[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Instagram ruining my relationship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 11
File: 1442602231678.jpg (39 KB, 600x603) Image search: [Google]
1442602231678.jpg
39 KB, 600x603
Long-time girlfriend recently got on instagram. We're in our mid 20s, and currently long-distance (about 1 hour). She got featured on some popular modeling page, and blew up in followers. Now she's swamped with hundreds of likes and comments on all her photos, and she's posting nonstop.

I told her this made me uncomfortable - I don't like even the idea of her getting so much male attention constantly. She doesn't state she's taken anywhere and refuses to put a picture of us together on her page. I think constant attention can change a person negatively over time. She herself has been concerned about me "getting hit on" because I looked nice one day going out for lunch, so I feel like she should understand where I'm coming from... She finished by saying "well i'm having tons of fun on here". She showed me her DM inbox - it's flooded with hundreds and hundreds of messages from guys.

I told her I don't want any local guys on there, and don't want her giving out her snapchat or phone number, to which she fully agreed. The only guys she follows back are body-building models. One of them commented about having a photoshoot with her in the future. I look on his profile, and he's from close-by. She had liked all his shit. I confront her:

>Who is that and why is he saying that?
>Idk, he asked me out, I said I was taken, he blocked me
>Did you give him snapchat, phone number or personal info?
>No!! I didn't give him my number! I don't wanna talk about this anymore

So I fucking messaged the dude, and he sent me a screenshot in which she instantly gave her snapchat when asked. Dude actually sent me the whole convo unprompted, and she did in fact refuse to meet up or give him her number but had been very flirty.

When I showed it to her and asked why she gave him it, she became extremely angry instantly, and said "OMG I can't believe you messaged him!!! Don't text me or talk to me today". And ignored my question.

WTF? Wat do?
>>
your girlfriend wants more than any one person can give her and doesn't value honesty. She thinks appearing single by brushing your public presence as her boyfriend under the rug is "tons of fun".

I vote dump. When she comes running back to you just tell her it should be tons more fun for her now that she doesn't have a boyfriend to hide anything from.

I vote dump.
>>
>>17186557

I'm most disappointed that we set the ground rules (no snapchat) and she broke it without even a second thought. She wholehartedly agreed to them when I brought them up. Also that the guy was close-by.

It's just irritating. I don't think I'm being "insecure" (she doesn't know what that means) here, as the guy was close and very real. She has dozens of "omg so beautiful" and "follow me back gorgeous" (to which she does if they're a body builder) etc. Fucking infuriating.
>>
Fuck one or two more times and dump asap srs
>>
>>17186535
yeah It's just gonna get worse from here. You're lucky it was a bodybuilding guy they're usually nice guys and don't like fucking other guys girls

but soon enough your gf is gonna be harassed by "photographers" and sugar daddies who will fuck her and give her cash. those guys are sick fucks.

girls love attention Anon
>>
>>17186535
>refuses to put a picture of us together on her page

red flag she is looking to replace you for a better guy. that is like saying I am available. also that much attention will ruin in her because it drives the value of male attention down and will probably make her a narcissistic cunt who thinks she is gods given gift. now that she gets compliment so much on social media your compliments will mean very little to her.
>>
I'm not a professional, but...

>When I showed it to her and asked why she gave him it, she became extremely angry instantly, and said "OMG I can't believe you messaged him!!! Don't text me or talk to me today". And ignored my question.

This is some CLASSIC emotional manipulation.

She has been confronted with a problem for which she is responsible, and she is deflecting that responsibility by changing the situation into something YOU'VE done wrong and being angry at you. She is giving you the silent treatment in hopes that you will drop it, or even apologize so that she can continue doing what she wants.
>>
>>17186535
Break up with her, or at least tell her one more time to stop and if she doesn't hear you out then leave her.
The modern age of social media and that instant gratification it brings is ruining relationships. I was in a similar situation a few years ago and my partner expressed his dislike for it and i deactivated all my social media pages - I have never been happier.
Honestly, if she can't respect your relationship enough to listen to your concerns then she isn't worth the time.
>>
I really don't know what to do.

I especially hate that she locks up like this whenever confronted. Projection and deflection are her go to reactions and it's blatantly obvious no matter how much I drill it into her head.
>>
>>17186535
Sorry to say this doggy, but you are screwed. She's too hot for you to dump, so you're just gonna have to wait till she leaves you. Sorry.
>>
>>17186923
Talk to her once more, if she doesn't listen then leave.
>>
LDRs don't work. Move on peacefully.

Dude was a bro to sent OP the convo. Find righteous bros, and GET FIT YOURSELF.
>>
>>17186943
No pussy is too hot to dump.

You score points when YOU dump THEM.
>>
File: 1456526812292.gif (497 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
1456526812292.gif
497 KB, 500x278
>>17186535

You're being ridiculous.

If she aspires to be a model, its her job to be desirable. If she posts a picture of her boyfriend suddenly she isn't so desirable to all her followers. She loses followers, she loses money.

If you weren't so insecure and overbearing you might see this as a flattering thing. She's desired all over the internet but she wants to be with you and only comes home to you. She chose you, you idiot. Why is that not good enough?

She gets irritated with you because your constant poking and prodding and asking and demanding is a fucking headache and says to her that you don't trust her.

Whether or not she can be trusted is a whole different argument, and I don't know her so I can't say, but whether or not she is telling the truth or fucking around behind your back has nothing to do with the fact that you shouldn't be behaving like this with someone that you're supposed to love and trust.

Maybe she does like attention. So what? Who doesn't? Maybe she didn't tell you she gave him her snapchat because she knew you would overreact and send out messages and act like a child, just like you did. Jealousy is stifling, anon. Sometimes otherwise normal girls do things they wouldn't when they're subjected to a constantly jealous and insecure boyfriend.

Its ridiculously juvenile to be upset that your girlfriend gets attention. Thats the same kind of dated bullshit that has women in Iran walking around in 100 degree whether with their faces and bodies covered up so no other man gets to see them. Its ridiculous.

Give me your GFs snapchat and number, I'll happily have sex with the girl who makes money by trolling millions of horny fuck-heads on Instagram. Then at the end of the day I'll happily be the only dick she rides while her followers fap at home wishing they were me.

BRING ON THE KEK INSULTS. I don't give a shit. I have no problem fucking beautiful internet girls that every one else wants. If that makes me a cuck then I'm all in.
>>
>>17186998
Kind of side with this guy. All IG models act like this, if you can't handle it just break up, don't try to get her to change, she will just resent you for it. She CAN get lost in that lifestyle though and it's incredibly shallow and unhealthy. There was this IG model that snapped and is trying to subvert the whole stereotype, look up Essena Oneil. As long as she knows it's all bullshit and isn't deluded into the bullshit, it's all just harmless self promotion. All dudes do is say thirsty ass shit which is unnattractive anyway. You're probably coming off as more unattractive tho by getting al insecure about it.
>>
>>17186535 (OP)
>OMG I can't believe you messaged him!!! Don't text me or talk to me today".

