[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i'm about to do something devilish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: vengeful.jpg (16 KB, 472x360) Image search: [Google]
vengeful.jpg
16 KB, 472x360
i'm a software engineering student,and lately i've been working on a final year project of two other students(boy and girl from another university).
when we first talked,i was supposed to get paid 200$ for the application.but as the time went by,they asked for more and more complicated features,so the price increased a littre and they knew it.
yesterday i gave the final version of the app(more 90% done which is more than enough to validate their intership.and for a final price i asked for was 400$ (300$ for the app and 100$ are extra expenses because i used my car to go and meet the girl in a cafe more than 10 times )
now these two fuckers are trying to give me 150$ which is less than the first price we agreed on.the thing these two kids don't know is that i have all the info about the teacher who is supervising their project(phone,facebook),the date of their exposition etc,so these are my options:

A; i accept the 150$ like a pussy and i stfu.
B: i refuse the 150$ and i tell them to give me the price we agreed on otherwise there will be consequences,if they refuse i make the move
C: i accept and take the 150$ (for the car expenses+ meetings),and i blackmail them for more 350$ because they tried to fool me (the boy has a rich family),if they refuse i make the move.
D (most dumb choice) :i refuse the 150$ and i ask for a big load of cash( like 600$ or 700$),otherwise i make the move.

my move is going and talking to their supervisor (i have all his info) and telling him that these two incompetent dumbfucks are buying an application for their final year project,and they are stealing the money of the guy who did it.
this could make them fail this year,and get severly owned by both the college and company they are working for.

usually I'm not mean,but these two are just pushing it too hard,so what am i supposed to do ?
>>
Smash them. And do it hard. Don't let those fuckers get in the way of your hard earned cash. Is there a written agreement that you can lie back on as proof of the agreement you made with them?
>>
>>17192069
there is nothing written because we are all students,but they are too dumb to understand to code i've written to make the application (JAVA,JEE),so i have more than one proof that i'm the one who did the job.besides in educational system in my country,universities don't tolerate the kind of shit-cheating they did(bringing an application made by someone else) so in all cases they will get fucked too hard
>>
Why did you give them the rest of the app? You could of held it for ransom. I would just let them fall honestly. They knew what was coming for them if they didn't pay you. If you have not threatened them yet or blackmailed them. Don't cause that could lead to legal shit. Just get your money's worth of laughs and be on your way wiser than before.
>>
>>17192099
i gave them the app because they needed to do some tests to see if there are few bugs or problems that i did not see.besides i never thought they would do this shit...they've been good with me all the time.i think everyone changes when it comes to money...

and they don't know what will come to them if they don't pay me,because they are too dumb,so i think i should warn them,maybe this will wake them up...
>>
>>17192053
No warnings, no more negotiations. Take the $150, then go staight to their advisor and report everything. Fuck their shit up and leave no survivors.
>>
yeah op do it, just make sure you have all possible practical evidence
>>
>>17192053
Do they know where you live and are they scary?
Can you prove you wrote the application? (Written proofs etc.)

If yes and no/no, take the 150 bucks and take the loss. -> A. 300 bucks aint worth shitting your pants over.
If no and no -> option C
If no and yes -> option C + bonus.
>>
>>17192053
B. Get your $400 and move on with life. They're scumbags for trying to cheat you after all is said and done, but there's no point in making enemies over something like this. If they refuse again, then they can eat shit. Getting caught with academic dishonesty, especially in the US, is serious business and they'd be very, very stupid to risk it. Even if they have the source code, I'm assuming you have some sort of versioning system in place; it's trivial to prove you wrote it.
>>
File: 46f88e1831ddc.jpg (87 KB, 782x520) Image search: [Google]
46f88e1831ddc.jpg
87 KB, 782x520
>>17192411

they don't know where i live,they know nothing about me and i know a lot of things about them (things they have done,like doing some illegal shit whith the report they already deposited at the university+ i can prove it),

the girl is a just a normal chick,little dumb when it comes to software development and project management and i know the exact location of her house.

