[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's more embarrassing: a McJob, or being NEET?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 9
What's more embarrassing: a McJob, or being NEET?
>>
being a neet if you're supported by relatives.
>>
>>17193186
Being a neet. Get a fucking job. Get out of the house. Get some sunlight on your clammy skin. There's cute chicks working at McDonalds. Talk to one. Make me a sausage egg and cheese McGriddle with a hash brown stuffed inside while you're at it.
>>
Nothing embarrasing about McJob if you go there and own it.
>>
Outside of low pay and the fact that anyone can do it, McJobs are shit on for no reason.
Some of those people hustle their asses off during rush hours. Just don't be one of those guys that go in and complain while doing nothing.
>>
Definitely being a NEET.
>>
>>17193218
>griller at five guys
>work as fast as i can during rush and still can't keep up with orders

;~;
>>
If you are a neet people might assume you can afford it due to accumulated funds, family wealth or personal connections. A McJob is socially more embarrassing despite requiring additional skill and motivation.
>>
>>17193186
Think about all the free burgers and fries. That alone is a good reason to work a McJob.
>>
File: 1459676988876.gif (481 KB, 141x141) Image search: [Google]
1459676988876.gif
481 KB, 141x141
>>17193237
I love five guys. They always dump a shit ton of fries in my bag. I can never finish them all, but I appreciate it none the less.
>>
>>17193186

being NEET.

does it matter what random fat ugly poor people eating at mc donalds thikn of the people who work there?

and if you mean your friends inf they are actually friends, they dont care.

the big issue is whether or not this is what you are settling for. just go in knowing your plan and stick with it.
>>
>>17193237

No, people will assume that he is a pathetic loser.
>>
>>17193241
>>17193230
Goddamit tagged the wrong post
>>
Depends on what stage of your life you're at.

If you're taking a McJob as a young person to tide over expenses/gain whatever experience you can, it's not that different from any other job. But if you're there because you've got no other choice, yeah, it's more embarrassing than just staying at home. At least being a NEET makes people think you're still trying to get a decent job.
>>
>>17193250

No, staying at home makes people think that you are a loser that cannot be arsed to put food on his own table.
>>
Depends on how you approach either situation.

If your job is taking orders at McD's, it can feel like a kick in the balls every day, especially if you're in your hometown where you can run into people you know.
On the other hand, if you get a job as a bookseller at a nice bookstore, are a barista at the cafe of a bookstore, are a cashier at an MMA gym, or something like that, your McJob can be really cool.

If you're a NEET who spends all day at home feeling shitty and playing video games, society will have contempt for you. If you're a NEET who hitchhikes around, goes on adventures/travels, or work on a communal farm, that can be pretty cool.
>>
>>17193230
Just means business is good and your food is delicious.
Keep up the great work
>>
>>17193259
Tell them you've got savings/it's a temporary thing. It's still more embarrassing than admitting you're a failure and working at a McJob.
>>
>>17193186
being a neet. if you work in mcdonalds, you can progress in life. you dont have to stay there. just save up enough money and go to uni if you have dislike it. if you're a neet, there is nothing. i was a neet for about 2 years, it was depressing as fuck
>>
>>17193271

Nope. Society despises NEETs. OP going around telling people that he has savings, although he most likely hasn't, is merely pissing his own pants to keep himself warm.
>>
>>17193286
Society looks down on McJobs too.
>>
>>17193301

So let me get this straight, a person that has no income, is not being trained for a job nor is studying is suddenly selfaware to such an extent that said person does not want to work for McDonalds?

The fuck is this retarded logic
>>
>>17193186
NEET is the most embarrassing.
>>
>>17193307
>suddenly selfaware to such an extent that said person does not want to work for McDonalds?

What the hell does this mean?
>>
>>17193315

That you're a little bitch and you need to stop defending people that decides to become NEETS and yet are too fancy to work at McDonalds.

bitch
>>
>>17193319
Nonsense then. K
>>
>>17193324

Enjoy being poor and alone, little NEETbitch
>>
>>17193186
work at a similar shitty job for 12 hours employor says fuck it and whrites 8 hours close enuff, I'm pissed ass fuck
>>
>>17193186
mcjob imo
you can make as much or more on government handouts
>>
>>17193326
Use your free time as a NEET and self-study then find a decent job. And by decent job I mean not a McJob.