Classic narcissist detected. Get the fuck out now bro.

They weaponize the silent treatment and punish you with it when they don't get their way and turn everything around to make it seem like you're the bad guy or some kind of psycho for trying to confront them about their bullshit.

These are the worst type of people. The absolute worst. Get out now before you get destroyed.
>>
File: Image-.jpg (25 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
Image-.jpg
25 KB, 443x332
>>17186998
>>
>>17186998
It's not the fact that she's doing it, it's the fact she's acting shady about it that bothers me. I'm all for it, but she gaslighted him and that shit is damaging.

PS this is coming from a girl
>>
>>17187075
> IG model
Is this a thing? God I hate this stupid fucking narcissistic generation.
>>
>>17186535
Mid 20s is way too old to be acting this way, IG models are like 16-21 at the oldest. Your gf needs to grow up. It's unhealthy to need that much attention at her age.
>>
>>17187094
>girls
>growing up
only happens when they turn ugly

throw acid in her face op, alpha as FUARK
>>
It's too late bro, your girls is a instawhore now. Just dump her and find a woman that has self worth. Nothing of value will be lost.
>>
>>17186535
become her pimp and find a way to make money off her

start helping her and putting yourself in a position where she still needs you
>>
>>17186535
cheat on her secretly so you have fodder to throw around when she cheats on you
>>
>>17187108
Isn't that what happens to girls mid 20s?
>>
>>17187130
only loserfag betas tell themselves that, attractive girls don't become irredeemably ugly until their late 30's/early 40's. meanwhile, they're having their cake and eating it too, with sprinkles.
>>
>>17186535
immediately dump her as soon as possible and find another girl, there are plenty more and your gf seems like shes just gonna be a narcissistic cunt for now on because of the attention shes getting.
>>
File: 1456734559192.jpg (229 KB, 627x720) Image search: [Google]
1456734559192.jpg
229 KB, 627x720
>>17187086

Thats why I said this

>Whether or not she can be trusted is a whole different argument, and I don't know her so I can't say, but whether or not she is telling the truth or fucking around behind your back has nothing to do with the fact that you shouldn't be behaving like this with someone that you're supposed to love and trust.

He shouldn't be acting like this, regardless of her actions. If she really is terrible and shady he should break up with her but that has little to do with the fact that he is quite obviously insecure and overbearing.

His rampant jealousy and uncomfortableness with the mere IDEA that she gets male attention, even in a semi-professional context like modeling for an online agency is not just a reaction to her behavior but most likely a characteristic he's had long before this particular girl.

I mean, imagine if he was dating a celebrity, someone who was being hit on, contacted and propositioned CONSTANTLY by people everyday. Don't you think in these kinds of cases a healthy relationship is one in which both parties trust each other enough to police their own lives and behaviors?

I'm more getting at the point that if you're with a girl who is shady you should dump her but dump her because she's shady, not because you're so insecure and jealous that snooping their her phone, seeing who she is talking to and constantly confronting her about where she's going and who she's talking to is the only way you can feel secure in a relationship.
>>
She's going to a professional school on the fall, not a pro model by any means. This is not a career or source of income. Just attention
>>
Also, she said one thing and knowingly blatantly lied about it - disrespectful no matter how she tries to slice it
>>
>>17186535
Personally have been in a similar type situation before, sit down and have a serious discussion about it with her, discuss how you value honesty and loyalty, if she can't respect how you feel and won't make an effort to compromise then leave her ass, you deserve to have someone that cares about you and not only about herself.
>>
>>17187290
Oh shut the fuck up, people like are are the reason why others think it's OK to stop all over people, what is he a robot? He's not supposed to feel hurt at the fact that someone he cares about its being dishonest and not caring about his feeling at all? Gtfo of here with that shit.
>>
>>17186535
youre a real faggot
Her lying is bad but its not bad enough yet to break up over. But your jealousy is already 100% toxic. You ended up the villain here and its hilarious because youre so bad youre worse than a lying whore.
>>
>>17187519

How am I being unjustifiably jealous? And how does that excuse her actions? I set reasonable ground rules, she knowingly broke them.
>>
>>17187518
Its hard to care about a crazy jealous bf. Theyre not going to last because theres no way shes can love him like this and shes definitely not going to understand this.
Its like lying to a yandere. Yeah you messed up. But that doesnt change the fact that they need to be locked up.
>>
>>17187534
>How am I being unjustifiably jealous
because youve gone off the deep end. She doesnt need her actions justified. She just needs you to be worse than her for her not to feel guilty.
Your ground rules are nothing more than the demands of a jealous faggot trying to be controlling.
Heres the real question. Why did you contact that guy. Why did you not leave it to her to handle.
Obvious answer, because youre a controlling faggot.
>>
>>17187548

She lied - fact.

Secondly, I was suspicious based on what she told me. Why was the dude making plans with her? Why was he close by when we established (with her full agreement) that they wouldn't be local? Why did he block her?

Plus it was the third guy that "somehow got her insta maybe off an old comment of hers or something" that made it too hard to believe it be just chance.

I don't do the same to her in return and I don't think it's unreasonable to ask, especially based on the standards she's set for me in the past.

FWIW, she has apologized to me by now.
>>
File: 1461712428153.jpg (263 KB, 1169x1371) Image search: [Google]
1461712428153.jpg
263 KB, 1169x1371
The white knights who are defending this girl are enabling pure degeneracy.
>>
>>17186980
I agree, but OP clearly doesn't have the stones to give this girl the axe, probly because she's smokin hot.
>>
>>17187590
>I lied to my controlling bf
You realize theres no problem here.
Just because she said yes doesnt mean she accepts or agrees with it. If you werent so jealous and controlling youd understand that.
Your relationship will end very soon because shes not going to love you. Because you hinder her out of jealous from doing what she wants.
>>
dump her ass, it will only get worse and worse. pretty much same thing happened to me except tumblr and twitter were more involved. basically she went from casually using social media to all her pages blowing up and she was on them literally 5+ hours a day. anyway she linked all of these to her facebook and she started getting advances from local guys, models, business men, all guys who make me look subpar. anyway I got jealous because i kept trying to limit the contact she had with these guys and we ended up having a messy break up where she made me look terrible and posted all kinds of drama about me on her social media.

anyway to make a long story short she ended up slutting around for a few months, looked like she was having a great time and being succesful and I was taking all really bad until she got super drunk and showed up at my place. she told me some guy date raped her and she ended up getting pumped and dumped by a bunch of models/photographers/whatever the fuck and now she says she realizes she only loves me and i was right and she "forgives" me for being defensive(WOW) and now she wants to stay with me. all messy drunk and fat from partying too much i fucked her one last time and told her to leave
hope it goes alright for you too
>>
>>17187608

You could extend that ridiculous logic to any length and justify anything, dumbass.

What she's doing isn't respectful of another human being that she's in a relationship with. Constantly entertaining advances from other men while obscuring the fact that she's taken is not respectful. Giving out personal contact info to local men is not respectful.

