[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alcoholism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: cvz5xDl.jpg (10 KB, 281x179) Image search: [Google]
cvz5xDl.jpg
10 KB, 281x179
I'm married and work from home. Once or twice a month I pull an allnighter to reset my shitty sleep pattern and get an extra chunk of work done. The next day I have about 4 pints of beer or a bottle of wine, and I hide it from my SO.
We openly drink together, and it's always in moderation. I don't hide any other booze and I don't get any withdrawals or cravings. But I can't help but want to hide those times.
I had some problems which I had sorted out even before the engagement, but I guess a part of me still likes to be alone and crack open a beer at a weird hour of the day since for me it's basically evening.
I feel like an ass for hiding it, but at the same time I legit don't feel like it's having any negative effect. Maybe I'm deluded, idunno.

Thoughts, /adv/?
>>
>>17181409
apart from not having any balls you're good

keep on trucking
>>
>>17181410
Fair enough. I still don't get why it's socially acceptable to pop xanax like candy but have a cheeky pint and you're literally Hitler.
>>
I am gonna bump just to add questions - what if my SO knows about it but is hiding discomfort? What are the signs I subconsciously show? Is it fucked up that I want to hide it so badly?
>>
>>17181409
It isn't just homeless bums who are alcoholics. You've just described dependency on alcohol.
>>
>>17181439
>it's socially acceptable to pop xanax like candy
this is news to me. but I suppose people are more lenient about other people's prescription med use - assuming you actually have a prescription for it - because you're supposedly under the care of a physician and a) you could possibly just be following the doc's instructions and b) if you're abusing them, you'll get cut off eventually. so maybe they feel less like it's their place to say something about it than they would with alcohol. not that pill use is more socially acceptable, just that it's harder to graciously say something about it. just a guess.

>>17181541
all the more reason to be up front with them about it.
>>
>>17181439
>it's socially acceptable to pop xanax like candy
To a fucking degenerate, maybe.
>>
a bottle twice a month? SOMEONE CALL THE S/O THIS IS STRAIGHT UP ALCOHOLISM

post when you're chuggin a fifth of vodka daily...
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.