thing with your own stuff to see and own itinerary. If you want social company go to a club. Learn to be happy by yourself you dumb faggot.
>>
If you're shy and socially awkward it's unlikely you're going to meet a bunch of cool kids at a hostel and then spend all night fucking exotic women in the bunk beds.

Personally I've found people at hostels fairly irritating most of the time and they have ruined one or two excellent cities for me by forcing me to do boring shit or to rush through something fascinating because they were idiots.

I suspect you might just be wanting to spend time with these people in the hopes of getting laid. Which is unlikely to happen. You're not suave, they're not interested, and you've got nowhere to fuck them.

Just go out and enjoy yourself. Nobody gives a fuck if you eat at a restaurant on your own and if it makes you feel better keep in mind that you have a good reason for being on your own. There are barsluts anywhere in the world that you can have a ONS with. Go see NYC.
>>
>>17198898
I heard its gonna rain hard today :/
>>
>>17194190
Here's a fucking idea, go for a walk?? Fucking look around and take in the scenery. When you see a place that might look interesting, go inside. Go to bars, and start up conversations with people. Continue walking around and walking into places that look interesting.

You're a lot more likely to have literally anything good happen by doing this than just sitting in your hotel room
>>
>>17196890
Do you literally need to be doing something every second that your alive and awake? Can you not just fucking sit there patiently and enjoy the scenery while you wait for your food?
>>
>>17198571
Running in traffic does not seem like a good idea f a m

>>17198898
>>17199037
>>17198137
>>17198556
Since it's raining, what are options for things to do. Feel like people are limited to indoor activities..
Don't want to waste your time with tourist type activities

>>17198988
>>17199009
Thanks
At home, I'm alone all the time. I'm fine being alone, but I do know the benefits of having friends...
You are right that there ate bars everywhere, and I should try to spend my time doing things more unique to the city

>>17199045
on Saturday I tried that. Looking for a place to easy, I didn't want to go to a chain that they have in Canada, so I walked around, checked out the reviews of places. And then I see that the place is packed and noone is eating by themselves, so I avoided it

>>17199056
Tbqh, I feel like if I say and started at another table in front of me, they would think I'm weird
If I stared at my own table, I'd be seen as weird
So I just look at my phone.

I'm fine sitting and not doing anything, like waiting in line or if I'm on a train and there is noone across from me
>>
> wanted to go to the Met
> it's 10am, when doors open
> at least 300 people already waiting outside
>>
>>17199731
Actually closer to 600 people...
>>
>>17199731
ok and, that place can hold thousands

btw don't give them anything, its a suggested donation and their largess is fuckhuge they don't need your money
>>
>>17199526
hey how come you didn't send me an email, I don't mind just going to a bar with you or something
>>
>>17199999
Sorry, Im anxious meeting someone from online.. And I know my social skills are shit. I don't want to waste your time
>>
>>17194166
desu If I still had funds, I would've done something with you anon. I live really close to to nyc but I am unfortunately poor atm.
>>
>tfw the only people I've talked to today are cashiers
> the hostel had a social today, don't even think I'm going to go
>>
NYC is a great place to be alone, man
>>
>>17201688
Ok, I went to the social event

> first two guys I spoke to were Chads from Argentina
> in perfect English they say "we don't speak much English, go speak to someone else"
> later see them talking and kissing on the cheeks two of the cuties I mentioned in the op
> a nice guy invites me into his conversation
> he's really nice, starts talking to another girl
> he does most of the talking, while I just drink and nod at what they each say
> there's a pub event in 20 minutes, afraid of going and just end up standing around, when people find out I can't hold a conversation.. like usual
>>
>>17201802
What should I do while alone? I've made a rough itinerary of things I want to do, but it feels like they'd be better with someone
>>
Bump

>tfw spoke to one of my hostel roommates
> the girl roommate didn't seem interested in taking though

I went to the empire state building tonight. Don't think I'll go to the Rockefeller center, it wasn't that interesting to me
>>
I'm going in a few days! Here's my itinerary of things I want to see, most of them popular tourist-y things, but maybe you'll get some ideas.

Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, MoMA, The Met, Museum of Natural History, Central Park, Times Square, 9/11 Site, Grand Central Station, Coney Island, Nintendo World Store, High Line Park, Rockefeller Center, Little Italy, Chinatown.