If you're stuck in a McJob that's just embarrassing.
>>
>>17193340

>NEET confirmed
>>
>>17193186
NEET by a long shot
The only people who look down on those with Mcjobs are those who don't have jobs themselves.
People shit on Mcjobs a lot, but they offer a lot (in the UK) like discounts on driving lessons and many other incentives.
I've hired plenty of people in past jobs, I'd hire someone who worked for 6 months at McDick's over the guy who finished school and lived off his parents.
>>
>>17193347
>projecting
>>
>>17193186
if your only choices are being NEET or working at McDicks, your life is pretty much fucked.

Hit the restart button.
>>
>>17193355

What's it like sitting on your ass all day?
>>
When I was 6 my plan in life was to become a rockstar and work part time at a local fast food chain called Good Times. As a rockstar I'd be cool and get to live a cool life, and as a Good Times employee I'd get limitless burgers.
>>
>>17193186
I k ew someone who went from having a McJob to being a regional manager within 6 years and makes more than everyone but the kids with rich parents from our highschool grad class.
>>
>HR Recruiter

If you're entering the job-force, getting a job at McDonald's is by no means a bad thing. Working there for 20 years is kind of odd, but having a year of McDonald's on your resume when you're young looks good. Customer Service experience counts for more than you think it does.
>>
>>17193205
>cute chicks
The many mcDs I've been in had only ghetto black chicks or filthy She-Canas.

Only Starbucks and even Taco Bell has the cute chicks category cornered.
>>
Anyway, NEEThood is the worst. Get a job, even if it's McDs (even though they never fucking hire).
>>
>>17193186
>more embarrassing: a McJob
More embarrassing than having a job?
Not having a job and browsing 4chan
>>
>>17193463
I've tried applying to McDonalds before when I was 17 and dear god the application is much more then what I thought it would be. It's fucking mcdonalds why do you make it so fucking long and require so much. I ended up getting a job at a dollar store and got paid more being a keyholder and the application was way less of a hassle then the mcdonalds.
>>
Jacking this thread, I need help on actually getting a job.

See, even when I applied for all grocery stores, restaurants, and even Craigslist, no one is hiring. Just yesterday, I put in 90 apps towards everything, from Walmart to school janitor to cafeteria server and much more, yet no one's responded.
>>
>>17193501
You have to actively go in and tell them you've put an application in, when I got my first job I called repeatedly over the next week trying to get a word in with the manager and ask him what the situation was. I did it so much he genuinely sounded annoyed to me but thats what you have to do don't expect a manager to hire you solely on your application. Go in there inform them of you wanting the job, call them every day to check the status of it.
>>
>>17193497
Think the apps are bad? Try the interviews. In my neighborhood, we have one filthy area where the group ints are held. It's always this one bulky dude who keeps up the schpeel. Somehow, after 5 fucking interviews, he still doesn't want to hire me. Something about 'you're just not fit for our company. :)"

You would have no idea how much wrath I had when the phone calls weren't coming in for an actual interview. I just want a fucking job so I can stop being a NEET and break the cycle of rest. That, and I need money, obviously.
>>
>Humiliating labor at the absolute bottom wrung of a megacorporation, contributing in a miniscule, insignificant way to cultural stagnation and the degredation of public health.
vs.
>idleness, contributing to nothing
people emotionally invested in giving a sense of righteousness to this society they toil under will tell you that any work is better than no work, but I disagree.
>>
>>17193508

That's bad advice. Making one call is perfectly fine, spamming them will decrease your chances.

>>17193497
If you are yet to get a response you need to improve your cover letter I would say.
>>
>>17193519
>cultural stagnation
This is actually what bothered me the most about working at Five Guys.

The quality of those burgers is that of an average cook making burgers at home with average effort. But to shitty middle-class people who've only ever had their mom's hockey puck burgers, and McDonald's, it must taste like the shit.

I felt serious disdain for any and all regular customers. $9 for a cheeseburger you could make at home in a few minutes for the fraction of the cost, dude? You're buying this like 4-5 times a week?

