[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why shouldn't I get revenge on people who bullied me?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
Why shouldn't I get revenge on people who bullied me?
>>
Because the kind of revenge you're likely thinking of has a significant drawback: it ends far too quickly. You will not find it satisfying.
>>
Revenge is a vicious cycle just like violence. It usually never stops. Of course if you can get away with it without it coming back to you that's another story. Even so it's still not worth it. Have some character and just get over it. Move on with your life and forget about it. Doing petty things makes you a petty person and it's not a good character trait.

"The sweetest revenge is living well. Darius Rucker said it, so you know it's real"
>>
If you let them affect your life that means they won. Just ignore them, they are not even worth one second of your time whether on good intentions or bad.
>>
What if the bullies get revenge on you for getting revenge on them?
>>
>>17179954

I don't care what happens to me. I'd love to see the world burn if I could see the people who ostracized me and made me suffer burn as well.
>>
Buddha said that hatred is a poison you drink that you expect that will kill your enemies.

If you want revenge, then you are poisoned.

In plain speak, the emotions you feel are the bottom line.
If you are still upset about what the did to you, they're still hurting you.
You can purge their influence on you.
Be happy instead.
>>
>>17179962
Buddha was a poo-in-loo faggot.
>>
File: AurTrueRight.jpg (32 KB, 500x462) Image search: [Google]
AurTrueRight.jpg
32 KB, 500x462
>>17179923
Because that's not the right thing to do.
Be kind to others, even if they aren't kind to you.
Like that quote, "an eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind."
>>
>>17179961
I want to say there's still hope for you to be a better person, but when you say inane stuff like this it makes me think otherwise.

Make the right choice. Don't be a dummy.
>>
>>17179949
>Have some character and just get over it. Move on with your life and forget about it.
This does not work. It never works. That's not to say that recovery is impossible, but there is no "just" about it: it's not quick, or simple, or painless.
>>
It really depends on what kind of position you are in and what available resources you have.

I was forced to endure a solid 2 years of on and off bullying and abuse because my parents and other adults were involved - had I retaliated or sought revenge, or contaced authorities, I probably would have ended up in the hospital and been accused of being crazy.

If you have plenty of resources at your disposal and can get a fair advantage, and minimize your chances for retaliation or being caught, go for it.
>>
>>17179976
Over course it doesn't just happen over night, but when you do stupid things like get revenge for past aggressions you're just backsliding. You might still get over it after you've gotten your revenge and it might even expedite the process but it adds to your constantly evolving character. What's to say next time you need to get revenge because someone rubs you the wrong way. When you have could gone down a better path and learned how to cope with it and move on...
>>
>>17179995
> might even expedite the process

Yep. I'm sold. Revenge ftw. Fuck morality. When the deck is stacked against you fuck the rules.
>>
There are two ways to look at it OP.

Are you currently being effected by the bullying? Has their bullying had a present effect on you? Then consider retaliation as an option. It's childish, but it will help establish your willingness to defend yourself.
>>
File: Lollipop-chainsaw-4.png (1 MB, 1277x716) Image search: [Google]
Lollipop-chainsaw-4.png
1 MB, 1277x716
>>17179923
Who says you shouldn''t?
Make them all suffer kill them all.
Get a gun and make it slow.
>>
>>17179976
life isn't painless homie
you gotta do what's gonna give you the best life
>>
>>17179923
Depending on what they did and whether or not you're away from them now, I'd say let it go. It probably won't forget, but it isn't worth stressing about now. They probably did not have a shred or remorse then and probably do not spare a single thought now.

>>17179967
And Jesus said outright to love your enemies, but if you're a Christian you probably ignored that verse in favor of the ones that justify discriminating against people.
>>
because its a waste of time, effort, energy, and resources on something that doesn't matter now.

it's that simple. because its fucking stupid and doesn't benefit you.

>>17180005
life isn't an anime.
>>
>>17179950
But wouldn't that make you look submissive, thus enabling them to try harder to get rises out of you?
>>
Stop looking at it as revenge and think of it as justice.
>>
let the hate flow through you

also yes
>>
>>17179923

A couple of reasons.

1) you probably weren't even "bullied" that bad, and you're being a sensitive faggot. Seriously, this is coming from someone who was bullied back in my day and I've realized that since I toughened up from it and didn't let myself feel eternally victimized, I can defend myself.
2) no one remembers you being bullied. Like the above, this is all just something in your head where you felt like a victim. No one will applaud or remember your revenge, you'll just look petty.
3)there's nothing more satisfying than rising above it. Be strong when you think you can't be.

