[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about love? I just want to know what other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
What do you think about love? I just want to know what other people can say about it. Is the real love possible?
>>
What is love ?
>>
>>17184614
Baby don't hurt me.
>>
>>17184588
I think that love is a very strong, real, possibility in someone's life. It's when you finally find someone that compliments everything that you are as a person. When you feel so comfortable around someone that you can take a shit in front of them and it doesn't matter to either party involved. Someone that will kiss you while you're making that shit and smile. Someone who you feel makes your heart grow and become something indescribable. You just want to share your entire life and all that you will experience with this one person. You want to curl up beside them and somehow morph into them. That's what I think about love.
>>
I think that love is hard to define, but I think that love is completely defined by itself. It´s accept and want the best for others just for what they are and all that it entails.
>>
Something I've never experienced.
>>
Pain
>>
>>17184645
Maybe you are getting carried away by your emotions, the love can´t be just that.
>>
>>17184588
love can be compared to ownership
You want to be in a relationship badly but when you have it it could get boring or even worse: the other side gets bored and you dont have it anymore and thats what makes you sad: missing the interactions you shared with another person.
Sometimes I think its a made up phrase.
>>
Fags
>>
>>17184588
It's the most wonderful and most painful thing I've ever felt. It's entirely real and anyone who says otherwise just hasn't felt it, and considering my current situation I don't know if I pity it envy them.
>>
>>17184588
Love is just built-in expectation and instinct.

You love someone when he/she is good for you or can give something.

You love your parents because they'll [almost] unconditionally take care of you. You love your gf because of sex -- you started liking her because, in the midst of all disagreement in the World, you feel a reciprocal attraction that tells you you should have sex with each other -- and build an emotional attachment based on that.

Parents love you because they feel obliged to it. If they don't do it, who will? Your mother loves you because she carried you for 9 months. You inevitably end up loving anything you work hard on (just like a carreer).

You love your friends because they have the potential to entertain you and you see yourself in them.

Love as seen in the movies is complete bullshit. There's nothing mystical about earthly love.
>>
>>17184588

All I know is that it's terrifying. I've never been loved and have never been in love, and this is intentional because I'm afraid of what it would do to my mental state.
>>
love's pretty cool
>>17185106
this dude puts it eloquently. do not use movies as examples for anything!
If you're striving for it or think you've found it, an idealistic mindset to have is... be sure to give more than you take
>>
Movie love is those first 6-36 months you are still feeling all those happy chemicals your body creates when you're bumping uglies with someone new

Real, 50+ years of marriage love is lots of work, commitment, ups, downs, and sharing a life

It's pretty boss, even if it's hard, 9/10 would recommend
(Knocking a point because I'm pretty sure he'd rescue our dog before me in a house fire, but to be fair I might too)
>>
>>17184588
I always loved La Rochfecauld's maxim
>some people would never fall in love at all had they never learned such a thing exists
>>
Everything else was fleeting interest or boredom, it never lasted somehow. Love is real, and I know because I've been in love for 15 years
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.