Hell, I hated the one-off customers too, because for some reason over half the people who go to Five Guys, it's their first time and they stumble through the ordering process like they have literally never been in a restaurant in their life.

Fuck nigga I'm keyed up.
>>
Why is a job at McDonalds seen as so degrading? It's only degrading if you make that a career, there's one McDonalds I frequent in my area and I never see the same servers twice
>>
>>17193519
>>17193534
Don't be so dramatic: you flip burgers for minimal wage, you can't afford ethics.
>>
>>17193545
It wasn't really the ethics of the matter, it was just kinda soul-sucking to be serving food to such plebs. Depression rates in those jobs are high.
>>
>>17193551
edgemaster016
>>
A wagecuck job would be more embarassing because I can play off being NEET as figuring things out, starting ove or being in a transitional period in my career. But if I worked as a burger flipper or walmart clerk at 27 I look like an unaccomplished ambitionless loser right off the bat.
>>
>>17193623

But you ARE an unaccomplished ambitionless loser right off the bat.
>>
>>17193186
I think its hard enough to get any job today.
Being NEET middle class is a terrible life with no future but down. But it you were NEET and rich that another story.
>>
>>17193623

people can smell losers by a mile away, ur not kidding anybody with ur 'I am in a transitional period of my life'
>>
>>17193261
>it can feel like a kick in the balls every day

I like that sentence. Having a McJob is marginally better than being a NEET. As a NEET you way too much time and opportunity to kill yourself whereas a wageslave you're usually too tired to kill yourself unless you kill yourself on the job.
>>
File: neet.jpg (29 KB, 600x695) Image search: [Google]
neet.jpg
29 KB, 600x695
NEET. here; I've been one for 7ish years now and while I'm usually not embarrassed about it ( I'm a NEET. due to illness ) there are times that changes. Lately I've been doing well with my recovery though and I'm looking to change that. See >>>/biz/1272490

As far as McJob vs. NEET. is concerned I'd have to say it depends. If you are a NEET. without a choice ( illness or staying home to take care of kids and/or house ( both sets of tasks require similar effort to that of a full-time job ) then a McJob could be more embarrassing. If you have a part-time ( or somehow manage a full-time ) McJob ( to help support family or pay tuition ) as dedicated student you have no need to be embarrassed because you're already doing what you can to make the best of your situation. If you are holding a McJob with a plan for advancement in mind ( similar to what I'm planning, see above thread ) I would say it would depend on whether or not your plan was realistic in addition to how far you wished to advance your McJob. If I were to take a McJob, a JobKing, a Carl'sJob or something similar in an attempt to just scrape by as much as you can with as little effort as possible I'd be embarrassed. With that having been said what is more embarrassing is in the eye of the beholder and I don't see that changing unless laws are enacted stating what we must feel about A-Z.
>>
Get a job
>>
>>17193186
Neet. There is nothing more shameful than an adult that won't grow up and pull his own weight. I would give my seat on the bus to the dude that picks cans out of the trash before I would piss on a burning welfare king.
>>
NEET

I've been one for more than a year and it was hell. I felt useless as fuck. At least with a McJob, I'm at least doing something instead of staying at home all the time.
>>
To a certain extent it depends on why you're NEET. I don't actually like that term, because it implies that education and training are the only valid reasons not to be employed: in doing so it excludes homemakers, retired people, convalescents, the disabled, and others. None of these people deserve to be lumped in with the basement-dwellers, yet the term as it stands technically does so. And if you are one of these, I'd imagine that yeah, a McJob would be more embarassing.

But if you ARE one of the basement-dwellers -one of those who are only hiding away, from the world or adulthood or women or whatever it is you are hiding from- then frankly, it makes no sense for a McJob to be less humiliating than your current state. Could anything, even a McJob, be less dignified than that?
>>
>>17193623

>figuring things out

I thought hippies went extinct in the 60s. What are you trying to figure out exactly?
>>
The question will soon be irrelevant, as fully automated fast food is coming fast. Programming robots to perform such monotonous work is simple and the tech is already here.
>>
>>17194127
what my life goals are, who i is, and most importantly, what makes me happy in life!

