[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, my ex girlfriend's mother just died. I am not in any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
So, my ex girlfriend's mother just died.

I am not in any form of contact with her for over a year, and am in a quite serious relationship with someone else now.

I just happened to see it on Facebook. I am not Facebook friends with her anymore but I saw something posted by someone else.

We had been deep enough into a relationship that I had met her mother, and got along well with the mother.

Am I a shitty person if I don't contact my ex and say, like, "sorry about your mom"?

pic unrelated, is just the first google image result for "ex girlfriend"
>>
>>17190053
Depends how she's grieving. Some people don't like to air that shit out on social media. But if she posted about her moms death herself, she probably wouldn't mind a thoughtful message. If you don't feel like doing it though, don't force anything.
>>
>>17190053
Just leave it. What would be the point? To let her know you're thinking of her?
>>
>>17190053
Offer to reunite her with her mother.
>>
>>17190053
>I am not in any form of contact with her
Then no. You don't need to message her. If you were facebook friends with her, I'd say sure. You also said you saw a friend post about it, not your ex. Doesn't seem like you need to be involved.
>>
"Sorry for your loss. I know we aren't close anymore, but if you need somebody to talk to or anything let me know. My girlfriend will understand."
>>
>>17190144
If you want to that is. If it's too awkward then it's okay. I'm sure she has plenty of friends and family to grieve with. But if you do want to contact her I would say that.
>>
>>17190053
>Am I a shitty person if I don't contact my ex and say, like, "sorry about your mom"?
Yes.
>>
>>17190053
For the love all that's holy, don't contact her. You don't normally have contact. She has friends and family who can comfort her. If you care then leave her alone rather then introduce drama in her time of mourning.

If she contacts you that's a different story. But for now, you're only considering this because you feel like a shitty person. Don't be selfish. Leave the poor girl alone.

Besides, you're in a serious relationship now. You can't keep monitoring all of your exes' lives to be the "good guy". That's your own insecurity.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.