Obscuring this as "she's just doing what she wants" is completely missing the point. I'm not controlling shit - telling her what my wishes are and watching her walk all over them. My wishes being don't flirt with local men who don't know you're taken. And do you not think constant attention telling you you're flawless can alter your perception over time? It's a night and day difference for her.
>>
>>17186724
This guy worded it best. She clearly has no respect for you if she lied to you then responded to your confrontation like that. Drop her.
>>
>>17186535
Lol, you sound like a cuck.

Let her be or dump her. Just because you're dating doesn't mean you get to tell her what to do.

But, if she tells you not to flirt with other girls, you certainly do not have to listen.

Relationships are based on a mutual trust, bro. And it sounds like you don't trust her.
>>
>>17187691
>You could extend that ridiculous logic to any length and justify anything, dumbass.
Im glad to see you like pulling shit out of your ass.
>I'm not controlling shit - telling her what my wishes are and watching her walk all over them.
You mean making demands she doesnt apply to listen to then bitching when she doesnt.
>talking to people over the internet is flirting
Crazy jealous soon to be ex bf at its finest there.
>>
File: 1461883797414s.jpg (7 KB, 208x249) Image search: [Google]
1461883797414s.jpg
7 KB, 208x249
i vote
>DUMP
>>
>>17187699

Not OP, but you can't be serious. You're sitting here trying to say that it's okay for her to act single, entertain sexual attention from men, and give out alternate forms of contact. But wait, it's not even possible, much less probable, that she's flirting with men given the context. Nope, just "talking on the internet."

OP, have some dignity and drop this badic, toxic bitch
>>
>>17186535
I get a sick turning feeling in my stomach when I read that dude, It seems like she is having fun making you uncomfortable... Her getting angry at you today and refusing to talk to you is a big red flag to me, She obviously has a different shoulder to cry on... I would personally watch some videos on how to make women squirt (done and done), after you get her to squirt a few times with your hand you can easily achieve female ejaculation during intercourse. After this she will be sexually dependant on you, This is when you don't have to worry anymore and you can actually break it off with her and know she will always come back to get her rocks off... And we want this because she is fucking hot, but also a massive slut that is going to hurt you. Sorry for calling your girl a slut bro :(.
>>
>>17186970
>LDRs don't work. Move on peacefully.
>Dude was a bro to sent OP the convo. Find righteous bros, and GET FIT YOURSELF.

This.
>>
>>17187722
>talking to men is acting single and flirting
You fucking faggots. Might as well lock her in the basement so your jealous is appeased. Nothing crazy about that.
>>
>>17187789

If you seriously allow yourself to be in a relationship where a broad pretends like you don't exist for any reason ever, not only are you a little bitch but also a cuck. Have some fucking dignity.
>>
>>17187824
your jealous rage is clearly making you crazy.
Talking to someone of the opposite sex is not pretending like your bf doesnt exist. Its called not being a controlling piece of shit.
>>
>>17186636
Pretty much this, use the status that comes from dating a retarded self centered wanna be model to hop into a different hopefully more healthy relationship.
>>
>>17186692
I can second this, my last relationship went up in flames shortly after my ex made her profile very self centered. Shortly before everything went to hell she had made her profile photo and banners a image some other guy she had been talking with made.

After like a week I told her we should do something fun or artsy and make it her banner to see what she would do. She had a fucking cow over it and said I was being weird, even though we had done stuff like that before.

Should have just jumped ship right then, do what I didn't OP.
>>
>>17187290
I trusted a girl with managing her own life once, she dumped me for a meth head she had been Skyping and had never met.

We were together for 3 years almost exactly when it all went to shit. Never again.
>>
>>17187837

I'm not OP. And what the chick did is literally a lie by omission. Then she literally flat out lied to her dude. And you're completely disregarding the context. You're understating the whole thing. She didn't meet this dude at a store and exchange pleasantries over something mutually engaging you nu male faggot. The whole thing had sexual overtones from the start.
>>
File: 1375492463254.jpg (48 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1375492463254.jpg
48 KB, 500x376
>>17187866

You picked a shitty girl. Having your heart broken by a shitty girl, while a very tempting excuse to be an overbearing asshole, is not the answer.

Sorry you went through that but you will NEVER be in a functional relationship if your answer to being hurt is to never trust anyone again. That seems like a terrible life to live.

>>17187518

You obviously can't read because I never said any of the things you're accusing me of saying.

Also, FEELING a certain way about something is not justification for it being right. I feel hurt and jealous all the time but it takes a mature adult to look inwards and accept when their feelings are causing them to behave irrationally.

>>17187534

You're crazy jealous. Yeah, she lied but her only other alternative was telling you the truth and then having to deal with you freaking out and overreacting.

You can't take this moral high ground and vilify her for lying to you when your insecure and jealous behavior pretty much FORCES her to lie so she doesn't have to deal with your childish outbursts and confrontations.

Thats a really shitty position to put someone in, where they have to choose between taking the whole brunt of your jealous rages or having to lie and be deceptive just to get a few moments away from your toxic insecurity.
>>
I can understand some things where she's coming from. If she puts up photos of you and herself together up on her Instagram she'd most likely lose followers, she has to be seen as available so she gets as many followers as possible.
However, I don't know how she can think that she'd become a model seeing that there are thousands of pretty girls on IG with equally as many followers or more.

But both of you set ground rules, she specifically said to you that she'd feel uncomfortable if a girl shows interest in you. And now there you are, having to see hundreds of guys messaging her in hopes to put their dicks inside of her or to at least get nudes. She lied about giving a male model her snapchat. She lied right in your face, man, without a qualm of regret or guilt. And when her lie blew up in her face, she immediately turned it against you. How dare you, OP, contact this guy. N
>>
>>17187895

Well shitfuck, posted before I was done.

Here's the thing: she wouldn't have any problems if she cheated on you. She can easily pick a new guy to fuck her out of a list of models and none of them even know you exist so they would just go with it and fuck her.
Man, you're in a tricky situation. Sure, you can be all like "Eh whatever, she can do whatever she wants I trust her" but she already betrayed your trust. She gave out her snapchat to another guy even though she agreed on not doing that. And she lied about it to you, too.
Fuck, man. It could be that she's just so giddy at the moment about all the attention she's getting, who wouldn't be? But this can so quickly turn into her letting herself get fucked by some random guys she thinks are hot or have money.
Does she have integrity? Principles she would never betray? Honor and backbone? If yes, don't worry. If no, well, shit.
>>
>>17187888

Wait wait. You're seriously saying it's okay for her to actively, intentionally, purposefully neglect to front load/disclaim that she has a boyfriend in a situation that clearly warrants it? She is basically saying she's available by omitting that she has a boyfriend. This is totally okay behavior and he's just a toxic, jealous rage freak?