happiness is luv and luv is peace, and pees is piss in italian.
>>
>>17193186
I'm a neet supported by the gubbermint, i have worked and trained in the past for several years but i have also been a neet for several years. I feel sorry for fast food workers and their working conditions, however i do not feel shame or sorrow about being a neet. If you think it's embarrassing to be me, thats ok as your opinion does not change my life in any meaningful way, just as i would not expect a fast food worker to change their life because of what i think. As for society it is a loaded term, it's a grouping of various different opinions which seldom agree, so thanks for my money society but keep your opinions to your self.
>>
>>17193186
Some of you have terrible work ethic ans should be shot point blank. OP, just get the job, you will feel good about youraelf
>>
>>17193461
Don't forget chickfila
>>
>>17193340
meet means not in education employment or training

Not studying is right in the fucking name
>>
>>17193271
>>17193286
>>17193307
dont oligarchs need people working so they can fleece them?
>>
File: 847.jpg (150 KB, 866x640) Image search: [Google]
847.jpg
150 KB, 866x640
If I give up on winning the lottery, but still am unwilling and unable to ever have a job again, and won't receive NEETbux what the fuck do I do now?

So I started to feel a little depressed and even cried a little for the first time in a long time. I have considered myself a generally very happy person, but I have been hiding behind this fantasy of winning the lottery and all my future plans, hopes and dreams as well as present spending habits depend on the assumption that it would happen.

But pragmatically, literally what else can I fucking possibly do to make a living that would even be worth it. I can't drive because of various overlapping limitations, have no useful skills whatsoever, enjoy being outside and can't do anything productive while inside except shitpost on 4chan, am too anxious to fall asleep if I have to wake up to an alarm, but afternoon to evening and night shifts would take up the whole day and make me depressed, and are only available for wagecuck jobs. Not to mention it has been 5.5 years since I was last fired from my job, so not a chance of ever working again even if I wanted to. No professional connections or family connections despite being Jewish.

So in a nutshell, how does job-slavery not make people want to just kill themselves, and what do I do now if I give up on lottery? Most of my inheritance money is not accessible to me until I'm 30 in a few years, and then will have access to $200k or so. Not enough to live off of, and no idea how to best manage it if thats the only money I'll ever have.
>>
>>17193214
>If you own it.
How about no. Fuck no.
That's like making shitty cartoon animations about ponies.
Just no. You'll ruin your chance at ever landing a good job.
>>
File: 1453199850622.png (274 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
1453199850622.png
274 KB, 540x405
Contributing to society, or dwelling the depths of the internet. The fact that you need to ask this is just retarded.
>>
>>17193340
How do you get a decent job with only self-study?
>>
>>17193186
Being a NEET.
>>
>>17193186
>NEET
This
>>
>>17193250
>But if you're there because you've got no other choice
I assume you haven't been broke with money to spare for one month only, because if you were you'd be talking differently. No job is embarassing if you're actively trying to survive and better your situation.
>>
This thread is pretty r9k right now. A McJob is far better, and not everyone has mommy and daddy to pay for everything or a government bullshit program to take care of you.
>>
File: The_Dude_Abides.jpg (31 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
The_Dude_Abides.jpg
31 KB, 300x300
>>17195354
By accepting the fact of it is what it is at that moment in time? You're a fucking joke and have no respect for yourself if you can honestly say you wouldn't work at McDonalds if it was a last resort or needed urgent money and not try to put some confidence and dedication behind it like you should everything in your life. There's no point to anything if you don't make a point for yourself. Idk about you, but everywhere I go and everything I do I add my pride and dedication to it no matter how low of importance it is. People like you have no self worth and it's written right across your forehead.
>>
People who have worked McJobs, is it possible / easy to get one where you work WITHOUT customers exclusively, i. e. in the kitchen (preferably also without being seen by them for OP reasons of embarassment)
>>
>>17195766
Just apply and tell the manager you only want to work in the kitchen. Worst thing they can do is say "no".
>>
>>17195766
Have you tried retail instead? Overnight is great for minimal interaction.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZgxq1ub_CU
>>
>>17195766
No, they started me at the register.