the boy is a rich ass,too dumb,knows nothing about what he's studying,probably succeeded classes by cheating, and he's already preparing his visa and papers to go study in other country.if he fails this year (and i can make him fail),he won't go anywhere

i can also prove that i wrote the application,i know every line and function of my code,and they suck balls when it comes to understanding/reverse engineering something written in JAVA/JEE.
i could have even put some malicious code in the app(keylooger,trojan) without them noticing wtf is going on.in too many occasion i could have hacked the computer of the girl and all her emails,social media accounts,but i didn't.

i know every thing about their supervisor,even how many kids he has.

so basically i can fucking destroy both of them,specially the boy because he spent money preparing for his trip to study in another country.

the girl called me an hour ago she wants to re-negotiate tonight,so i'll see where this is going...
>>
>>17192053
Pocket the money and tell the professor you thought you were tutoring them and are not sure how and why they submitted your program.

You got screwed in the end but you may as well take them down with you.

Also, they aren't ready for the real world if they can't even do this one project. You're doing them a favor in disguise. But not really lol.
>>
I'm following this thread with interest.
>>
>>17192053
Just remember. Even if someone has a rich family that doesnt mean that they have access to it. My family wouldnt give me a single dime. Only got tuition paid for. Had to work for everything else.
>>
>>17192792
Same, my family is rich af but I live on practically nothing
>>
>>17192053
You were foolish because:
a) you didn't write up a contract specifying the schedule, expected work hours, expenses and cost for additions/changes,
b) you didn't get a deposit to start work and agreement to finish payment by 30 days after completion and
c) you didn't have a clear agreement on ownership of the product.

Come to think of it, what's to stop you from copyrighting the app and claiming ownership? Transfer ownership upon payment of whole fee.
>>
>>17192053
What is the App product? What kind of course has a couple of dumbfucks hire someone to produce the work for them?
>>
>>17192053

You were dumb for giving them all the code before getting paid. It makes you almost as foolish as they are.

Chances are that the boy will try to vengance. So ask for the €400,- and leave it as it is when they pay. If they don't pay, pressure the girl into paying the extra herself, otherwise you will report it to their supervisor. Women in general are more prone to giving to opting out vs. fighting for the cause.

If you are going to tell their supervisor make sure you do it as clean as possible and dont make a mess for yourself. You don't want to end up in unneccisary trouble.
>>
>>17192053

Stand your ground. They originally agreed to your offer of $400 so let it stay. They've been waiting all this time probably getting excited and the imagination of them having to find another software engineer and wait even LONGER would be a pain.
>>
>>17192053
You gave them the app already. You're done unless you built in a backdoor to shut it down none of your options matter, no one will believe you if you snitch
>>
>>17192915 here

My bad. I didn't see the part of your story where you gave them the app. I'd still say stand your ground and say that the pair of you agreed to the price of 400, not 150. If they disagree, you could either negotiate a price with them and go around the 300 mark or just go to their supervisor if you really care. Not a dick move at all. They're trying to cheat on you.
>>
>>17192053
>>17192081
>>17192585

Let them know, if they don't pay you the rest of the amount, you WILL go to their supervisors.

Hopefully they will cough up the $400 and you can all go home.

If they aren't willing to come to any sort of agreement then ABSOLUTELY tell the supervisor. This is your fucking right. Do not let yourself get fucked. You agreed to get paid a certain amount and you have done the work and you WILL get paid THE ENTIRE FULL AMOUNT.
>>
>>17192792 yes i know,and that's why blackmailing them is really the very last option.

>>17192858 yes i was very foolish for trusting them.the project management procedure we followed obliged me to give them everytime a piece of the application to test it,without them getting into the source code because they don't understand it,they only test the features.

the reason i didn't follow the protocol used by freelancers and every software developer (
specifying the schedule, organizing every task that need to be done,etc) is that it was too hard to handle their dumbness.every time they ask for a new feature that contradict/doesn't match the previous.the only thing i do regret is not telling them to fuck off and drop the whole thing before wasting my time and energy on this.the only reason i did it is because i needed money...

