[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do people act as if animals are the holy creatures of god
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: cecil-AP463227356214-1000x400.jpg (74 KB, 830x466) Image search: [Google]
cecil-AP463227356214-1000x400.jpg
74 KB, 830x466
why do people act as if animals are the holy creatures of god and the encarnment of all things good, except that when they do something that's morally wrong they just give the 'le instinct' excuse? good fucking god I hate animal lovers.
>>
>>17181588

It also annoys the fuck out of me when animal behavior is used as an ethical rationale.

"But animals are polyamorous/homosexual, so it's good/natural!"

Yeah, animals also eat their babies, your fucking point?
>>
>>17181594
i agree. my mum users this same argument to justify her beliefs. a few days ago she was saying that i shouldent go out with a women if she asks me out. she believes that guys should always ask women out because its what the animals do lol, i was like "yeah but animals also rape eachother".
>>
>>17181597
If she got quiet and bit her lip at that point, your mum wants you to rape her.
>>
because animal dont harm shit except things they eat to DUH! sruvive
and what the fuck are morals to an animal???

you dense fucking faggot
>>
>>17181588
>encarnment

Incarnation, noodlebrain
>>
>>17181604
ah, I knew that encarnment wasn't a word. thanks dude.
>>
>>17181603
>because animal dont harm shit except things they eat to DUH! sruvive

"When male lions take over a new territory, they almost always kill the prides' cubs, since they are not biologically related and do not want to spend energy ensuring that other lions' genes will be passed on. "They can't be stepfathers," Hunter told LiveScience. Female lions also will not be receptive to mating while they are nursing, so killing the cubs enables the male lions to procreate, said Beverly."

I bet you also believe that American Indians said a prayer of apology to every animal they killed.
>>
>>17181603
Wuau, you really don't know shit about animals. A lot of animals will kill as a sport, not because they're hungry.
>>
>>17181588
I love animals but I don't put them on the same level as me.

And I find it annoying too, that my animal loving friends post a variety of things on social media on their opinions of animal cruelty, but barely do anything to stop it.

Also annoys me how people want wild animals as domesticated pets. I have a friend who obsessively says she will eventually get a lion as a pet and thinks that once she has a house of her own, she can just go down to the lion shop and pick up a lion and it will act just like a domesticated cat.

Fuck, these people make me cringe.
>>
>>17181603
yeah but the majority of the planet are basically just animals - acting out of instinct with out logic. humans are the same, we are self servient
>>
>>17181608
thats exactly what surviving is...
>>
FYI: Hindus worship Cows, snakes, elephants, tiger, etc. So, yeah.
>>
>>17181623
>thats exactly what surviving is...

That's exactly wrong. Procreation =/= survival.
>>
>>17181588
I agree, same with nature in general. If a hurricane comes and floods a forest, blowing down trees and killing everything its 'nature'. If a wildfire burns down half of California's forests it's just nature. If an earthquake broke the fucking earth in half it's just nature bro. But God forbid somebody cut down a tree to make a house, right?
>>
Animals only live in the now. Few can think ahead. The lion only hunts when he needs to. Will he do some fucked up shit morally speaking? Probably. Lions won't wake up with an agenda they just 'do'.. Lions gonna lion. Can
>>
I agree that nature=good is stupid, it's legitimately a fallacy. A duck raping a dead duck does not make it cool for a person to rape a dead person.

However, animals are amoral. Not immoral. They don't have the capacity for ethical reasoning, so you can't blame them for it.

You hate animal lovers because you can't relate to you own fucking species, much less have enough empathy to care about something you see as "lesser" because of an arbitrary value system.
>>
>>17181650
Seriously, this should be common sense, but man, you should see the crazy shit people start coming up with when you stick your dick in a pony. It's like they don't have a fridge full of meat in their house.
>>
File: image.jpg (195 KB, 900x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
195 KB, 900x800
Animals are chill. Fuck off. Only retard's claim things like that, leave the rest of us animal lovers out of it
>>
>>17181650

I don't think those people are morally outraged about that tree. Big difference between considering trees ethically and caring about conservation of ecosystems.

>>17181667
You might be being sarcastic, but I'd agree it's pretty hypocritical to make sweeping arguments about "consent" as it applies to animals who don't have that concept in any meaningful way...without applying those arguments to killing.
>>
>>17181673
Retards* k
>>
>>17181667
>It's like they don't have a fridge full of meat in their house.

That meat came from ugly animals. Ponies are cute. Check and mate, motherfucker.
>>
>>17181677
>I don't think those people are morally outraged about that tree.

Whooooooo boy you don't know about the real treehuggers. There's a super cringy youtube video of a bunch of them fake-crying for a tree.
>>
>>17181677
>I don't think people are morally outraged about that tree
I was more touching upon when people go on and on and on about how evil humans are destroying the eblnvironment. Now I will fully admit that we've done legit harm and damage to the planet's natural ecosystem, on the other hand I'm sitting in a van going passed tens of thousands of trees on the interstate. These trees continue to co exist with us as does most of nature. Sometimes animals die because a car hit them or something but how man animals die because another animal killed and are them or a tree fell on them? Shit like that.

I do enjoy and respect nature but to me it just kind of...is. A meteorite is technically natural too, and could come screaming into our atmosphere and causing lots of damage, I.e. whiping out all the dinosaurs.
>>
>>17181723
Environment*
Many*
Killed and ate*

I hate my phone sometimes
>>
>>17181729
no need to correct yourself friend, we got your message.
>>
Some people are morons about animals, but the "instinct" thing isn't really an excuse; animals, for the most part, are incapable of having morals. There might be some exceptions, I'm willing to believe that African gray parrots or gorillas can have morals.

It pisses me off, though, whenever a person gets harmed by an animal, and people are quick to say that the person deserves it and not to punish the animal. I love dogs, but a dog that mauls a kid should be euthanized, unless the kid was doing something like kicking the dog in the nuts.
>>
>>17181588
I don't think of animals/nature as fucking bastions of all that is pure, but what they do is excused because they aren't sentient/conscious in the human sense. Yeah that's kind of a bad standard, but it's all we got so far.
>>
>>17181631
Yes it is. It is survival of your genes. If animals (great apes do the same) wouldn't kill the children of tribes they take over, those children would compete with their own for food and position.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.