I'm surprised I haven't had a panic attack yet.
>>
such jobs are full of gap-year kids, students, art majors, wannabe rockstars, people who just don't give a fuck and your odd refugee. Off course none of them plans to do it for a lifetime but it's something.
It kinda makes me sick to see people looking down on any job (except perhaps those cold aproach sales guys, they contribute in no way at all to society). usully it's spoiled kids who've never even had a job who think like that.
somehow selling coffee is considdered a "cool" job but it takes the same or lower skill level than selling burgers.

also: any future employer will see that you aren't afraid to get your hands dirty, which makes you more fvorable than slacker no matter what field you want to go at.

>figuring out my life goals
yeah, the grill is a great place to do that, in fact it's less distracting than muh gaming.
>>
>>17195922
been there, I know it sucks, just ask them if you could stick more to the kitchen work cause that's what you're good at (and be prepared to work your ass off to prove it!). Also doing the register may make you more social.
>>
>>17193186
Low-value people are going to judge you no matter what you do.

Don't use them as motivation, because you will never be satisfied.

Do shit for your own goals, not because some idiot is going to talk shit.
>>
Off-topic, but maybe you all can help:

Thinking of going for a certificate at my local CC to help me get out of retail. For those familiar with accounting, how much would an "Accounting with Technology" certificate aid in my ability to find work? Basically I'll get trained in MS Office and Quickbooks.

I have extensive retail management experience, and strong communication skills and work ethic, just not a lot of experience working in an office.

Appreciate the help!
>>
McDonald's is a starter job. You either work there because to gain actual work experience then excel your way up to a better job. Lots of people work there. If Billions of people eat there, why is it a big deal if people worked there. Lots of people had a job at McDonald's at some point of their lives. The only reason for it to be embarrassing if you worked there for over 5 years with no attempt to find other work. Unless you aren't promoted to supervisor, you're slacking.

However, if you're a NEET, you're nothing. No job? No school? You're wasting your life away. No you have to resort to welfare, sucking our tax money because you're lazy. There's actual people that really need it (Single moms, war vets, old sick people, etc). People WILL believe you're either a lost cause or just a complete loser. Prime example of what not to be for them and children. If you don't want to be humiliated, you have to lie a lot. However, you can't say you work a fancy job or worked things out if you don't have the clothes, car, hygiene, or hobbies to match up you're living up easy. But still, a Mikki D's job is way better than living off as a NEET.
>>
Being a NEET. Don't listen to /r9k/ memers, NEETs are the lowest of the low.
>>
>>17195952
I like you
>>
>>17195354

What a stuck-up little fucking brat comment. I know plenty of people who have done shitty service jobs and moved on to bigger an better things. Some people don't have unlimited options to get a paycheck and put food on the table.
>>
>>17196123
>However, if you're a NEET, you're nothing. No job? No school? You're wasting your life away.

8-10 hours every day at McDonalds serving burgers is not wasting your life away?
>>
I applied to a job opening last week but i still haven't heard anything, what's the right time to call and ask about it?
>>
>>17193186
mcjob makes u money fuck who told u otherwise. niggas wanna see you stay broke. just save it afterwards and dont buy random shit.
>>
>>17195965
It'll probably snag you a low level accounting job somewhere, maybe you should look into getting a job at the CC as well, they probably have some student job that can gain you a little more diverse experience
>>
>>17195354
Are you retarded? The people who make those stupid cartoons about magic horses are respected in their field. No ones going to look at a kid working at mcdonalds and pretend it's because he's unqualified.
>>
>>17196237
>8-10 hours every day at McDonalds serving burgers is not wasting your life away?

It's a job. Work to provide for yourself. Obviously, if you could had a better job, you would had got it. But it wouldn't be the case if you need to work at McDonalds. You obviously haven't read my post. You can work there to get job experience and get a good reference. That's a smart thing to do. Nobody has to work there for the rest of their lives. But it's still better than being a NEET/Bum.
>>
>>17196237
Idk if u know nothing about jobs and working, but you dont need to work full time or overtime at mcdonalds and shitty jobs like that look good on a resume if u plan to get a better job. Also, i live in a small town and there are only 2 mcdonalds nearby and i know most of the ppl who work there from school qnd wutnot and its actually pretty chill cuz u dont have to watch ur mouth around them and stuff. Btw u should never be ashamed of being employed. The job need not define you, you insecure daftwitts!
>>
As someone who is 22 and has been a NEET for around 9 months now, anything is fucking better than this.
>>
>>17196295
You work there so you get another job where you waste just as much time. Then another job after that and another after that. Then you become old and realize that you wasted years doing stupid shit. But hey at least now at 60 years old you're on retirement and can do whatever you want. You know, the stuff you could have done when you were young. And then you die few years after reaching retirement, or you might die before even reaching it.
>>
>>17196329
>Then you become old and realize that you wasted years doing stupid shit.

