[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw kinda wanna major in history >kinda wanna major in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1438910900067.png (422 KB, 674x771) Image search: [Google]
1438910900067.png
422 KB, 674x771
>tfw kinda wanna major in history
>kinda wanna major in cs
>not sure what I'd do in cs or if I just like the idea of it

HOW DO I GET /STIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFF/
>>
>>17179274
Major in the history of CS, dipshit.
>>
Don't study history
>>
>>17179274
Major cs minor history bam done get the fuck out
>>
>>17179297
This desu.
>>
>>17179297
There are no minors here
What's bad about history
>>
>>17179339
You can teach history if that's what you want (what I'm doing, and 100% digging it), or go to law school, or rely on being smart enough to do something wordsy but without any specific training.
>>
OP you can go either way and be fine. If you go history route be prepared to go above and beyond. You need to volunteer, do research, do well in your classes, get internships, write papers, anything and everything you can get your hands on. The best people will always get jobs, but you need to be prepared to put in the effort. CS will be an easier path if all you want is a job (but the same dedication will be necessary if you really want to get ahead).
>>
>>17179387
I'm not even 100% sure I'll like CS
>>
>>17179339
>There are no minors here
Who cares whether or not your college as an "official minor"? Rhetorical question, no one does, employers included.

Do you CS degree and take history classes whenever you have space in your schedule.
>>
really think about what you want out of college-- not necessarily out of life-- op, and decide
>>
>>17180087
too hard
>>
>>17180168
>too hard
And you think a CS degree isn't? College is a very big and costly decision, maybe you should take some time off to work before committing 4-5 years and 50k+ dollars to something you're not even pretty sure of.

I kind of wish I had.
>>
>>17180177
It's just 6k maybe 12k
>>
>>17180289
You dumbass. Those figures are probably per semester (the 6k) and per year (the 12k). A Bachelor's degree is 4 years of that 12k.
>>
>>17180327
No no its 12 k for 4 years and I'll probably be there only 2 or 3
>>
Don't do history, gotta be very hardworking and passionak about it for it to be your career.

Don't do cs, you're too lazy and unmotivated, you'll soon grow to hate it.

Solution: fix yourself, your laziness, your situation or it will catch uo with you some day.

Source: I've been in both, I am like that.
>>
Do none.
Fix yourself up first, stop being lazy.

Don't ignore this post.
>>
File: tumblr_nxorf86ZAE1qcr6iqo1_1280.jpg (251 KB, 762x1128) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxorf86ZAE1qcr6iqo1_1280.jpg
251 KB, 762x1128
The only thing you can do with a history degree is teach it, and you pretty much have to have a doctorate to land those gigs.

Keep it as a hobby. Do something else for money.
>>
>>17181678
What if I kinda want to teach maybe I dunno
>>
>>17180652
>>17180665
Were you able to fix yourself? How did you do it?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.