[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend and I suspect that she's pregnant. Based on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1
File: vlcsnap-2012-05-23-07h42m02s10.jpg (159 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2012-05-23-07h42m02s10.jpg
159 KB, 720x540
My girlfriend and I suspect that she's pregnant. Based on her calendars and charts, we have to wait until Monday for a pee test to be remotely accurate. As this point I'm just accepting my goddamn fate.

Girlfriend:
> My age (Late 20s)
> Good sex, total freak
> Cooks well, total housewife, breakfast in the morning before when I head to work
> Kind of a nerd, we agree on most things
> Great face, meh body ("baby weight")
But
> Has two kids, dad is threatening to start custody shit
> No consistent income
> Personally Anti-abortion

Me:
> Just moved to the state
> Got my dream job
> Got my own apartment
> Great credit, good car, life in order
But
> Apartment I just signed a lease for will never support 2 adults and 3 children
> My pay cannot support 2 adults and 3 children
> Parents will fucking kill me when they find out I knocked up a girl I just started dating
> I can't afford to give a decent wedding/life to this girl, let alone these kids

I'm genuinely afraid I'm going to spend the rest of my life struggling in the goddamn gutter, hovering just above poverty or beneath it.

Can anyone share their "first kid" stories or just generally assure me that these "pregnant and getting hitched" situations are going to be okay?
>>
get used to the idea of paying child support. it'll be a lot cheaper than paying for some used up bitch with 2 kids
>>
What contraception were you using?
>>
>>17190199
We've been using condoms. We were watching her cycle, too. We didn't fuck around on her ovulation days.
>>
>>17190189
If my family would be pissed about me having a kid, they'd disown me for walking away from it.
>>
>>17190185
Abort
Thats it
No kids no problems
>>
>>17190227
What the fuck does that have to do with anything? How old are you ffs?
>>
>>17190185
Knocking up a girl
My worse fucking nightmare

Well pretty much my only one
Hope i never have to deal with kids
>>
>>17190185
I don't know what to tell you, OP. I have on hand six stories about relatives or friends having their first kid and getting hitched, but none of those worked out. Fortunately, you are older than most of them.

I'd say my advice is retroactively never to seriously date a woman that already has kids unless she's a widow, but it won't help you now.

Best of luck, though, familia. Poor decisions don't make you a bad person; just remember you'll need to compromise a lot, as that's what parenthood's about. How big is your apartment? Do you want to shack up?

The wedding doesn't matter. Ceremonies are for suckers and richfags, just go to the county clerk's office/courthouse whatever.

If you were avoiding her ovulation days and using condoms, you should be fine. If not, expensive lesson, I guess.
>>
>>17190185
Is she a good mom to her other kids? Do you get along well with those kids?
Pretend that there's no pregnancy scare. Are you happy cohabiting? Any talk of marriage?
>>
>>17190208
Two words: Paternity test.
>>
>>17190185
Are you high as balls? Are you tripping the fucking light fantastic this very goddamn instant?

Why, WHY in the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ the Redeemer did you fuck a single mother without a condom?!

Frankly, your stupidity deserves this outcome. I hope for your sake that this turns out to be a false alarm, and that the scare puts you off dating single mothers in favor of wholesome bitches without fucktons of baggage. But you have NOBODY to blame but yourself if the rest of your life consists of getting reamed up the ass.
>>
>>17190268
Apartment is 625 square feet. Narrow kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom, with a balcony. Enough for 2 people, maybe 2.5. No room for 2 toddlers on top of that.

I do want to live with her. I'm okay with it. Just not yet, and not in this place.

>>17190272
Yeah, she's a good mom, it's part of my justification for dating her. I've dated so many women in their 20s, good-looking, but they don't know what they want, where they're going, who they are. Plus they either don't want kids, are bad mom material (abusive, psych problems, etc.), or both. She actually seems to have her shit down.
>>
>>17190314
So if she is a good mom, you get along, she has her shit together, what's the problem? At your age you could do a lot worse. So what if she has other kids? If that bothered you so much then you wouldn't be with her in the first place. Aren't you looking for excuses to justify your freaking out?
>>
>>17190272
Also yes, I do get along well with the kids. Really well. I would be happy cohabitating and I could marry her.

I guess the more I post the better I'm feeling about this. I just hate the lack of money, the lack of a real place, and the fact that my 20s will effectively be over the moment on Monday when I see that pregnancy test.
>>
>>17190322
625^2 feet?
Thats like 200 meters squared?
Like what the fuck thata more than twice my place and thst shit is huge
>>
>>17190329
Welcome to life, buddy. It sounds like you're doing fine. If she's a bit of a homebody, that's good. You want a woman who is still thin, no kids but obsessed about her looks? If you got that pregnant she'd blame you for interrupting her career path and ruining her body.
Don't worry about her ex threatening custody. That's par for the course. If he wasn't a jerk then they'd still be together. As long as he doesn't ruin your life and pays her some support that's pretty decent.

In many ways this is ideal. Examine your trepidation to learn about what you want in life and from this relationship long term. If she's not pregnant you'll learn a lot, I guarantee it. If she is, then welcome to your Carlsberg years.
>>
>>17190343
Yeah, the living room is pretty big. I guess it would feel decent if it were another bedroom instead, though.