besides the application itself is not big deal and it's not something to fight for to claim ownership or copyright.i developed it in 6 weeks(not working full time),and an experienced engineering could do it in 2 or 3 weeks tops,with him handling their dumbess
if it wasn't for the money i wasted (100$) and them trying the fool me,i could tell them to fuck off,because i already developed things *10 harder,and i can always consider this as an opportunity that allowed me to learn new things.

but the fact that they think they're able to fuck me over,easily,after me being patients with them and keeping it professional,this is what really makes me mad...
>>
>>17192053
E accept the cash but implement a cryptovirus in the application that wrecks their and their prof's computers.
>>
>>17192959
>the reason i didn't follow the protocol used by freelancers and every software developer (specifying the schedule, organizing every task that need to be done,etc) is that it was too hard to handle their dumbness.every time they ask for a new feature that contradict/doesn't match the previous.the only thing i do regret is not telling them to fuck off and drop the whole thing before wasting my time and energy on this.the only reason i did it is because i needed money...

I'm a web dev, I've done some freelance work before. Something you will learn about freelance work is that you HAVE to be ruthless with collecting payment and all that stuff. I mean every business has to be ruthless with collecting payment, but as somebody on your own, you have to be more ruthless than ever. At least, people will try and screw you over more than ever.

>but the fact that they think they're able to fuck me over,easily,after me being patients with them and keeping it professional,this is what really makes me mad...

OP I don't see why this is a decision for you. There is no decision. Tell them they will either give you the money or you will tell their supervisor. I don't see why you are hesitant about this?
>>
>>17192053
Fuck them hard, fuck them where it hurts.
Get all the money they're offering, THEN blackmail them for more, THEN snitch on them anyway.
>>
>>17192350
THIS.
>>
>>17192894
some shitty JEE app that could be done in a week working full time.

>>17192923 i'm far away from being done.the only advantage i have is their dumbness,and the ability to prove that i'm the one who wrote the whole app,because i have the right version of it,and also a specefic way of writing code.

one email i send to their supervisor and they're fucked so hard,i don't even need to show my face,few screenshots are enough to do the thing.
>>
>>17192987
>one email i send to their supervisor and they're fucked so hard,i don't even need to show my face,few screenshots are enough to do the thing.
Can you tell me why you're deliberating OP? You've already answered your own question. You tell these people that they can either pay up or you will tell their supervisor. It is as simple as that. What's the problem?
>>
>>17192991
destroying someone's life and making him waste a year of his life for 200$ is not an easy thing to get over with/live with(at least for a guy like me),this is why i need to think twice before making any move...
>>
>>17193000
Well, he could have paid you the agreed sum.
It's not like you went in all blackmaily and told him it was 200 for the program, and an other 200 for your silence, the extra came from additional features and expenses - AND they still offered less than the 200 agreed in the first place.
That was quite disrespectful on their part.
>>
>>17193000
FOR FUCK'S SAKE
THESE PEOPLE ARE FUCKING YOU IN THE ARSE

It is your fucking RIGHT to this money!! You have agreed to be paid $400 and you have done the fucking work! You WILL get paid this money!! Why the fuck do you feel guilty when the only people who have done something wrong is the people fucking you!!!

Tell them that they will pay you or you will tell the supervisor. If they are only prepared to give you the $150, fine, take that so at least you are receiving SOMETHING for your work. But DO NOT STOP. You are only doing that so you don't receive nothing. Let them know you fully intend to receive the rest of the amount. Only once you are SURE that they are not going to pay you any more (and give them every chance to do so), that's when you need to tell the supervisor. You have got to have some balls in this OP. Nobody looks out for you in life, you have to look out for yourself. This is clearly the first time you are learning that lesson. Make it the last time you learn it too.
>>
>>17193030
They are also wasting his time, I'd tell the supervisor anyway just because of that, after they're done paying as much as they will.
>>
>>17193038
If they pay him the full amount he shouldn't tell the supervisor. Part of business is about keeping your reputation, do you want to be known as the guy who takes the money and fucks you over anyway? No.

