[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I tell my parents I have herpes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 32010732_05bfe8eba7_z.jpg (36 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
32010732_05bfe8eba7_z.jpg
36 KB, 500x375
And also my friends?

I've tested the waters by telling some friends, and they didn't care. I've also told strangers and girls I was dating.

Most people know very little about it. Friends don't care. Girls sometimes care.

I wonder whether I should just wear it on my sleeve. Regardless, I wonder if I should at least tell my parents and closest friends and relatives.

They are great people and would be supportive, but you can't take it back. They will know forever.

I am ashamed of how I got it.

I got it because I behaved like a sex addict in my early 20s, being very careless with sex, and I slept with a girl who had it. I was aware she had it, but I thought I probably had it already. I was drinking a lot and depressed to the point of being borderline suicidal. I was willing to risk it for the "high" of sex. But she also was supposed to tell me when she had an outbreak, and she (an addict herself) knew she had an outbreak but had sex with me without telling me.

I went celibate, partially by choice. Mom and dad know I have changed my ways, but they know I haven't told them the gory details.
>>
>>17190694
if it's just your dick then keep it to yourself and only tell future partners.
>>
fuck herpes are gross.
>>
>>17190694
Tons of people have it. It's almost a nom issue. Don't tell them, it will benefit you in no way.
>>
>>17190694
Tell girls you might be approaching intimacy with. It is nobody else's business.
>>
>>17190694
the fuck. stop oversharing. unless you have a pussing cold sore on your lip no one but people you're having sex with need to know
>>
why the fuck would you tell anyone? now there's probly hella gossip and ur known as the nasty herpes guy
>>
Just get it treated
>>
>>17190694
If you aren't going to fuck them, don't tell them
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.