Good luck OP.
>>
File: r11f4sh.jpg (65 KB, 900x584) Image search: [Google]
r11f4sh.jpg
65 KB, 900x584
>>17179923
Make them all suffer
>>
The best revenge is being more successful than them. While you have a house, wife, and 2 kids they will be homeless drug addicts.
>>
>>17179923
As long as it's within the law, do it, other wise only resort to criminal affairs when all else is lost.
>>
>>17179971
INCORRECT! it leaves one guy with one eye and the rest of the world blind, i am "that guy".
>>
>>17179923
If they made everyone avoid you and affect your social life and your personality then do it. There's no justice for bully.
>>
>>17180768
How do i make them homeless addict?
>>
>>17180768
>more successful than them. While you have a house, wife, and 2 kids
that sounds pretty gay sempsu despai. like self punishment tier gay
>>
Take a lesson from Empire of the Ants OP

When one ant messes up and puts the colony at risk, the other ants don't seek him out to punish him. Instead they all work on finding a solution to the problem.

So what's the lesson here? Find a solution to the problem, the problem being their behaviour.

How you find that solution is up to you, but it will affect other people. Do it carefully.
>>
>>17179923
A common misconception is that when you forgive others you are doing it for their benefit, but really you're doing it for your own. Forgiveness takes real strength and can take a heavy weight off your shoulders.
>>
Because if you kill them, you'll be just like them.
>>
>>17180768
why would you want children or a female who can do minimal effort and take half your shit at any given point ?
>>
>>17179923
Because you're better than them, anon
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 192x144) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 192x144
>>17179923
Be like naruto
Instead aim to be a better person than those who treated you poorly, and prove that you're stronger and smarter and have a better life desu
>>
>>17179923
I have a feeling that those who object revenge are people who have either never been subjected to bullying, or people who have been bullies themselves.

If you cant put your hands on anything else besides your unfortunate past experience, shaping your life plans to exact revenge is a very worthy goal. Directly killing them is an option, but not one I would reccomend. Getting rich and influential enough to hire people for the task might be better. Remember, although dead bodies attract alot of judicial attention, missing people dont as much.
>>
>>17179961
Ah, you're 14. Okay.
>>
>>17181032
Wow this is A+ advice holy shit
>>
>>17180356
>1) toughen up
>2) it's not real
>3) but you should let it go
kiketykeketykoo
whatever gets you through bud.
>>
>>17179923
Like all forms of abuse, bullying, has a nasty habit of going cyclic. It doesn't happen to all victims, but a significant number of people who are bullied go on to bully others. They do this as a way of controling their own pain: it's like cutting, but turned outward instead of inward.

You speak in the past tense, OP, so I take this to mean that the bullying is over. There is no immediacy anymore: no way to pass off your actions as self-defense. Any revenge you take now will be nothing more than cyclic bullying: victim become perpetrator.

I've been there. There are two things I can tell you about it. First off, it doesn't work: you think it will -no one would do it if they didn't- but it won't. Nothing changes.

The second, however, is that once you close your eyes, you can only keep them shut for so long. There will inevitably come a time when you are forced to face the fact that you've gone cyclic. The day I came to my senses was the worst day of my life. I went through eleven years of Hell when I was bullied, but when my eyes were opened, I saw something even darker. It took me eight years to start to recover from what was done to me, but it took me 15 years to start to recover from what I did. I would spare you that pain.

I know how much you want to do this, as only someone who has been there can. But for your own sake, you must not do it.

>>17180356
>2) no one remembers you being bullied. Like the above, this is all just something in your head where you felt like a victim. No one will applaud or remember your revenge, you'll just look petty.
Speak for yourself. I remember 12 victims (only 11 names, I am ashamed to admit, but I still have not forgotten what I did). They all haunt me to this day.

And in the oddest turn of events, someone reached out to apologize to me just recently. People do remember.

>3)there's nothing more satisfying than rising above it. Be strong when you think you can't be.

Here, I agree with you. Rising above it works.
>>
>>17179923

Don't fight for the past but for the future.

Fight back when bullied, no long term revenge
>>
File: 1456000065089.png (503 KB, 614x444) Image search: [Google]
1456000065089.png
503 KB, 614x444
This thread is concentrated cringe and op should just fucking hero
>>
Op, I'm a firm believer that if one must seek vengeance they should go big. Not because of "muh bully feels" but because since you've allowed yourself to be consumed and by this point the only way to find peace is to actually get revenge. Be aware that if you do it will take a lot of time, energy and resources to make sure you feel satisfied after. Even then, there's no guarantee you'll feel better/the recipients will be hurt/your revenge will be more than petty passive aggressiveness. This is why everyone is telling you to get over it.
Again, get your revenge if you must but it'll most likely end badly.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.