Honestly, I don't think talking to people should even be a big deal, you'll probably get more experiences out of just wandering around and seeing the sights.
>>
>>17202630
>Honestly, I don't think talking to people should even be a big deal
Tbqh, I've read stories of people saying hostels are a good way to find people to hang out with. To even meet girls at. But Im still pretty lonely and still don't have a gf
>>
>>17201884
all you have to do is be yourself
>>
OP here

> be alone in central park
> literally everyone rowing on the water under bow's bridge is with at least one other person
Feels bad man
>>
> at grand central
> literally just a train station
How do I become to enjoy things like this? Is it because I'm autistic that I don't like these tourist attractions?
>>
File: 1463512329163.jpg (282 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1463512329163.jpg
282 KB, 2000x1000
>>17204996
>>
>>17198550
>>17198550
It has for me.
>>
>>17205404
>>17205404
It may sound like I'm whining, bu, there are things I can't do without friends

Id like top go top izakaya or tapas restaurants. But generally those places are where you share food with the people you're with

how do I get people to like my company
>>
File: tmp_28067-LB09Z4o-488040580.jpg (76 KB, 1080x1200) Image search: [Google]
tmp_28067-LB09Z4o-488040580.jpg
76 KB, 1080x1200
>>17205427
Every person I see on the street looks like they have somewhere to go, or they are with a friend, or they ate staring at their phone.. How do I even begin talking to them without seeming like I'm annoying them
>>
Get drunk at a bar OP you fool, then go around to different bars. watch your wallet but you should make some friends.
>>
>>17205794
I've been to bars solo before.

I sat at the bar by myself, or at a table by myself. While everyone else sat with their group
>>
>>17194166
Nyc is one of the best places in the world to practice your game. Lots of bars, 2.3 million single girls, and a lot of motivation to make something out of your trip. Approaching girls in bars is easy as shit once you get the hang of it. It's simple.

Bullshit a reason to be there. Make up a situation where you need a girl to help you out, or just say something to grab their attention quickly ("holy shit, did you see the fight that happened outside of the club?") once that happens, just start a conversation. Time yourself. See how long you can keep their attention. Do this over and over again and you'll get better at approaching girls.

Remember, don't feel needy, and don't act needy. You're a fucking rockstar; the girl is just part of an experiment you're doing to make yourself even better.
>>
>>17205835
I should walk up to a group of guys and girls, and ask them if they've seen an imaginary fight outside? They would say "no", since it's imaginary. And I'm supposed to describe it? If I remember PUA, two girls would be fighting over a guy?
>>
>>17205835
>>17205855
Does the group matter?
Like if there is a guy(s) in the group, how do I know they are not with the girl(s)
>>
This is an example of a person who is ruined by too much internet and not enough social interaction.Get off 4chan, you're in one of the greatest cities in the world! In order to have fun you have to let go of inhibitions. Kind of shitty example, but why do you think drunk people never stop talking? They lose their inhibitions and fear of being "awkward' or "embarrassed" and have a good time and say what they want.
>>
>>17205855
>>17205865
Most clubs are housed entirely inside a building so they have no idea what's going on outside. If they can see what's happening outside, then make something else up. The point is you're just starting a conversation with something interesting rather than "hi my name is anon and I want to fuck you".
Also, approaching groups of guys and girls is actually a great idea. You'll be shocked how few girls actually go out with their boyfriends, and if you feel weird around the girl you can just chill with the guys in the group. In fact, winning over the men is the fastest way to get to the girl without opposition.
>>
>>17205932
How do I win them over? With the story about the fight? What do I say next?

>>17205887
I don't know what to say tbqh
>>
>>17205966
You just need to start talking and find yourself. Tell them about the fight, but from there just be yourself and think on your feet. No one can give you the perfect playbook on how to win girls. A lot of it comes from practice. You have your first play, now get off this fucking forum and go use it.
>>
>>17205994
>>17205994
Ok, went to the nearby bar. It's pretty empty desu...it is Tuesday.

