[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Playing games competitively doesn't bring me happiness.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: dirty_bomb_27032015_3-1024x576.jpg (147 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
dirty_bomb_27032015_3-1024x576.jpg
147 KB, 1024x576
Playing games competitively doesn't bring me happiness. I get too obsessed about it, and I get anxiety and I think I'm worthless with every lose.

I won't ever get to a pro level in any game, as I dont have the talent nor the right attitude to improve. And even if I do, I really think the life of a videogame proplayer is nothing to be jealous of, it's pretty shit to be honest.

I don't really love the games I play competitively, but I just see a chance to get glory or fame. For example, right now I'm playing Overwatch because it'll be a huge game, but I enjoy another smaller FPS more, but I think it's not worth it to try anything there.

eSports is the only thing that fills my life. I spend most of my time with shit related to it, either playing or watching/reading. And real sports dont really fill the same need.

What the fuck do I doooo, my life is so fucking worthless, I'm too obsessed over being the best at some pixels in a screen.

I think the main issue is that I've become way too obsessed at something that's just supposed to be a hobby.
>>
>Playing games competitively doesn't bring me happiness. I get too obsessed about it, and I get anxiety and I think I'm worthless with every lose.

so dont play them idiot

get a hobby you like
>>
>>17179373
>get a hobby you like
like I said, this games shit fills most of my free time, so I dont know how to replace it.
>>
Your the kind of person that should stick to single player games. I lost a freind like you because I was better at Halo, Smash, and Call of Duty, and I'm a casual. You should try some one on one gaming, plenty of great stuff is out. Go master Spelunky or something. Pokemon is turn based and a simple meta, you can destroy noobs online all day if you learn it. You just aren't cut out for that type of game, just walk away.
>>
>>17179396
>like I said, this games shit fills most of my free time, so I dont know how to replace it.

stop doing games shit
start doing other shit

wow
>>
Back in September, I was planning all the time I was getting close to get into diamond league in lol etc...
I left for Tokyo, for a school exchange program, didn't install any game on my laptop.
When I wasn't out, exploring, I was playing chess. Moving back home in January, I started practicing boxing.
It's great to have less time consuming hobbies that I can share with everyone.

Find something new, stick to it, delete the old!

Getting old, video games won't bring you anything, not even fun. If you still need some pvp, I suggest lichess.com
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.