Bitch, get the fuck back in your cage goddamn. I cannot believe they let you things vote
>>
File: 1439901712385.jpg (107 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
1439901712385.jpg
107 KB, 500x334
>>17186535
>When I showed it to her and asked why she gave him it, she became extremely angry instantly, and said "OMG I can't believe you messaged him!!! Don't text me or talk to me today". And ignored my question.
Everytime
>>
fuck
dump
>>
>>17187871
>I lied to my manipulative crazy jealous bf
I dont see the problem
>>
>>17186535
>We're in our mid 20s

You both sound 14
>>
>>17186535

Insecurity and jealousy are not good traits for men to have. I could argue that by being a pseudo-sherlock holmes you just ruined your own relationship and drove your girl into another man's arms. You're not the good guy here, nor are you the bad one, you're just the horribly insecure one.

Don't worry, after she cheats on you, dumps you and makes you feel bad for it, you'll become a better man for it, cause right now you sound like a little punk.
>>
She lied to you and then she got angry because you called her out on it. There can't be a bigger red flag. Break up with her.
>>
>>17186535
Social media has the same affect on women, that porn has on men.
She cares more about Instagram than she cares about you and your feelings. Just do both of you a favor and dump her.
>>
Yeah break up with a girl who got featured on a modeling page, that'll show her. I'm sure she'll never find love again in her life! Oh wait....

But on a serious note, telling your girl not to give out her phone number / snapchat to anyone that isn't you, is a borderline slavery/arranged marriage tier relationship.

>All this advice to dump her

Yeah you should dump her, but not cause of anything wrong that she did, but for the sake of your own mental health, right before you start setting up cameras in her house and hiring private investigators to follow her around. I got cheated on y'know, deep down I knew she was snooping around, but what hurt me the most of it all was the time I wasted trying to catch her in a lie.

You messaging some body-builder and requesting for screenshots is damn hilarious and 5 years from now you will cringe that you had such a conversation.
>>
File: 1435044306554.jpg (24 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1435044306554.jpg
24 KB, 251x242
>>17188067
Yes, if you suspect that your girlfriend cheats on you you should do nothing. That's the mature way to handle this situation.
>>
>>17188085

Messaging all the guys who hit her up or like her photos on instagram might as well be doing nothing.

If you don't trust your woman then yeah you should just end things cause then you're both just wasting your time and giving each other unnecessary heart ache.
>>
>>17188093
>If you don't trust your woman then yeah you should just end things cause then you're both just wasting your time and giving each other unnecessary heart ache
I guess that's true
>>
>>17186535

Dump her and she will eventually get fat and ugly while you can fuck more girls.
>>
>>17188046
Literally this.

Anything beyond this is just trying to justify bad behavior.

>why was op snooping
Doesnt matter, its a good thing he was because his girlfriend lied twice. The first time when she said "i agree" and the second time when she tried to cover up the first lie.

>op is being insecure
Maybe, but that isnt the issue. Op expressed his wishes clearly to the gf.
Of she had a problem with that jealousy or insecurity, she should have declined and voiced her concern over his clingy bullshit. Not start Lying.

Trust is something you earn, not something you inherit. Especially in regards to a relationship.

If op is still here:
Take her apology with a grain of salt. Staying in the relationship is a risk, but explain to her that your trust is damaged and you have every reason to suspect her now.
>>
>>17188132
>and she will eventually get fat and ugly

Why even bother being consumed with such a petty thought?
>>
>>17188134
>Op expressed his wishes

His wishes were unreasonable.

>I told her I don't want any local guys on there

What's the difference between a "local" guy and someone who lives 5 hours away? You think she can't cheat with a guy who lives on another continent?

They are both at fault here, the OP for being insecure, jealous and overcontrolling, and the girl for being dishonest and sketchy
>>
>>17188160
>unreasonable
To you.

She had no problem agreeing to those reasons, so you dont have any point here.
Saying "yes" and lieing about it was the first mistake in this debacle. She came to a compromise and broke it knowingly.
>>
>>17188085
>talking to a member of the opposite sex is cheating
kek. hilarious how jealousy is gonna lose you this super hot gf
>>
>>17187996
You're a gimp, and a cuck. She clearly is being a bitch about the whole thing. Sure he's being a small bit insecure but he wouldnt BE insecure if she wasn't such a cunt about it and reasured him that she's not being unfaithful.
>>
>>17188160
you think a local guy isn't 100x more likely to fuck her next weekend?

you have got to be trolling
>>
>>17188167

>To you

To everyone that's not mentally a teenager anymore. Telling your girlfriend she can't give out her phone number / media of communication to other guys and is only allowed to talk to you and only you is beyond unreasonable. You can't even attempt to call her your girlfriend when you have her on such a short leash.

>She had no problem agreeing to those reasons

Yeah cause she doesn't know any better and is also mentally 14. A girl with a good head on her shoulders and good self esteem would have ditched this guy a long time ago. Maybe her low self esteem is why she needs so much validation on instagram and thus our current predicament.
>>
>>17188170

I'm a gimp and a cuck cause of what reasons exactly? Does anyone even use the word cuck correctly anymore?

> he's being a small bit insecure but he wouldnt BE insecure if she wasn't such a cunt about it and reasured him that she's not being unfaithful.

That's a big load of manure. He is insecure with or without his girlfriend. He was insecure way before she blew up and became "insta-famous" and there's nothing more unattractive than an insecure man.

>>17188171

>100x more likely

Are you saying that it's impossible for someone to make a 5 hour road trip or catch a 6 hour flight? In this day and age, are you really that stupid that you think people's relationships are limited to their geographical location when there's a literal mobile app that lets you match up with people from any part of the world? I guess I really am trolling since you clearly are still living in 1920 grandpa.
>>
>>17188176
How childish each individual is, doesnt matter. Not to say i dont agree they both are fucked in the head, just that it's irrelevant.

The entire world could think they are mentally defective, worthless idoiots wasting valuable air, and it validates nothing.

Also, how insecure or mentally challanged she is has no bearing on who is right and wrong in this situation either, and how much emotional appeal you want to inject into it doesnt change that.

Having a hard time admiting you fucked up doesnt change that you fucked up. Thats a personal problem for her to deal with, and doesnt make OP the bad guy for exposing a lie, and confronting her about it.
>>
>>17188168
Are you retarded? Can you not understand english? I said that he suspected that she's cheating on him, not that she actually did it.
>>
>>17188190

Their immaturity is wholly relevant because it is what solves their problem here. Either they break up, or they both decide to grow up.

>who is right and wrong

They're both wrong. That's the point.

>Doesn't make OP the bad guy for exposing a lie

Makes him a complete idiot for thinking an attractive girl won't give out her contact info just cause he asked her not to.
>>
>>17188176
So you're telling me that you'd have no problem with your girlfriend giving her phone number to men who are hitting on her, considering they don't even know she's in a relationship?

wow
>>
>>17188201

If I'm with someone then I don't care what they do/don't do with their phone number. I won't tell them not to talk to other men cause I'm you know...not insecure. But also that doesn't mean I'm a complete idiot, I just know where boundaries are.
>>
>>17188205
Dude you're missing something here. Those guys want only to get in her pants and she knows it. Or you think they're hitting on a model to talk to her about movies? What the hell do you think it means if she gives them her phone number? You think she's just interested in making new friends who just happen to be male and be hitting on her?

