[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i thought reddit was all one big hugbox?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: stephen.png (103 KB, 399x346) Image search: [Google]
stephen.png
103 KB, 399x346
some reddit people really hurt my feelings lol. made a thread asking lots of questions about something science-y with very little research done on the topic and they called me hurtful names and downvoted most of my posts into oblivion.

it sucked. i haven't posted much on reddit but 4chan is seeming like a much nicer place.

so how do i deal with hurt feelings on the internet? :(

i mean there were some good posts that addressed my questions too but this was like intense somehow and i feel sad and hurt.
>>
>>17183881
Calling this bait would be a disservice.
>>
Lol someone's new to baiting. Everyone knows that if you wanna b8 /adv/, you just talk about how all women are le evil cunt sjws who just want Chads and bbcs
>>
>>17183887
i mean no. do you want the thread? people on 4chan have definitely said worse to me; i think the part that hurts is the downvoting. like my comments which i thought were reasonable were downvoted by so many people they disappeared.

feels sad that my posts can go away because people are like fuck this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/4kxz6c/popcorn_lung/
>>
>>17183881
Welcome back. We might not be the nicest, but at least we're anonymous.

>how do i deal with hurt feelings on the internet?
Not going on the internet
>>
>>17183910
>Not going on the internet
guess so, but then i'd miss out on the wonderful collective knowledge and opportunities for personal growth and stuff.

is there a way to deal with hurt feelings on the internet that doesn't involve losing all of that? :(
>>
Do your research AND stop being a pussy

And get better bait
>>
>>17184138
i'll continue doing my research but idk about stopping being a pussy. seems hard :(

i feel a little better after talking about it. starting to think i really just don't like downvoting systems on the whole. like it serves as a way to silence people that may have something worthwhile to say and feeds into groupthink type stuff.

but 4chan is awful too so idk.
>>
hope you have an easier time. theres no sanctuary on the internet but the great thing about it is how vast it is. choose who you interact with, what you let yourself see, and take things in stride. you dont have to stop being a pussy, you just need to learn how to take being fucked ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
Reddit is hardly nice on the smaller subs people act like assholes 4chan is nicer despite what you think
>>
>>17183881
a) you forget about the feelings.
then you learn: if I do more research, if I study more, if I work harder, basically, if I improve myself chances are I won't easily ridiculed in any subject again.

b)you could just cry about reddit all day long on another boards.

c)become a recluse
>>
>>17183881
Your question was dumb but I've been in the exact same spot as you and I know how shitty it feels. Reddit is actually much worse than 4chan if you're caught up on the wrong side of the argument because people there

1) Can hide everything you say with downvotes, making it effectively "wrong" instead of unpopular

2) Can see every post you've made and use that for harassment material in replies/PMs

It is stupid but you can't have anything good on the internet like anonymity without people being rude because they can, so you'll have to get used to taking shit sometimes and move on.
>>
>>17185189
i just wish people could be nice always :(
>>
Sorry people were mean to you OP, I mean, not really sorry, cause come on, it's strangers on the internet, why do you give a fuck? But still, sorry.

Just be more careful about what you post. Keep it simple, polite, straightforward.
I looked at your thread, you got way too defensive. Getting defensive is like inviting people to attack you.

Think about what you post, are you accomplishing what you want? What do you want to accomplish? If you just wanted information like you claim you have no reason to get so pissy, especially since it looks like you were creating a "Let me google that for you" kind of post. People get annoyed seeing the same threads everyday (lol), no matter what board your on.

Your thoughts aren't as unique as you think. Google them first.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.