Literally only girls here are 3 girls in a group of 6, and 2 couples, and the bartender
>>
>>17206060
Did you talk to them?
>>
>>17206098
The bar is literally empty, no-one else odd talking to people in other "groups" other than the one they came in with
>>
>>17206115
Not "odd", was supposed to be "is"
>>
>tfw just spent $20 for two drinks
> didn't speak top any grills
So the table of 6 are all Asian, and ate speaking exclusively a foreign language
So that leaves the couple and the bartender

On top of that, the outside of the bar is clearly visible, I can't use the fight opener at all
>>
>>17206145
>>17206145
Too, not top
Are not ate
>>
>>17205682
hey remember that guy earlier in the thread who wanted to hang out with you and gave you your email adress, but then you never emailed him to meet up

fuck you OP, I gave you a chance to make a friend and have someone to do things with but you refused
>>
>>17206154
>>17206154
I'm bad at meeting people and talking to people. I'd bore you dude, I know this, everyone I speak to want to end conversations ASAP since I never have anything to say.

Trust me. You would not like to hang out with me
>>
Well, I'm going top try and ask "how are you" to strangers tomorrow, and to try going to another bar

I don't know how talking to strangers will work, as most don't even look at me
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 471x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 471x800
Your ass is not as good are as feminine as this guy's.
>>
>>17206321
Excuse the spelling errors, I am using Swype and not checking the words.. Seems like 2 and 3 letter words get misspelled easily (top = to or too)
I know how to spell, I just don't double check my post

Also
>tfw can hear the hostel neighbors having a party in their room
> can hear the Argentinean Chads are in attendance
>>
File: tmp_22496-QssCDYfh-488040580.jpg (83 KB, 820x1024) Image search: [Google]
tmp_22496-QssCDYfh-488040580.jpg
83 KB, 820x1024
>>17206326
I don't agree tbqh fampai

I'd post more nice butts if I rant on mobile, only have a free saved
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 500x666
>>17206355
>>
>>17206321
No one said that this is an easy road. It's going to be a long journey but you can do it. Good job on going out to the bar. Tomorrow you make the next step. In fact if that party is still going on grab a bottle of vodka and knock on their door. Go for broke. You'd be surprised how nice random Americans are.

If you want to excel tomorrow I'd go up to strangers like you said AND go to a real club tomorrow. Not a bar this time. We're talking stereotypical "out to party and get shitfaced club". It's way easier to game their than you might expect. It's New York so their should be one close to you.

Btw, I can tell you're pretty critical of yourself. Guess what? All people are like that. Everyone's got a little nagging voice in their head telling them that they're boring or lame or stupid or whatever. No one is better than you, because everyone's dealing with the same nagging voices of doubt that you're dealing with. You're not below anyone, if anything you're just like everyone else (which is good to know for your game)

Good luck tomorrow anon. Misery is comfortable, but those who leave its comfort are rewarded. Go kick some ass.
>>
>>17206169
>Trust me. You would not like to hang out with me
You want to know why I would never ever want to hang with you? Because you're fucking annoying "Oh no, I'm bad a talking to people" "Oh, I will bore you" "Oh no, I'll be a burden"
I bet that you spend your time excusing yourself, feeling sorry for yourself.
You know what repulses girl? Insecurity. The guy gave you a chance, and you blow it off. The guy is a stranger on the internet, you'll never meet him again (if it was a bad day), it was a really good chance to train yourself on how to be social with strangers. NYC is really good for sightseeing, so even if you don't talk, it will still be enjoyable. (and I bet that the guy knows more about NYC than the tourist traps)

Anyway OP, the problem is not being alone, it's being bitter like you. A lot of people do solo backpacking and they're fucking happy with it so why won't you enjoy what you're doing instead of thinking of the if's and maybe's?
>>
>>17206355
What's her name?
>>
>>17205887
>dude just lose your inhibitions lmao
top tier advice
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 500x652) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 500x652
Who knows? (Sigh)
>>
>>17206321

It's pointless trying to chat with someone if you think that you dont' have anything interesting to say. Everyone has things to say, some more interesting than others, but everyone do things and have their hobbies. Just try something and if you feel rejected, don't bother, they won't remember you next day morning and you will never see them again
>>
>>17206515
Thanks

I'm at coney island today, I haven't been on a beach in decades, it's actually very nice, weather is warm, isn't too hot, no clouds, beach isn't full

But haven't talked to anyone here.. everyone is in groups, or if someone is alone, they're on their phone or have headphones on...
>>
File: image.png (401 KB, 400x604) Image search: [Google]
image.png
401 KB, 400x604
>>
>tfw a cyclist spits on you for no reason
I haven't talk to anyone yet either...
>>
>tfw go to a highly rated pizza store
> they only sell whole pizzas, too much for one person
brehs...
>>
>>17194190