I've had her and her kids over for the better part of the week and it's a bitch not being able to play videogames or computer games without a fucking 2 y.o. messing with my controller or my computer. And I can't play at night with him around because he'll sleep in the living room. I need my own space or he needs his.

Again, the place is where some of the frustration stems from. We were planning on looking at places for her anyway. I guess we'll just look for one to share...
>>
>>17190343
No you dense fag, 625 1^2 foot units. If someone says they live in a 200 square meter flat you don't think it's a 200 meter-a-side box, do you?

625 square feet works out to a bit under 60 square meters. It's exactly what he says, fit for two but not with kids.
>>
>>17190361
Damn i got my room, my parents have theirs, the living room, kitchen, bathroom, the yard etc i can have 3 people sleeping in my room and the whole place is what 100m squared? 80m
How much space do you need
Put that pc in a room, your room
>>
man up cuck-op

tell her if she is pregnant to stick with you and dump those 2 other little fucks. give em to their dad the hell with em listen to me i went through this.

show you want her and your child, tell her that her kids are NOT yours and that they have a father

things will get rough, but if you have a spine and are a true man she will love you and be loyal to you
>>
>>17190369
Wait isnt 3 feet like 1 meter?
Also no need to insult people

Sorry i cant murican units abd its 3:20 here and i dont care anymore
>>
>>17190400
1 meter is more than 3 feet, 1m2 is nearly 11ft2.

Are you actually retarded, do you not know how area works? This is sociology-major levels of can't into basic math.
>>
>>17190380
Anon, you're on glue. You seriously suggest that OP give her the ultimatum to choose between her other kids and OP? What kind of a choice is that?

OP, don't listen to this moron. If she's pregnant and you want to be with her, then you're in a blended family. It's normal these days.
>>
>>17190409
Dude its late and i use meters not feet
I dont know how much feet there is in 1 meter

If a 30cm is 1 foot then its 0.3*0.3=.09 and times 625 is 56?
I never got feet inches and miles desu
>>
>>17190421
>I never got feet inches and miles desu
Admittedly it's a shit system.

>If a 30cm is 1 foot then its 0.3*0.3=.09 and times 625 is 56?
A little bit too simplified, in fact feet and meters don't match up as well as that (1 meter ≈ 3.281 feet) so it ends up being 58.06 square meters, but yes you basically did it correctly.
>>
>>17190411
It is a valid choice you stupid coward.

OP's girl is: A) obviously incapable of making decisions, B) wants OP for the ride. Or C) loves OP and is genuine.

If this bitch is pregnant -- OP needs to tell her he is willing to be an amazing father to his/her future child, but he will be not be subjected/expected to raise children that are not his own.
>>
>>17190432
As i said its almost 4 in the morning and im writing out of my ass

And yeah we dont use the American system so i get it fucked up
>>
SHE STARTED HER PERIOD

YES.

YEEEEES.

At least now I'm sure about this relationship. I just need to sublet this bachelor pad (down the road) and she needs to find a real job with consistent income.
>>
>>17190466
you are such an idiot
>>
>>17190466
Dude
Use protection
Talk to her about kids and shit
Also you are not responsible for her kids as is

Also congrats on not having disgusting slimy crying shit bags and ruining your life
>>
>>17190434
You need help. Holy shit.

OP, don't listen to this tool. This isn't about showing her who is boss, this is about whether you want to make a family with her (if she is indeed pregnant).
>>
>>17190479
hey liberal cuck nothing wrong with settling down and having kids. just as long as they are yours
>>
>>17190491
What?
How is not wanting kids and/or not wanting to raise other people's kids?
How is that being a cuck? Do you people even know what a cuck is?

Id like to settle down with a girl burlt without the kids part
>>
>>17190488
seriously you made me so angry -- just the whole white knight debauchery makes me ill. mixed families do not work. keep thinking that way so people like will always have thirsty simps to raise my kids and pay for their things
>>
>>17190494
i meant like it is perfectly ok for a man and woman to get married and have kids. it is not ok for a self-respecting man to raise another man's children. that is all.
>>
>>17190466

> dream job
> no fucking money

Pick one.

But seriously, being a dad is pretty awesome, but you don't need to be with the mom to be a good dad. Fight for weekends and pay child support if you don't want to be with her.

You can be a man today and have it all. You can fuck bitches, live your own life, and be a dad on the weekend. Infants suck so hard but things get so much better later. Best thing that ever happened to me.
>>
>>17190503
Thats what i ment

He isnt responsible for her kids
Im too tired so if i fucked up sorry
>>
>>17190503
>no "real man" would raise another man's children
Whatever, fuckstain. My grandpa married my grandma and raised my mom and her siblings after her bio dad passed away, and he was more of a man then you could ever hope to be.
>>
>>17191270
And he gets what, grandkids that aren't even his as a reward?

I agree with the other anon, at least from a biological perspective. Taking care of another man's children is garbage-tier, especially if you don't have your own. Doesn't make you a bad person by any means, but it does make you, in nature's purest sense of the term, a failure.
>>
>dating a woman with kids
You're more or less a cuck m8
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.