Not being insecure doesn't mean having blind faith in your partner.
>>
>>17188198
>>17188198
So the grown up thing to do, when someone is being unreasonable, is to agree to their crazy bullshit, then lie about it later when you are caught having lied?
And OP was an idiot for trusting when his girlfriend said "i wont talk to anyone because you asked". It would be one thing if he asked her that and she said nothing or walked off. But she gave her word to his crazy bullshit.

You're not wrong that they are both at fault, but the first person to bail out on being an adult was the girlfriend. She had every opportunity to tell OP to fuck off or be reasonable but she didnt.
The issue starts, and ends there.
>>
Hey I'm on Opie's side.

She doesn't love him
>>
>>17188208

Yeah well I'd hope if you're in a relationship with someone you'd trust them enough to know they won't bang anything that has a pulse. If you don't even have that rudimentary level of trust then you're wasting your time and should probably find someone who you *actually* trust.

>>17188212

>She gave her word

No she was coerced into agreeing to an already unreasonable demand. I don't know what point you are trying to get across cause I already said, either they decide to fix their problems like grown ups, OP decides to stop being insecure and the gf decides to stop lying, or they just part ways. There's no third option.
>>
>>17187644
WOW dude thats horrific
>>
>>17186557
>When she comes running back

Won't happen. Inflated ego + tonnes of people tryin' to hit on her. She'll just get a new guy.

OP. Dump her, but don't expect, or want her back.

She might love you.
But she's disrespecting you and treating you like you aren't even her boyfriend. In fact, she's hiding it, almost as if she's ashamed.
Letting her get away with doing that would set an example "Do whatever you want, you can get away with anything. I'll forgive you because I'm a dumbass".

Bitch is acting like a big-ass corporation - everyone is expendable. Y'know what happens when you work with big-ass corperations... that's right, you fuckin' hate it and you're treated like a number, not a person. Only instead of employee # 269, you're boyfriend # 32.

When bitches go like this they turn full sociopath, treat everyone like shit, get away with it and don't even care.

She'll even use double-speak and rationalisation to justify it, like a friggin corporation.

Basically, you'll now never be happy with her. Dump her for your own sanity.
>>
>>17188218
You trust your partner not to bang anyone with a pulse until they give you a reason to think otherwise. If you blindly trust your partner when they give you reason to doubt them you're an idiot.
>>
>>17188218
Im just trying to explain to you, that your assumption her decision to agree to him was not her own, is both baseless and irrelevant, and you should instead just stick to the facts.
Your arguement is just as poweful without trying to tug a heartstring for "muh dumb helpless wiminz"
>>
What the fuck is the deal with the influx of /r9k/

This board has always been bad but this is a new level of sperg.

OP, I would dump you for being a kike. That's SO not okay to message that guy, and to hound your gf about this like you have. Check your emotions. She refused to meet up with him or give her number so what the fuck are you complaining about. I would have been incredibly angry with you as well; I have dumped someone for doing a similar thing in the past.

Ironically, the more controlling you are, the more likely she is to leave you.
>>
>>17188255
So tell me, fellow mature anon, why would you talk to someone who just wants to hit on you when you already have a boyfriend? Why would you not mention in your social media thing that you have a boyfriend when you get hit on by a bunch of guys? Why would you AGREE to some terms, whatever they might be then break them without a second thought and lie about them?

OP acted like a control freak, but he sure as hell had reason for it.
>>
Her "birth" into the world of enhanced validation was the beginning of the end for your relationship.

You have to appreciate how powerful an ego trip it is to become famous on social media: I used to plan my entire day around maxing out my photos to get a desirable number of likes, and even morphed some of my pictures to fit the Marquardt mask. The amount of interest I seemed to get far outweighed anything in my personal life, including sex / athletics / partying.

Welcome to hypergamy.
>>
>>17188232

This.

There are things that are reasonably perceived by many people as not respectful to do when you're in a relationship, period. And we're talking about the actions themselves here, to be clear, not any possible downstream ramifications. Giving out your number or snap to guys that are obviously hitting on you and don't know you're taken is disrespectful (even if they know it doesn't make it much better if they're hitting on you). Would people be cool with their GF sleeping in the same bed as someone she knows wants her and has made it clear? "hey, I trust her, I'm mature, I know she won't do anything and if I didn't trust her I would just dump her".

Trust or not, these things put you in a bad position and do not set a precedent for a respectful relationship. What's even worse is if both parties agree that the actions are disrespectful, then break them. This was the second dude who had gotten her personal contact info on Instagram. The first was a dude who had commented about snapping her - she freaked out and deleted the comment but I had happened to see it first. She made up a lie about him getting it from a comment of hers on an old picture and reassured me that was why. I know now that it was a lie too.
>>
File: and then there is this faggot.jpg (48 KB, 716x545) Image search: [Google]
and then there is this faggot.jpg
48 KB, 716x545
Women defending a woman acting like a whore on the internet.
How quaint.
>>
Dump your girlfirend, she is a cheater. Completely ignore her, move out of the house, go your own separate way and DO NOT make contact with her ever again. Cut your losses, you ejoyed the poontang while you had it, now go find another girl.
>>
>>17188687

Again, to emphasize, it's about knowingly and continually putting yourself in bad positions. Why make it as difficult as possible on yourself to stay completely faithful? Why knowingly challenge yourself to the limit, while putting your partner through stress - also knowingly?

Lying about it was never a reasonable alternative to expressing her concerns in the first place. Again, she had no problem agreeing with wholehartedly that it was disrespectful.

She spends time on instagram - way too much time. She's on it when she's "getting ready for work", while she's at work, past when we say goodnight and she's sleeping, in the middle of the night, first thing in the morning etc.

Her most recent comment, for example, is "OMG, you're gorgeous, please follow me (rose emoticons)" from a shirtless, ripped body builder who lives halfway across the world. (She followed him back of course). It's this type of interaction, constantly.

Something needs to change - her putting she's taken for one - or else I'm out of here. This is not worth the stress. I'm going to talk to her soon, but she's currently very remorseful over text, which also gives me a clue that she really knows she was doing something wrong. How she handles criticism and conflict needs serious work as well.

And to be clear, there was never any guise of this being done a serious modeling endeavor, it was always just for shits and giggles, she is starting school in the fall. She has nothing monetary to gain by having a lot of followers.
>>
>>17188227

I don't blindly trust anyone other than my family but I'm also not damn paranoid about everyone else
>>
>>17188232

I am sticking to the facts when I say that boyfriends who tell their girlfriends not to talk to other men are over-controlling insecure douchebags. It doesn't matter if she looks like a super model living in the West or is a woman living in Saudi Arabia.