I highly doubt you're actually autistic dude. Have you actually met anyone autistic? They are worlds apart from the "average" person. You might be shy, you may be introverted but autistic? Don't throw the word around. It has a different meaning in real life than it does online. I consider myself more of an introverted person but I have struck up conversations with total strangers and it's been good. Just relax and don't be afraid to take chances. I mean really, will you ever see them again? Probably not.
>>
Went the day without talking to anyone... People always look away when im walking down the street and make eye contact. Deciding on what club to go to

>>17209431
I have no friends, don't know what to say in conversations, always "in my head", im fairly certain I fall somewhere within the autism spectrum of disorders (like aspergers)
>>
OP here, dip I'm at this club
Noone is dancing. People are just standing and talking.. I don't know what to do
>>
OP here, so I'm at this club
Noone is dancing. People are just standing and talking.. I can't just interrupt peoples convos with my bs story of a fight
>>
>>17210178
>>17210178
Made a typo, with the word dip, thought I cancelled the post
>>
>tfw you can't speak loud enough for the bartender to understand your order
>tfw you pass someone, put your hand on her upper back top do so, and she says Ewww
>>
>tfw have had 4 drinks and still posting on 4chan
JUST Kill me boys
>>
Ok, talked to like a 10/10
Asked her a question, she gave a shit answer and then walked away

I'm at 6 drinks
>>
So I say "how's out going" our "how's you're night", these girls reply good, and I don't know what to say next
I can't use that fight opener, I think it's bs
>>
>>17210329
How's it going, not out

Getting harder to solve captcha s
>>
Well, they're goes almost $100 I'll never see again

I love my life, hahahahahaha
>>
>>17210348
Why do I feel that I'm reading Oyasumi Punpun?
>>
>>17210370
>>17210370
Haven't wAtched anime or read manga in years, never heard of that one

But, after the 6 drinks in under an hour, I drank an entire pitcher of water. Hopefully I don'T get black out drunk

Everything is funny though, a sad, depressing sort of funny. I hate my life really, the other post was, hopefully, obviously sarcastic

They're ate a lot less girls here than there were when I started posting tonight
>>
So here I am, almost black out drink, posting on 4chan. There are like 4 girls and 20 guys left in this venue

And I'm posting on 4chan
>>
>>17210529
OP here, so after this post I stayed for another hour at the bar, and spoke to only one other person. I just asked FORM questions and then she eventually just said, nice meeting you, and went away
>>
>>17211224
I think I mentioned this above, but this is how almost all my interactions with people go. I try to talk, but they are the ones to end the conversation (sorry to keep you, nice talking with you, etc.). Usually within the first 1-2 minutes. I've never been the one top end the conversation
>>
Bump

>tfw there are so many 10/10 girls in this city
>>
>>17202630
>>17202630
>tfw did pretty much all of that
>2 more full days in nyc
>>
How is this thread not dead yet?
>>
OP here

>>17212393
See >>17194188

at home I spend all my time on 4chan
Same thing here
>>
File: image.jpg (186 KB, 430x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186 KB, 430x640
>>
>tfw there ate lots more girls at the hostel
> lots more Chads too
> haven't spoken to any of them
There's a hostel pub crawl today, will be mostly poorly rated bars

Should I go? There will be lots of chads there I imagine
>>
>>17212795
Help, maybe I'll just walk around Times square
>>
File: 1439736398694.png (125 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1439736398694.png
125 KB, 400x388
Tfw this thread is like a movie
>>
>>17196890
Sit at the bar and chat up the people next to you who are usually in the same boat.
>>
>>17213217
I've done that at a fancy restaurant once. There was one guy next to me, and later in the meal a couple sat next to me

The guy started talking to me, and we chatted for a couple of minutes

But what about places without a bar? Or if no-one is beside me? Or the people beside me are in a group and having their own conversation
>>
>tfw waiting in line at a restaurant (1hr wait)
> literally only person here by themselves, everyone else is in a group
>>
>>17213311
Groups are fine, I just say hi and if they don't look like they'll mug me later tell them I'm visiting and ask if they've know of anything fun happening, or if they're tourists as well what have they done that I should. Sitting at a table is different, I kind of just chill and enjoy the atmosphere and maybe chat up the waiter if they're not busy for recs on what to do after dinner. You really only need to kill time up till when you're eating.
>>
people who don't play sports are pathetic lol

how come your brain hasn't made you kill yourself yet
>>
>>17213762
That's the first mention of sports in this thread

