[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post College
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 110905_obama_approval_ap_328.jpg (27 KB, 605x328) Image search: [Google]
110905_obama_approval_ap_328.jpg
27 KB, 605x328
>takes me two years to get on track for my career with a proper job as a young professional
>get a really good gig going for me right now but regret how I went through college

I feel like I failed because I took a lot for granted.

It's like the feeling of cheating, how you only cheat yourself?
>>
>>17179787
If you only lost two years, you did better than most young people today.
You took a lot for granted, but now you don't and you're wiser.
This is pretty much how life goes from here on.
>>
>>17180041
I was massively accomplished by my mid 20's. Master's degree done, high paying professional job, married with 2 kids. I was the shit!
Yea, except that my wife was a horrible person that treated me like shit and I just put up with it like abused slave. All the money I made was spent by her while she cheated on me and I just kept working. I wasted 15 years on that marriage.
Now life is great and I'm older and wiser. I just wish I could go back in time and beat she crap out of myself.
>>
>>17180052
Glad you're good now.

Everything is relative OP, two years is not a lot of time desu, in the end its all in your head. Feeling bad about things won't change anything and you can't go back in time, so just make the best out of what you have left. There's always going to be things that you regret no matter which path in life you take, the difference is if you can carry on or not.
>>
>>17180062

It feels embarrassing.

But I'm not sure if it's common for young guys like me
>>
>>17179787
>always going to be things that you regret no matter which path in life you take
This is some true wisdom here.
>>
>>17180074
Why? Everybody regrets, its just that we don't talk about it. You go on Facebook and you read how glorious these motherfucker's lives are but you know something? You're getting a highlight reel, you're getting the good times and none of the times when they eat shit. You'll be fine, if you can get over yourself.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.