[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girl I like doesn't want a relationship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
College student here. Before summer break, I told the girl I really liked my feelings after I had a few drinks. She reciprocated, and told me she felt the same. A couple of days later, she sent me a text saying that relationships are not a part of who she is, and although she likes me, she just likes to hang out with everyone, and doesn't think she'll ever bother with relationships, despite many people telling her that she'll grow out of it. I also found out that she doesn't drink, nor like alcohol at all for that matter. We're both on good terms now, but we haven't seen each other since that night as it took place just before we all broke up and went home for summer. Is there anything I can do in my current situation? Summer is 3 months long, and I can't stop thinking about her. I'm thinking after summer, I ask her out on a friendly date. What do you guys think? My buddy told me i'll be over her by the time I go back to college after summer, but I don't know. I really like this girl. Any ideas on how I should go about things?
>>
>>17189198

100% back off, respect her wishes and let her come to you. There is nothing you could do that would be worse than continuously trying to bait her into dating you. Continue being her friend when you see her again but play it coy and let her chase you.

If she has said she doesn't want a relationship you need to understand there are reasons for it and the absolute worst thing you can do is to try push it anyway.
>>
>>17189230

Lol don't listen to this betacuck

Tell her either you want a relationship or you'll leave her. Tell her to quit playing mind games and be straight up especially since she told you that she felt the same. Tell her you're not going to play with her shit. Don't fall for the "Just let her come to you bro xD" meme.
>>
>>17189469

>Either want a relationship or you'll leave her

They arent together so what is there to leave?

>Quit playing mind games and not going to play with her shit

Lol she simply said she's not interested in a relationship whether that is in general or with OP specifically

This anon sure knows how to ruin any chances with a girl
>>
>>17189230
This
>>17189469
Fuck this
>>
>>17189230
This

>>17189469
What is this bullshit
>>
File: 2016-01-28 23.00.43.jpg (2 MB, 2000x3555) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-28 23.00.43.jpg
2 MB, 2000x3555
You could try to smash, but I'd honestly say just to move. Good luck bro
>>
>>17190866
Move on*
>>
It's pretty unanimous
this /b/tard here >>17189469 is fucking wrong
>>
>>17189469
You're bad at giving advice. You think you know way more about people and relationships than you do. This is way too fucking confrontational and aggressive -- in a "wow, what an actual creep" way, not a "wow, finally a man who can take charge!" way.

OP, by my money she probably will in fact grow out of it, but there's no telling how long it'll take. Would you be satisfied by a casual dating/FWB arrangement with her, or would it be too painful not to be in an exclusive relationship with her? Because from your post, I'm not sure why your response wasn't something along the lines of "Oh, OK. Well, I'm not going to try to force you into a relationship. You wanna date anyway?"
>>
File: 144073593870348.jpg (74 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
144073593870348.jpg
74 KB, 700x700
>>17189198
>not into relationships
>hang out with everyone
You need to get away from this bullshit.
>>
Don't get too attached to the thought of any romantic prospects with her. I'm kinda siding with >>17190916 there although I dunno if she's the type to have casual sex or the type who's not interested in romantic stuff whatsoever (right now I'm into girl who's a virgin at age of 22 and she also told me she's simply not interested in being in a relationship). I'd bet on the second one from the fact she doesn't like alcohol.
Either way there is something "wrong" with her if she doesn't want any relationships at all, there can be billion different reasons for that but it doesn't matter. The fact is she doesn't want you, so it's time to let it go and just be friends with her if you actually like her personality, hanging out with her etc.
Meet more girls and all, it is possible you'll be over her in 3 months. It'll be better for your mental well-being, really. It's tiring to be in this kind of situation, saying this as a guy who gets that for the second time (the last time my stubborness almost destroyed my friendship with the girl, although I destroyed it later anyways by never talking to her).
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.