But I don't play sports, and I am pathetic
>>
>>17213398
>>17213398
I should have done that today... Butt I stood in line and didn't talk to anyone. The restaurant has bar seating, and I didn't want to start talking to the people next to me when I didn't say anything to them while in the line.. They never said anything to me though
>>
It's 11pm.. Should I go out again tonight? Pretty tired tbqh

I've read online there's a bar called union pool, which people go to hook up. Anyone from nyc hear of it? It's like 45 minutes by public transit
>>
>>17194190
Then why did you go? Did you not realise you were a loser? If you do not go out right fucking now OP and just walk around and look at the sights then you are going to be this much of a loser for the rest of your life. You're at a hostel? Like a third of the people staying there have come on their own and feel the same as you. I've never been to New York and I know for a fact there's plenty of fucking instagram/facebook hotspots with tourists walking about on their own taking selfies, get them to take a picture of you with your phone, wait until they've gone and do it with the next half dozen people. Bang, you've just had multiple spontaneous interactions with strangers and you might fucking start to get over yourself a bit.
>>
>>17197726
>W-why won't total strangers talk to an awkward indian?
>Hey bro let's hang out
>N-no thanks, no bully, muh fee fees
Just talk to other indians OP because I know for a fact you're going to be so beta that you'll piss people off straight away if you say shit like this.
>>
>>17214871
I do Kind of want to go to moma again and get a picture standing next to the starry night painting
>>
>>17214883
I've seen a few Indians, but they're in groups too

>>17214871
Went because I thought I could somehow cure my autism, like by doing normie things. Have stories to tell of traveling in nyc...

I don't see many people alone at the hostel tbqh
>>
What a peculiar thread. Someone literally offered to hang out with you and you turned them down, they offered, you didnt have to do anything...and you still said no
>>
Seriously brehs, they're are 20 times as many good looking girls in my city than where I'm from. It's unreal.. It's too bad I can't speak to any of them
>>
>>17194166
>What do I say to the other people here?
Ask people if there's anything interesting happening nearby. Do this when it's not busy or you might be distracting them.
Don't bother with the girls. Seems you're already anxious enough as it is?
I don't know what you should do to have a good time because i don't know your interests. Chill out at Central Park? Head for the nearest Tourist Office or something?

I've never been on vacation by myself so godspeed anon.

t. actual autist
>>
>>17216339
>>17216339
I mean 20x as many in this city than my home city

>>17216438
I've already done pretty much everything that's recommender to do in nyc, been to central park

Do I just sit in the hostel sitting area and try to talk to people there. Tomorrow is my last full day here
>>
>tfw see a chad giving his number to a qt outside the hostel
> pass a girl in the hall on my floor. I just say "hey"
>>
>>17214871
Okay, I have no problem asking people for things like that. It's starting a convo, and having to be engaging that's hard for me

I just went to Rockefeller center and asked 4 people to take pics of me, had no issues
>>
OP here, so I'm at a bar called barcade. It's a bar with retro video game machines

I like this place, though most girls are here with someone. Haven't talked to anyone though, guy or girl. I like this place, interesting concept
>>
>>17217481
I don't know what to say to anyone here

Also, the place is full of hipsters, like 1/10 people here have a guitar on their back. And there's a drumpf 2016 graffiti in the bathroom
>>
So now they're are no girls left in this place that after playing games. There are about 6 sitting at the bar, talking to their friends though

Guess it's time to head back to the hostel
>>
>>17217593
So in terms of girls, there are only couples here, and 3 girls sitting at a table, though they might have bfs playing games though

Brehs, how do I get a gf
>>
> tfw wanted to play a teaching game
> it's multiplayer
> people ask me to leave so they can play with their friends
>I agree
One guy literally just says "sorry dude", even though I was sitting in the machine, and I leave. This is how autistic I am. Help /adv/
;_;
>>
>>17217753
Not teaching game, racing game...
>>
This has to quite possibly be the most spergy thread I have ever read. What is even going on here?
>>
>>17217810
I'm trying to get advice on how not to be a sperg
>>
>>17217831
someone literally offered to hang out with you, the entire fucking purpose of this thread was to find someone to hang out with, and you're worried that he's going to take a picture of you, and post it somewhere online. i want you to re-read that, and listen to how fucking retarded you sound.