>muh dumb helpless wiminz

So it's against your moral code to speak up for women even if they're in the right? Okay good to know /r9k/ tell me something I didn't already know.
>>
>>17188873
And you think suspecting your partner because she doesn't say she has a boyfriend when she's constantly hit on and she keeps talking with random people who hit on her is being paranoid?
>>
>>17186535
Been there dude. And trust me you are losing the fight by being jealous.
>>
>>17188892
You are loosing the fight anyway. She obviously wants something else, something more, or she wouldn't entertain random people who hit on her. The only thing you can do is break up and move on.
>>
>>17188772
>her putting she's taken for one - or else I'm out of here

You do realize that means nothing and that people will still keep hitting on her and jerking it to her pictures right?
>>
>>17188881

You are being dishonest by framing it this way.

It's not about what she looks like. It's not that she can't talk to anyone. I stated it makes me uncomfortable for her to give out personal contact information to men who are hitting on her. That's not "locking her up" or restricting her from talking to anyone - it's about being respectful of the fact that you're in a relationship and not continually putting yourself in bad positions. She openly doesn't want me doing the same thing either. The fact that she is purposefully obscuring that she has a BF is also worrying me.
>>
>>17188897
I second this.

If you are feeling spiteful, sleep with her best friend. Certainly made me feel better (she was just "friends" with her work mate)
>>
>>17188908

You are correct - it does. But it still a much more honest and respectful way of putting yourself out there for constant attention from the opposite sex.
>>
>>17188909

I am not being dishonest. I was literally OP at one point in my life and I'm gonna echo what this guy said: >>17188892 in that the people telling him to quit being so insecure and jealous have already been there themselves and they realize that by doing so they're the ones who are quite literally destroying their own relationship.

> it makes me uncomfortable for her to give out personal contact information to men who are hitting on her.

Well it shouldn't.

>That's not "locking her up" or restricting her from talking to anyone

That is quite literally what you are doing. Any guy she talks to now or in the future in your head you'll think it's cause they met via her instagram, even if it's just Bob from math class.

> She openly doesn't want me doing the same thing either.

You couldn't even if you wanted to
>>
>>17186535
I hope you are still reading OP. There's a lot of terrible advice in here. Just because she's getting more attention doesn't mean she's not into you anymore. A lot of dudes make this mistake.
The best way to play this, is to make it seem like you don't care about the attention she's getting. You kinda already fucked up by messaging that dude. A jealous boyfriend dries up pussy extremely fast and makes her think she is too good for you especially when she's got all these other men trying to get with her.
She may love all the attention she's getting from these guys but to her they are just thirsty online losers.
Please for the love of god stop all the jealousy. YOU WILL LOSE HER. apologize for acting like a pussy, tell her you support her as long as she's not crossing the line, and trust her. Hopefully you didn't lose her already.
>>
>>17186998

Not OP but it looks to me like there is more to it then just his insecurities, his girlfriend sounds like she is getting swept up in the pool of male attention she is suddenly receiving which should be a pretty big warning sign, but to be fair he wouldnt have known any of this if he didn't resort to snooping, but then again she refused to disclose her relationship status and is conversing with bodybuilding models on the regular so it's understandable for OP to be a little uncomfortable with the sudden changes in his relationship.

To be honest I think you are in a very shitty situation, she could love you the world and intend on staying with you the rest of her life but going on photo shoots and conversing with model tier guys on the regular is bound to make her cross the line at some point, we are only human, she would be a saint to not at the very least flirt with the guys she would inevitably find attractive, im sure there would be a lot of them that she would pass over and ignore but eventually one will catch her attention. It all depends on how much you trust her and it seems like not a lot based on your early reactions to all of this, and also what you can handle her doing, if flirting is okay then it could very well stay there.
>>
>>17188937

>Well it shouldn't.

Is this not a bad position to put yourself in over and over again? Especially knowing the stress it causes to your partner? What does doing this indicate about what respect she has for her SO?

And how far do you take this? Is there any scenario that she could engage in that would make you feel uncomfortable as her SO? Sleeping in another dude's bed? You have to acknowledge that there is some line that when crossed is just a disrespectful action in and of itself, even if she's not explicitly fucking the dude. We arrived at ours, she asks the same of me regularly, and she fully agreed.

>>That is quite literally what you are doing. Any guy she talks to now or in the future in your head you'll think it's cause they met via her instagram, even if it's just Bob from math class.

Not wanting her to disrespect our relationship/put herself in bad positions that she herself wouldn't want me in =/= "locking her up" in any way. And to the Bob scenario, no.

>You couldn't even if you wanted to

I very easily could, but don't. It's just not cool since I have a girlfriend. Not cool to the people hitting on me as I lead them on, and not respectful of my commitment to another person.
>>
>>17188916

You still don't get it. Her putting "Taken on 23/12/2014 <3" on her profile will not change a damn thing, it might placate you for a while but you'll quickly go back to being suspicious and paranoid. You're putting bandaids on a stab wound here, no matter how many bandaids you put, you will still continue to bleed and with enough time the relationship will die. Either you fix your trust issues and stop your over-reliance on this woman, cause I know for a fact she's not a fan of a guy who goes around snooping for the kind of private convos she's had and if she does have any friends who are girls and she tells them about how you've been acting, they'll tell her to dump you in a heartbeat the very same way there are /r9k/ers here telling you to dump her. I'd tell you to dump her too if you think you're 100% right and think that you can restrict someone from talking to who they want to talk to, no matter who they are. At least I know that when I give you advice I don't have some hidden agenda to stick it to "SJWs and wimmin" or "abusive men", I am giving you a logical well thought out solution. Either you both fix your issues or you get out instead of waiting around on her to cheat on you which will probably happen if you keep going at this rate.
>>
>>17188947
>Please for the love of god stop all the jealousy. YOU WILL LOSE HER. apologize for acting like a pussy, tell her you support her as long as she's not crossing the line, and trust her. Hopefully you didn't lose her already.

She already explicitly crossed the line, lied about it, continues to put herself in a position where it can be easily (and unknowingly to her BF) crossed, and attempted to project and blow it in the the OP's face when confronted about it.

Trust was going just fine until the comments started mentioning snapping her or meeting up with her. Those were a legit reason to weaken the trust.
>>
>>17188968

So was her lying justified? And is cheating ever justified?

What actions can a woman do that cross the line of being disrespectful of her relationship? Only when the dick actually touches her mouth? Acting like she has done nothing wrong and it all hinges on my jealousy is complete bullshit.

These aren't "trust issues" out of nowhere - she knowingly lied twice now, handled confrontation like a child, and is now putting herself in a position to do it again.

I didn't ask for the convos from the dude. Asked if she gave him snap or personal info, he spit out the screenshots instantly. She was flirty as fuck, said "Oh, we'll see :)" when asked to meet up in the future, and gave the snap out immediately.
>>
>>17188963
>Is there any scenario that she could engage in that would make you feel uncomfortable as her SO?

