[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im 22 and my little brother is 18. Hes about to graduate from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1458081480561.jpg (192 KB, 1280x885) Image search: [Google]
1458081480561.jpg
192 KB, 1280x885
Im 22 and my little brother is 18. Hes about to graduate from highschool. Both of us have had relatively great childhoods, with extremely loving and supportive parents. He has attempted suicide twice in the past 6 months. He did this over a girl. Both times with pills. He told kids at school about it both times before he tried, but not us. The second time he had to spend a week and a half in a teen mental facility. It has been two months since then. As far as we know he no longer speaks to the girl he attempted suicide over. Today my mom got a call from a school counselor that he has texted people telling them that he cuts himself, when my mom asked him about it he was furious and said that he does it to "relieve stress". He was an A and B student, but his last year of school he has gotten D's C's and F's. He is extremely intelligent and has an IQ of 138. He will still graduate and is planning on attending a college 4 hours away. As far as we know he does not do alcohol or drugs and we like all of his friends. He currently has counselors that he has been meeting with weekly and will continue to do so. He is currently on anti-depressants. I try to talk to him at least everyday, and my parents do every day. What do we do. We are at a complete loss. He has a part time job, and his hobbies pretty much revolve around video games. We don't keep him cooped up at home, hes free to hangout and take the car our during the day, because we know if he REALLY wants to kill himself there is nothing we can do. My family is breaking over this. We love him so much.
>>
There is nothing we can do except for being there for him and telling him we love him, and getting help when he asks for it/we feel like its necessary. Its just so hard. It hurts so much
>>
I'm sorry, Anon. For what it's worth, I think that everything will be okay.

I'm wishing your family the best during this difficult time. I'm well familiar how much suicide and attempted suicide can affect a family.
>>
>>17187557
What I did when my roomie was suicidal
>STOP BEING A FAGGOT
>Bro gtfo the couch, were going to a party and meet some girls
But really just do shit with him outside the house. You cant change doing the same things youve always been doing. You need new hobbies to distract from the old bad habits to really change. Go pick up rock climbing with him every day or something. You know. Something he'll look forward too every day doing. OUTSIDE of the house.
>>
>>17187562
I hope college will do this. Hes going to the same school as me so I can take him places to hangout.
>>
>>17187597
Why not do it now?
>>
>>17187617
I live and work 4 hours away, same city as my school. I try to come home once a month and we hang out when I do
>>
You seem like a kind sister, OP. I wish the best of luck to him and your family.
>>
>>17187627
too bad. nothing you can do about it though for now.
>>
>>17187628
>>17187561
thank you :(

>>17187628
brother
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 960x678) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 960x678
>>17187648
What the fuck. You know what you have to do? You become a girl and take female hormones and be the loving, sweet older sister he never got. Once you're cute and innocent looking, give him a nice sisterly hug and kiss him on the cheek.
>>
Sounds like he's just a big attention seeker. Tell him to join drama club.
Also 'extremely intelligent' 'IQ of 138' top kek
>>
>>17187562
>>17187562
Listen to this anon.
Also, you need to consider the kinds of people that your brother is around. Your family/ his friends may not be enough. Have you tried getting him to go to social events? I've seen people change when they understand other people's problems.

Religion has changed some depressed people too.
>>
>>17187669
okay. i will make it happen. thanks.

>>17187663
138 is the 99.4 percentile
>>
>>17187680
Please just give him a sisterly hug. He needs female contact. Maybe get touchy-feely with him, dress up in women's clothes, and offer him a quick blowie to relieve the stress he's been going through.
>>
I do not understand older people
>>
>>17187681
>>17187658
What the actual fuck hahahahaha
>>
Do not take him to a church or anything of the sort. Those people have a way to brainwash you, without your knowledge. Do not make him a slave. Please. He most likely has an underlying issue that leads him to this behavior, perhaps you could figure it out? Do his friends play games with him? This is a key role to anyone's happiness.

Also, I would like to refer you to 7cups. A website, for people that just need someone to listen. Might help the both of you.
>>
>>17187557
>"my brother is trying to kill himself, i better seek help from an anonymous papau new guinean oyster grooming board."

You're a stupid cunt, your little shit of a faggot brother is an attention whore.
>>
>>17187701
Thanks dude

>>17187689
Yeah he's friends play with him. Thanks ill check it out.
>>
>>17187680
Then your population is dumb as fuck
>>
>>17188062
Your brother is mentally ill and needs professional help. No one here is qualified to help you with that.
>>
>>17188066
My brother is not retarded thanks though
>>
>>17188062
>being this stupid to not understand how gauss curves work and averages
Im going to let you in on a secret. Regardless of the populations intellect level, 100 is still average.
>>
>>17188079
mental ilness != retardation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_disorder
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.