OP needs to get all the payment in full, and ONLY after he is sure they no longer intend to pay the rest of the amount, and after he has FULLY WARNED THEM that he will tell their supervisor if they do not pay the full amount - THEN he should tell the supervisor

OP, this is just like a normal company, or a soletrader. If they were not paid in full they would take you to civil claims court. Ideally that's what you would do too, but it doesn't look like you can prove the agreement you made with them, unless you have text messages or emails that confirm the agreement you made with them? Then you could go down that legal route.

Anyway OP PLEASE make sure you get paid this full amount, have some respect for yourself, you have earned it!!!!
>>
File: 1454289033341.jpg (142 KB, 650x560) Image search: [Google]
1454289033341.jpg
142 KB, 650x560
>>17192053
My software engineering brother

I had something like this happen to me once
>someone approaches me to do an end of the semester project
>agree as long as he pays me 300 dollars
>he agrees
>time for submission comes and I hand him his project on a USB and he hands me 200 dollars
>I tell him this a 100 less than we agreed on
>he tells me tough shit
>I planned for something like this
>go the professor and make up a sob story about how I was pressured into doing his end of the year project because he said that he'd hurt my family if I didn't do it
>professor asks for proof
>I show him the text messages of him offering me money to write for him
>I also told him to look in the code for a note that says written by anon with a smiley face
>he says ok he'll look into
>the idiot turns it in without even looking at the code
>professor sees my note
>he gets expelled

The only thing was I had to take some heat (we were in the same class) , because I claimed that he was going to hurt me and I got grilled by the dean for like hours and I had to explain why I didn't just come forward. I told him I was scared for life and I'd rather just take the money than be dead.

I'd say you anon that if they don't pay fuck them and rat.
>>
>>17193064
Or at least, do everything you CAN to get paid the full amount, and only once you have given them full warning and they are no longer paying, THAT'S when you should tell the supervisor. You should stick to your word - as I said, business is about your reputation, and you need to let these people know that they can't get away with not paying you, which, by the way, is completely and utterly illegal.
>>
>>17193067
Dude, that guy could be plotting to kill you or something. If he knows you're the one responsible for his expulsion, he'll want revenge.
>>
>>17193064
If he tells the supervisor, then those guys will tell they paid him and he fucked them over, no matter if they actually pay or not. And, on the same note, his story will be that they never paid anything, no matter what really happened.
>>
>>17193085
I made it up that part.

he was some lanky russian guy who I never really liked to begin with.
>>
>>17193091
oh, and if he doesn't tell, those fuckers will say he blackmailed them, or some other bullshit.
unhappy costumers make for a bad rep.
might as well fuck them over.
>>
>>17193085
Are you shitting me nigga? Firstly who the fuck would do that? Secondly if that ever happens you just call the fucking police
>>
>>17193091
>If he tells the supervisor, then those guys will tell they paid him
Will tell who? So they will be admitting that they paid someone to do their coursework... and what crime has OP committed? Nothing. So they will just be shooting themselves in the foot
>>
>>17193112
There's plenty of crazy people out there. And it's very likely he could be secretly plotting to fuck OP over when he least expects it. I've seen enough true crime to know that anything is possible.

>>17193099
Just hope he never finds out you're the guy responsible for his expulsion.
>>
>>17193124
to the grapevine.
we're talking about reputation, not about the investigation.
>>
>>17193170
OP knows what the truth is. It would help if he had email or text evidence of the agreement, but he still knows how much he was owed and he can sleep good at night if he knows he got his fucking money.
>>
>>17192053
OP can you promise us you'll do the right thing and get as much money as you can from these people (up to your originally agreed amount) and then tell the supervisor if you don't get paid the full amount?
>>
File: tumblr_lkwyraDCS31qfz4qro1_500.jpg (30 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lkwyraDCS31qfz4qro1_500.jpg
30 KB, 500x375
Take their money and fuck them real good, anon.
>>
File: christian_bale_.jpg (36 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
christian_bale_.jpg
36 KB, 400x300
this shit will not have a good ending.
i was on skype with the bitch,and she just triggered the worst of me.tomorrow i'll get my 150$,and one piece of information (A) that is still missing.
if A is true,i will try to get my full money,if they refuse,i'll fuck em up
if A is false,they can keep the fucking money,and i'll fuck them even harder than they can ever imagine.it will just be so quick and brutal
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.