Yes and there are signs to look out for this, and one of them is being emotionally distant. If I'm with a girl and everything's going great, and all of a sudden she doesn't talk to me as much or want to hang out then I'll know something's up, most likely cause she's losing/has lost interest by finding someone else or cause she just lost interest, it happens. Her having guy friends isn't a red flag to me, a red flag would be me being upset that she has guy friends.

>I very easily could

No you couldn't and even if you could, it wouldn't be to the extent of having fan girls. For that, you need to be somewhat famous and have high social status no matter how good looking you think are. We are beyond the point of "disrespecting" relationships, right now you're just taking a big fart dump on it. Whatever, it's your own damn relationship. My opinion is you both have a lot of growing up to do.
>>
>>17188947
>apologize for acting like a pussy, tell her you support her as long as she's not crossing the line, and trust her.

That's a sure way to make her lose any interest in the OP in an instant.
Never fucking apologize to women, or back down. Women have zero respect for men who do that.
>>
>>17188997

>Yes and there are signs to look out for this, and one of them is being emotionally distant. If I'm with a girl and everything's going great, and all of a sudden she doesn't talk to me as much or want to hang out then I'll know something's up, most likely cause she's losing/has lost interest by finding someone else or cause she just lost interest, it happens. Her having guy friends isn't a red flag to me, a red flag would be me being upset that she has guy friends.

That sign would definitely worry me as well, and has held true for me in past relationships.

Again this has nothing to do with guy friends - approaching her because of her appearance, and openly asking her out and for her personal info is to no reasonable person a pretense for a "friendship". I don't care that she has guy friends. The above scenario I described is a more legitimate cause for concern.

>No you couldn't and even if you could, it wouldn't be to the extent of having fan girls. For that, you need to be somewhat famous and have high social status no matter how good looking you think are. We are beyond the point of "disrespecting" relationships, right now you're just taking a big fart dump on it. Whatever, it's your own damn relationship. My opinion is you both have a lot of growing up to do.

No shit dude, no guy can garner that sort of attention unless he's David Beckham level or some shit. Asking her to respect reasonable boundaries is not taking a fat dump on anything, but her constantly entertaining and leading on male suitors is absolutely taking a big fat dump on things.

I didn't ask for the convos from the dude. Asked if she gave him snap or personal info, he spit out the screenshots instantly. She was flirty as fuck, said "Oh, we'll see :)" when asked to meet up in the future, and gave the snap out immediately. Is that respectful? Do you think they'll be just "friends" when they meet up for "drinks and dancing" like the guy asked?
>>
>>17188992

>So was her lying justified? And is cheating ever justified?

No, but people still do these things anyway. People know lying is wrong but they do it anyway. Everyone has told a lie in their life for some reason or another even if that lie didn't have any massive consequences.

She didn't agree to your unreasonable terms of "Don't give your info to any guy ever" cause she wanted to but because you coerced her to and she most likely said yes to shut you up. Yeah she's in the wrong for lying but you made it hard to be honest in the first place. A girl in that age range will not just talk to one guy for the rest of her life, even if she wanted to, if she could she'd have decided to become a nun.

> Only when the dick actually touches her mouth?

Now you're being even more petty and childish than you were being before. If you think your gf can go out and cheat on you on a whim, then she isn't your gf and hasn't been for a long while now.

>I didn't ask for convos from the dude

You did reach out to him and start cross examining him about his gf. The guy was probably laughing to himself cause now he knows he has a chance. He could literally be meeting with her right now while you're here sobbing about your relationship being disrespected, and that's happening cause a girl would rather be with a douchebag meathead who takes shirtless pics of himself online, than an overcontroling insecure and jealous guy.
>>
>>17188218

You're probably the 1% of the population that claims they would have absolutely no qualms about the whole situation, it's one thing to trust your partner but the shit OP's girlfriend has said and done seem like red flags to me.

OP was wrong to pre-emptively set rules and boundaries when she seemingly hadn't done, this showed a lot of insecurity, but what followed was basically a big fuck you to him and his feelings.
>>
>>17189026

>No, but people still do these things anyway.

People lie. Yeah, I know that. Doesn't excuse it.

>She didn't agree to your unreasonable terms of "Don't give your info to any guy ever" cause she wanted to but because you coerced her to and she most likely said yes to shut you up.

I see where you're coming from, but it's still wrong. She did agree - there was no resistance, I wasn't hounding her. She frequently in the past has asked the same of me. Where is the coercion here? Do you know our conversations and relationship better than I do? What you're saying simply isn't the case, and the things I just pointed out above are pretty reasonable things that can tell as much.

>Now you're being even more petty and childish than you were being before. If you think your gf can go out and cheat on you on a whim, then she isn't your gf and hasn't been for a long while now.

No, I'm just carrying your absurd logic to it's limit. You still haven't acknowledged that there can be in fact actions that are not respectful to your SO, and that those can be either commonly agreed upon by most people or vary from relationship to relationship. Ours were agreed upon mutually (as I described above). Trust doesn't mean literally doing whatever she wants and me accepting it because "I trust her".

>>You did reach out to him and start cross examining him about his gf. The guy was probably laughing to himself cause now he knows he has a chance. He could literally be meeting with her right now while you're here sobbing about your relationship being disrespected, and that's happening cause a girl would rather be with a douchebag meathead who takes shirtless pics of himself online, than an overcontroling insecure and jealous guy.

I literally asked him a 6 word question - did she give you her snapchat - that's it. No cross-examing. I realize that it comes off weirdly, but I had plenty of reason to be suspicious here. PS - he turned out to be a fake profile phising for nudes.
>>
>>17189043

I don't think I'd be dating a girl like that, but if I was, and I did discover she was planning to go hang out with some meathead, I'd sit her down and explain to her that we are in a relationship and there were boundaries. After I told her this, I'd tell her she can still go do whatever she wanted and that I'm not her master, just as long as she knew that if she was planning on cheating and/or losing interest then we needn't not be in a relationship anymore and we can just peace out from one another. Simple. That way I can go do my own things and not have to refresh her social media wondering about what she's doing. The worst relationships I've had were the ones where I cared way too much, and what usually puts people in a slump after a relationship is over is cause they realize they wasted too much time caring about someone who wasn't worth it.
>>
>>17189062

I agree completely, I believe if you love your partner a great deal that it's very normal to feel some unease about a situation like OP is currently in because it's not what he is used to and a very sudden change, but he handled it the worst possible way.

OP if you are reading this do not let this drag on any longer, you will grow to resent her and ruin the relationship if you continue to stress over her current lifestyle, it's almost like a defense mechanism you're going to self-sabotage before your partner has the chance to cheat. You need to let it go and let her do what she wants completely, let her know that if she wants to flirt and snoop around with other guys to simply end your relationship first out of respect, and that you trust her and will completely back out from her social media life.
>>
>>17186535
Dump her OP. No question about it.
>>>17188053
She cares more about Instagram than she cares about you and your feelings. Just do both of you a favor and dump her.
>>
I've read this whole thread and everything I wanna say has been said, but I'm just chiming in with my 2 cents for OP.

