[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Citalopram (Celexa) vs. Escitalopram (Lexapro) For anxiety/depression.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: drugs.jpg (84 KB, 950x505) Image search: [Google]
drugs.jpg
84 KB, 950x505
Citalopram (Celexa) vs. Escitalopram (Lexapro)
For anxiety/depression. Any opinions?
>>
>look at me i'm depressed, i take meme drugs so i can sleep, it's like a trophy in form of chemicals
>>
Don't take them. Find a way to avoid drugs.
>>
>>17183271
But they really seem to help.
>>
>>17183274
See >>17183270
>>
>>17183261
Their effectiveness and side effects depend mostly on your brain chemistry. Try one, and if it doesn't help ask your physician to switch to another.
>>
>>17183281
Meme drugs? What does that mean? Are certain drugs not memes? These are two similar but distinct front-line SSRIs. I fail to see how they're memes. And they actually make it a bit harder to sleep. And I can't believe you think I'm doing this for attention; i thought maybe someone who's tried both would have some useful input.
>Thanks, faggots. You all have autism. Please kill yourselves.
>>
File: 1373583673204.jpg (7 KB, 241x227) Image search: [Google]
1373583673204.jpg
7 KB, 241x227
>>17183261
>>17183274

SEE. A. DOCTOR.

Don't take medical advice from 4chan.
>>
I have depression and anxiety.
I take select for depression and it has done me wonders. Ive been on multiple different antidepressants and select works the best for me. I fins select doesn't do much in the anxiety department.

For my anxiety i take Lorazepam (Ativan): its a take only when needed med, so thats really helpful (: good luck OP
>>
celexa ** autocorrect
>>
>>17183261
drugs (legal or illegal) generally cause more problems for your body and mind then they solve, i speak from personal experience in both areas; your unhappy? change the way you live and what you do in your day to day living.
>>
Studies show escitalopram to be more effective with less chance of side effect. The only people I see on citalopram are the ones who have been on it for years.
>>
>>17183261
I'm on citalopram after trying other SSRIs for 6 years. I like it. Works where others didn't. Haven't tried escitalopram. Maybe I'll try that next time around.
>>
Escitalopram wrecked my sleep (could barely get any while I was on it)

Only a few people like myself get this rather unwanted side-effect.
>>
Was on Celexa. Cut my motivation in half (was still very functional, but wasn't thirsty to do new things like I normally am) and slayed my libido.

Worked through my depression without meds (which is always the superior option) and I have xanax on hand if I have a panic attack.

Obviously it won't work for everyone but you might want to consider treating a med as a temporary measure to give you the power to work on your depression/anxiety. Science shows that SSRI's are most effective when combined with therapy anyways. That should tell you that you don't need to live forever on them if you can help it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.