[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How To Follow-Up On Bad Date?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: steamy.png (456 KB, 454x371) Image search: [Google]
steamy.png
456 KB, 454x371
Hey /adv/, took a girl on a date yesterday and I'd rather not go out with her again. She was pretty nice, but the date was felt awkward and I didn't feel much romantic or sexual attraction.

She seemed to enjoy the date, but I'm not sure if she was just being nice. It's possible she also felt the lack of attraction, but I can't be sure.

My question is this:
> How do I communicate my lack of interest in going on another date?

I know that I could probably just stop texting her but that feels cowardly and I'd rather avoid any bad feelings for either of us.

I'd also like to avoid being mean or rude. Like I said, she seemed nice and there's no reason for me to be an ass.

tl;dr Didn't enjoy a date, how do I communicate my lack of interest without being mean?
>>
Bump?

I passed some time helping out one of the other folks in the catalog.
>>
If she asks to go out again, just be like

"Though I really enjoyed talking with you & we had a lot in common, I felt like there wasn't much of a spark"

Best to be straightforward
>>
>>17190800
Its simple
Hey xx, im sorry but i dont think this works out.
>>
>>17190666
>Didn't enjoy a date, how do I communicate my lack of interest without being mean?

Say, "It was nice meeting you, I didn't feel any romantic connection. I would like to be your friend though."
>>
If she stops texting you, just stop bothering to text back. If she asks again, just be upfront with her. Or try it again, because obviously she liked something about going out with you, just don't pay for her food if you feel it going south again.
>>
>>17190804
This was my first instinct, but it relies on her taking action first, which could just result in the avoidance issue I want to avoid.

>>17190808
>>17190809
You guys make it sound really simple, but I guess I've always had a tendency to over-explain and over-consider. I even had to trim down my opening post since I realized I was going overboard with unnecessary detail and explanation.

I'll try to write something short and simple that still sounds like me, thanks.

[Also, is it okay to communicate my lack of interest over text message? I always make an effort to do actual break-ups in person but this is clearly different than that.]
>>
>>17190824
It's not a break up, it's a first date. You will save her time and yours if you're direct, polite and honest.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.