Yes, your gf was wrong to lie to you. Some of her actions are outright disrespectful, but imo it was also wrong of you to give her "rules" like 'no local guys, no snapchat' etc. It makes you seem very insecure and controlling, neither of which are traits that a girl wants in a boyfriend. Basically, by acting that way, you pushed her even further away from you.

She is also wrong though, because her continuing to do those things while knowing you are uncomfortable with it shows she's not considering your feelings.

Basically, she shouldve dumped you if she wanted to continue flirting with other guys despite knowing you hate it. But she didnt - so now that you know she's never going to stop no matter what you say, the only option is for you to dump her. Don't be a dumbass and come up with more rules for her to follow. You can't make people do things they don't want to do. You have to let her live her life how she wants to. If that lifestyle isn't OK with you, then your only option is to split up. If yoh continue doing what you're doing, the breakup is going to be way messier and more hurtful than just ending things now. Nip it in the bud or you're going to regret it when she actually cheats on you. Jealousy and controlling rules are just going to push her closer to that, even if you feel it's justified.
>>
Fuck that bitch. Dump her
>>
>>17189211

So pretty much what you're saying is, the woman can do whatever she wants, it's all good because any attempt at expressing otherwise is "controlling" and you're not even free to voice concerns or talk about things with your partner and attempt to compromise.
>>
>>17189242

I'm not that guy but you're missing the point entirely, he is saying you were both wrong in what you did, and that if either of you aren't happy with the current state of affairs you should end the relationship, otherwise don't continue trying to enforce more "rules" because at the end of the day the girl will do what she wants to do and thats where trust falls into place, in a healthy relationship you should never need to tell your partner that being faithful is expected of them.
>>
Eh, I still think even the act of subjecting herself to constant, thirsty male attention is in and of itself disrespectful given that she's not wanted you to flirt with or even be hit on other girls in the past.

And being told she's gorgeous, sexy, etc by hundreds of guys daily will absolutely mold her into a haughty, narcissistic bitch over time.
>>
Not to detract from OP's problem but this seems like the thread to post it.
I've been having a similar problem with my boyfriend. He's way out of my league and hot girls on IG are always following him and commenting on his pictures. He's never posted a pic of us, but neither have I.
What really gets me is that I've noticed him commenting on some of these hot girls' pictures with heart eyes and stupid shit like that. I hate that something so gay is ruining my trust in him. I feel like if i bring it up he'll see me as being immature and paranoid.
Wut do
>>
>>17186535
u should not be in relationship if u want to be controlling get a dog
>>
>>17186535
this is one of the rare cases where I would recommend just splitting. it's clear that she doesn't want you and isn't even decent enough to be honest.
>>
>>17189269

Lol that's just blatant disrespect to you, grow a pair of ovaries and ask him why he comments on other girls pictures with heart eyes emotes and that you don't like it, if his reaction is anything other than remorse and understanding then he is a total toolbag that is likely going to cheat on you if not already doing it.
>>
>>17189292
I second this. It boggles my mind how people feel that it's OK to do this kind of shit when they're in a relationship.
>>
>>17189269

There's a difference to being immature/paranoid and not letting your partner walk all over you. What your boyfriend is doing is pretty disrespectful to your relationship so unless you are in an open relationship of sorts or if he's some kind of flamboyant dude that leaves comments like that one everyone's photos then you need to either tell him he's being disrespectful by commenting that way on other girls photos or just flat out leave him and move on.
>>
>>17189298

The thing is people know it's not okay, they simply do it anyway either out of narcissistic tendencies knowing they likely won't be caught or out of lack of satisfaction in their own life/relationship. Why do you think divorce rates are so high? People cheat all the time.
>>
>>17189292
>>17189298
>>17189307
Thanks guys, glad to know I'm not alone. I can't pinpoint exactly the reason it pisses me off but, like, it's fucked up. It's like he's letting them know he's interested and ready to mingle and i just snap
>>
>>17189319

What do you mean you can't pinpoint it? Any self-respecting human would have an issue with behaviour your boyfriend is displaying, sounds like he's looking for his next girl and is bored of whatever you guys had.

If this is the case then expect him to try flip the tables on you if you bring it up with him, because a break up is likely what he wants anyway.
>>
>>17189331
>self-respecting human
>on 4chan

I meant in terms of bringing it up with him, in case of what you said about flipping that tables on me. It happened repeatedly early on in our relationship and has since almost totally stopped, but I suspect it's just cause he finally has a job. Life is weird. Fuck.
>>
Sounds like she's ready to trade up. She will blow up at everything you do from now on so she can break up and make you look like the bad guy.

She'd be extremely dense not to break up with you now after this incident, citing "he's obsessive and creepy and invades muh privacy!"

DROP IT RIGHT NOW before she ruins your reputation
>>
This is what women do. As soon as she smelled she could do better you became worthless to her.

Just start planning your exit route. Enjoy the relationship while it lasts, maybe try anal or something before it ends.
>>
I think you are mate-guarding too much, and that's beta. So you should cheat on her and let her find out, then see if she gets jelous and stops pulling this shit. Or you can flirt with girls if you want to keep things more stable. You can also dump her, but never tell her why.
>>
File: aiki.png (78 KB, 246x280) Image search: [Google]
aiki.png
78 KB, 246x280
>>17189395
>>
>>17189256

So what seems to follow from this line of thinking is that literally any behavior, regardless of whether it itself is respectful of the SO or relationship, is justified, because trying to restrain otherwise would "controlling" or "insecure"
>>
>>17189840
No there are behaviors which simply arent appropriate. Then theres trying to control the other person.
In a relationship its assumed that you wont do anything to violate the monogamous relationship. But OPs controlling bullshit is just going to make her want to cheat on him. Its ironic how it works. People naturally rebel when the feel oppressed. OPs gonna end up a cuck if he keeps trying this shit.
>>
>>17186535
>social media drama

You guys don't deserve anything else. Enjoy!
>>
You're going to get cheated on eventually. You're stupid for even asking this question. End the relationship or everything that happens to you is your fault.
>>
I can't believe all these bitches in here thinking the OP is "controlling" and "stepping on her freedom". Are you fucking serious?

Have you forgotten what the purpose of the long term relationship is? Have you forgotten that this guy is potentially trying to spend the rest of his life with this girl and he's trying to protect his investment(years of his life spent with this girl)? If this girl had an ounce of respect for her boyfriend she would listen to him and quit fishing for attention from other single men.

Okay I understand that's not what she did. She even scoffed at the OP's concern and flipped it on him, painting him and the victim as if she did nothing wrong. To me it's clear this bitch has no respect for the OP's wishes. She does not value the OP or their relationship more than her potential social media fame.

Dump her trifling ass. Shame on anyone who is defending her actions.
>>
>>17190326

This
Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.