I think you're getting confused with working a job and being a NEET lol
>>
>>17196341
I think being a NEET is stupid too. Unless you're spending your time studying things that you want to learn and do and then employing yourself by doing the things that you actually want to do.
>>
>>17196360
>being a NEET
>studying
Uh, anon...
>>
>>17196376
I meant studying without school.
>>
>>17193195
This. If you're living on your own saved money, however, being a neet isn't embarrassing.
>>
>>17193461
Also qt chicks coming in to Dunkin Donuts.

t. Dunkin Donuts employee
>>
>>17196380
>>17196360
God damn, you're delusional. I know several people who landed better job that also worked at McD's. Nobody is ever gonna hire some no experience bum who's "self-taught" . You need to be certified by actual working people
>>
>>17193186
I may hate my job and want to kill myself during it but I'm not leaving it until I find something better. I could go back to being NEET while job searching but I don't want to disappoint people.
>>
>>17195372
Learn how to program and stuff, get certificates.
>>
>>17196441
Not a lot of people want to learn programming. Plus, without studying in Uni/College, not a lot of places will look at you legitimately.

>And Stuff

Damn, stuff? Why didn't I thought of that?
>>
>>17196461
Learn a trade then.
>>
File: dja.jpg (34 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
dja.jpg
34 KB, 640x427
Working at McDonalds isn't that bad, not only is the pay going to be 15$ an hour soon, but it's an extremely easy job if you work in the back, I'm on fry duty so I just press a button every now and then and sit on my phone 90% of the day, with maybe some mopping in between, it's extremely easy and honestly really boring, but the fact that I get 10 bucks an hour for sitting around on my phone is enough to make me stay working there, my manager is also really chill and let's us nap sometimes if the day is slow.
>>
>>17196466
Do you know what this thread is about? We're not saying Mc'D is a best job ever or some shit but ANY job beats being a NEET. >>17196466
Compared to that, there's no shame in being a NEET. Plus, not everyone wants to learn Trade as well.
>>
>>17196519
>Give option
>Not everybody wants to do that
>Give other option
>Not everybody wants to do that

So what job does 100% of the population enjoy?
>>
File: 1438747920457.png (12 KB, 454x480) Image search: [Google]
1438747920457.png
12 KB, 454x480
>>17196474
I work a night shift at Mcdonalds, it's fucking awesome, get paid extra, barely anyone comes in, we spend most of our time playing video games in the back office, plus free food the entire time, good times.
>>
>>17196535
This isn't a debate that whether Mc'D is the best job than any other job. We're saying it beats being a NEET. Any job. Again, you're missing the whole point. You work to provide for yourself and gain more experience to grow as a better employee. You flipping burgers or doing a trade is irrelevant . Don't be embarrassed about working.
>>
>>17196613
>This isn't a debate that whether Mc'D is the best job than any other job

I never said anything about that. I just answered you >>17195372
>>
>>17193461
>TFW no bbw black girl to sit on your face after work
>>
>>17196625
>I never said anything about that.

Then why bring it up? There's no shame in working in an actual job
>>
>>17196687
I never said anything to the effect that you should be ashamed to work a mcjob.
>>
>>17193340
It's entirely possible to hold down a McJob and search for further employment. You just have to give up some evenings to searching for jobs and filling out applications.

