[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ex GF
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 1454821403459.jpg (71 KB, 498x240) Image search: [Google]
1454821403459.jpg
71 KB, 498x240
>date girl for 3 years
>talking about marriage stuff and the future
>she's hinting we should settle down
>past comes up
>find out she has a "wild past"
>immediately break up with her without really giving her a chance (mainly because theres nothing I could hear to change my mind)
Now shes literally spamming me all the time.
>I just want a proper conversation to try and work things out
There was only another month on the lease so I went ahead and paid that then moved in with a friend for now.
Do I owe her that conversation. I dont really want to have to because I know how likely I am to cave in front of her. Its been too long for me to pretend I dont care if I talk to her.
>>
>>17192748
no you don't, she made her bed now she will sleep in it.
>>
>>17192752
This is kinda how I feel. But I also feel like after 3 years you should at least have a proper closure.
I dont know. Maybe tv is messing with my head.
>>
>wild past

You mean you found out she had held hands once with a guy in the 2nd grade?
>>
>>17192764
cant be caught holding hands
>>
>>17192764
Worse. She had a bf in the 6th grade and they even kissed.
>>
Breaking up with someone for their past implies you can see into the future. It's your life though and if you want to break up you don't owe her anything. There is no conversation worth having if you're done with her.
>>
>>17192758
tv is messing with your head. She's done. Go find a hobby or something. I bought a car and that totally turned my life around. No longer interested in women with issues
>>
>>17192775
Are you saying that a persons past dictates their future?
>>
>>17192782
Not OP but it most definitely does and the slim chance that it doesn't isn't worth taking the risk
>>
>>17192777
>I bought a car and that totally turned my life around. No longer interested in women with issues?

Hahaha are you me??? I feel the same way man. Too much time and money invested in a vehicle (though its a very nice one) to want to put up with more bullshit. This could be applied to anything really, but once life and it's complexity distracts you you want dramatic relationships with emotional turmoil much less.
>>
>>17193016
>women are too complex
>>
how bad was her past>???
>>
>>17192748
3 years is quite a long time, anon. At least let her know why you dipped if you haven't already.
>>
>>17193990
This. OP, "Wild Past" could mean fucking anything depending on who you're asking. What did she do? Or who did she do, I guess.
>>
>>17192752
This.

>>17192768
>>17192770
Mockery doesn't prove him wrong.

>>17192775
The past is a glimpse into the future though.

>>17194003
Does it matter? He can do whatever the fuck he wants.
>>
>>17192748
>invest 3 years of life into relationship
>immediately break up over past event
Aren't we supposed to push the idea that only women are irrational and driven purely by emotions? As others have suggested, you're going to have to give more details than that if you don't want to look like a child.
>>
>>17192748
You don't owe her a damn thing, and she doesn't owe you anything either. Obviously you didn't love her if you broke up with her over some shit thats already done. Maybe she loves you, maybe not. Maybe you were the one to tame her "wild side" and make her want to settle down. Doesn't much matter now. The simple fact that she wants you back after seeing you act like a child must mean you're something, so just politely tell her no and move on with your life.
>>
>>17194013
Shut the fuck up, he's asking for advice you dense cunt. If we don't know the specifics of the situation, then it's a little hard to do that, hmm?
>>
>>17194076

Take your period somewhere else. He asked if he should give it closure, not if her past is grounds for a break up.
>>
>>17192748

Lol you're such a chump. Not gonna tell you how to live your life, but everyone has a past and things they've done they regret...anyway...I've been roped into these kinds of threads way too many times and all I'm gonna say is think if roles were reversed whether you'd like people to still judge you on things you did in the past.
>>
>>17194086
Role reversal wouldnt change a thing. Guys get broken up with for much dumber things.
>>
>>17194122
>Guys get broken up with for much dumber things.
>stupid people exist, therefore, i don't have to be logical
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.