you literally have no hope. have fun letting irrational fears control your life.
>>
>>17217881
Not that irrational, a few years ago I posted on another board my face, and someone started making memes of it.. I've been a kv for some time, this isn't my first post on being an autist

If you visit /r9k/, there are image collages of self identified virgins. There are some crazy people on the internet... Taking advice is safer than giving up personal info (face, name, etc)
>>
>>17217903
>on another board
That's your anwser, you're on /adv/, not /r9k/ or /b/.
It's like telling me you're afraid of posting your picture on /soc/.
Now, I'm following you from the beginning, and you're improving, so go on. Usually, to have great conversations, you have to be a great listener, people loooove talking about themselves. As for specifics, try to read this : http://www.wikihow.com/Have-a-Great-Conversation
http://www.wikihow.com/Start-a-Conversation-When-You-Have-Nothing-to-Talk-About
>>
>>17218007
>>17218007
Thanks for the links, but some of those are hard for me to put in to practice, especially the one about making observations about my surroundings to start a convo
>>
>>17217831

>What do I say to the other people here?
>What do I say to the girls?
>How do I have a good time, what should I do?
>I'm trying to get advice

No you're trying to get a circlejerk pity party going on. All these questions have been answered and someone else literally offered to hang out with you and show you some sights and you said no, so even if you did meet someone who wanted to talk to you they would be repulsed by how willingly anti-social you are, and you're not doing this cause you're a spastic, you're doing it cause you want to
>>
The questions may have been answered, but I'm still the same. Haven't met anyone while traveling really... One suggestion was to go out to clubs, which I've been doing, but I don't know what to do when there
>>
File: tmp_32558-M7OQttX840451793.jpg (28 KB, 452x579) Image search: [Google]
tmp_32558-M7OQttX840451793.jpg
28 KB, 452x579
>>
File: tmp_15491-Yixf147-355841726.jpg (53 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
tmp_15491-Yixf147-355841726.jpg
53 KB, 640x640
Bump

Another night at a bar, another night not speaking to anyone. What do?

>tfw have hostel roommate who is a Chad, goes partying every night
>>
>>17221336
go with the chad
>>
File: tmp_15491-I3YlIGJ-755359713.png (539 KB, 504x601) Image search: [Google]
tmp_15491-I3YlIGJ-755359713.png
539 KB, 504x601
>>17221338
I don't know him, don't want to just tag along. Plus, he's not going out tonight, and I leave tomorrow morning
>>
Can the mods just delete this thread?
>>
File: 1464266796428.png (150 KB, 279x298) Image search: [Google]
1464266796428.png
150 KB, 279x298
Anon, as an introverted, shy, borderline autistic person, following this thread and your chronicles has been sad and painful. If you had these issues in the first place, going somewhere completely out of your element isn't going to magically make you a more sociable person.

It doesn't seem like you have much time left on your trip, so I think it'd be better to try to learn from what you did in NYC and try to improve on it when you go home. If you still want to try and make something of this trip, try to remember that you'll literally never meet any of these people again and that there's no reason to be so scared of everything. If you fuck up, that's that, you'll never see them again anyway.

As far as engaging in conversation, I'm certainly not in any position to give advice but I'm not a kissless virgin or anything at least.

Good ways to open up are just asking people what they're doing, where they're from, are they visiting or do they live there, etc. Talk about yourself as well, why you're in NYC, where you're from, what you've done and seen, just be there and engaging. Conversation is a two way street so you have to contribute if you want to keep it going.

Also good luck getting any white bitches lol.
>>
>>17221991
>>17221991
L E L

E

L

Contain your autism
>>
File: tmp_15491-OJDAKVd-1832846026.jpg (170 KB, 1002x1444) Image search: [Google]
tmp_15491-OJDAKVd-1832846026.jpg
170 KB, 1002x1444
>>17222047
Thanks for the advice
>>
File: image.jpg (193 KB, 937x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193 KB, 937x1500
>>
>>17194267
You're in a fucking city. There is zero stigma to eating out by yourself.
>>
>>17199009
>^ this guy gets it.... i work alot in the city & there's no reason for anyone to say oh idk what dafuq to do with myself in the city... on the darker side of things if this is b9 get a rope, take the metro to downtown, take the ferry to the liberty island sneak inside, climb upto the torch & hang yourself, if it's not across central park go visit the museum row
>>
>>17223027
>>17223027
Well in my entire time there, I only saw 1 person eating by themselves
Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.