I really can't stand unemployed people who prefer to stay unemployed than work a McJob because they think it's beneath them.
>>
>>17193186
neither if you do them with style.
>>
Depending on your age.
If you are adult, well both of them are embarassing. Sure the McJob will earn you some cash, but zero self accomplishment and that is truly sad/uninteresting.
As a teenager, both are fine. Gosh I miss those days when we were living the dream.
>>
>>17195108
read through the links under the "21 day makeover" on the leftmost frame of this page:
http://earlyretirementextreme.com/

the idea being to spend less if you can't make more and to find some way to create an income stream with your available capital. it can be done.
>>
>>17196319
>The job need not define you
Actually it does, that's why police officers are police, doctors are doctors, and NEETs shouldn't be considered human.
>>
>>17195766
I work part time at a Job Hut and all I do is stand in the back and make pizzas and prep dough. Recently landed a job at Publix so now I gotta get a people person act together. [spoiler] help [/spoiler]
>>
i was cutting my tenants grass today and saw a neet walking to McDonalds up the road. looks like a miserable failure permanent virgino. I'd hate to be him. i don't even put effort into anything and I got a $9 hr job in one hour. not fucking hard
>>
>itt op tries to find validation for being a neet
>>
Get a minimal wage job serving people their hamburgers or suck off strangers in the back alleys, your choice
If you need money then you have to work, that's how the world works and there's nothing to be embarrassed about. Just don't stand in place, stagnation is the worst, pick a goal and keep steadily moving forward
>>
>>17193186
Is the last job available McSuckaDick?
Actually, you make more money sucking dick
>>
>>17193315
Standards
>>
>>17193186
Being a NEET. I've worked at McDonald's for 4 years and can honestly say it has been an enlightening experience. If you're like me and from a rich, white school district it can really broaden your horizons and expand your friend group. Also some of the chicks are hot.
>>
File: 1348852375054.jpg (200 KB, 964x642) Image search: [Google]
1348852375054.jpg
200 KB, 964x642
>>17197286
looking into it for things that are relevant

some questions though: Is it possible to actually grow wealth from only $200k thats isn't just paying an advisor to gamble your money on stocks or invest in evil corporations?

Given my nature and that I know nothing about investing, the most sensible plan to think about is a financial plan that invests my money in IT and downtown gentrification/condo development real estate funds. How would I go about making this happen? Its already in a managed account, but according to my mom it is a poor arrangement that gets little return.
>>
>>17193186
Being a NEET for sure. Worked at a McDonald's for three years. Ended up losing my virginity and banging so many co-workers. They would all quit after a few weeks or a few months but I was always there. Also improved physically as I had to tackle niggers who would fill their water cups with soda.
>>
>>17193186
Neither. Both can be fulfilling. If that's an issue of embarrassment on the part of some other person then they can get fucked.
>>
NEET. Society hates you by default.

OP if you're embarrassed but can't get any other job, just apply to a place like FedEx and be a package handler. They hire anyone breathing. Pays more too.
>>
>>17199415
Is this a job I can just to at a distribution center? I don't have license.
>>
>>17193186
>Neet

Get over your self everyone has to do shit work before they can do better work

It's like asking "what's better having money or not have money"
>>
>>17193186
Being a NEET is the worst. Provide value to society or stop being a part of it
>>
Get a job at anywhere besides mcdonalds. working at mcdonalds is a shameful meme.
>>
>>17199415
FedEx was one of my first jobs, I only worked part time as a package handler but it was a lot like working out four hours a day, I got really in shape while working there!
Definitely a good place to start if you've never had a job.
>>
>People are actually seriously debating whether having a job where you make money is better than sitting on the internet all day trolling and fapping, going to bed at 4 am then waking up at 2 pm to restart the entire cycle.
>>
McDonalds was my first job, at 17 years old.

I had been home schooled and was severely awkward socially.

It taught me everything. McDonalds runs like a well oiled machine, and it is very impressive.

I met friends, some of which I still have today, and women some of which I fucked back in the day. It helped me learn job skills I still apply and use today.

I became a manager when I was 18, and quit within the next few months but overall that was a great job, and I learned so much from the nearly two years I spent there.
>>
>>17200261
It used to run like a well-oiled machine. They've really been slipping lately, I don't know why. Unclean restaurants that are getting health code violations, old and semi-rancid oil being used for the food, flagging employee standards. No, #NotAllMcDonalds, but enough of them that it's starting to seem like a pattern.

Not that that has the first thing to do with this thread. Service jobs can be exhausting; doing them well, with a good attitude, is praiseworthy. And there's always the opportunity for advancement.
Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.