[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I guess this is more of a vent. Why the fuck can't I find
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: B0Mpqs8CYAAsKax-1.jpg (44 KB, 446x522) Image search: [Google]
B0Mpqs8CYAAsKax-1.jpg
44 KB, 446x522
I guess this is more of a vent.

Why the fuck can't I find a single competent hairdresser in this piece of shit place? Am I missing something?

Everytime, I ask for a really short haircut, I bring references, I mention I want it to be androgynous and/or masculine but I guess they think I'm kidding

So they cut, cut, and then they're done and when I look at it, I usually get Can I Speak To The Manager haircut or a retarded bowlcut. So I ask them to cut more. "sweetie honey darling baby are you sure" yes I'm fucking paying my whole paycheck for this Josephine. And they snip teeny hairs. So I ask to use the barbering machine and I'm refused.

>sweetie darling honey pie you'll look like a boy! Boys are gross! You're not a boy! You can't do that! That's a boys haircut! For boys!

And thus, I walk out with my whole paycheck thrown into the fucking trash and a shit haircut to cover with a beanie 24/7 in blazing hot days.

(cont)
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (28 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
28 KB, 1280x720
Should I buy a barbering machine myself and try it myself even though it's practically impossible?

Should I go to a male barber even though I'll probably get kicked off and refused or go completely fucking bald and too square/patchy?

Are there any special words I should look out for? I already go to places with "unisex" in them but I don't know, am I missing something?

Is there anything I can do besides cry and whine like a faggot?
>>
>yes I'm fucking paying my whole paycheck for this Josephine

lol'd so thanks for that
yes, get clippers or go to the barber
do u want an ugly bowl cut?
>>
>>17178934
>>>/fa/
>>
>>17178934
>Everytime, I ask for a really short haircut, I bring references, I mention I want it to be androgynous and/or masculine but I guess they think I'm kidding
Call it a pixie cut or something then.
Saying you want to look like a guy isn't going to go down well with a women's hair dresser.
>>
Bring pictures. Refuse to pay if they refuse to give you the cut you want and make it clear that you aren't happy with what they've given you.
>>
>>17178969
>do u want an ugly bowl cut?
fuck no
that's the problem
if I wanted a bowl cut I'd put a bowl on my head and do it myself

>>17179052
>call it a pixie cut or something then.
Not in an english-speaking country. There really isn't something such as "pixie cut" here. It's just a short haircut to them.
>saying you want to look like a guy isn't going to go down well with a women's hair dresser
But it isn't a women's hair dresser. Supposedly. At least from what the sign says. The hairdresser is a woman but she's supposed to be trained in both.

perhaps I should look for a man hairdresser instead even though they're practically nonexistent here?

>refuse to pay if they refuse to give you the cut you want and make it clear that you aren't happy with what they've given you
I guess that's what I really should do but, y'know. I'm a pussy. Y'know, the very passive, very play-nice type. Saying I don't like already takes a lot of guts. Saying I refuse to pay would get me a lot of trouble and hell who knows, they'll probably call the cops, knowing the bitchasses of this place.
Gotta man up though I guess.
>>
There's a reason why good hair dressers have mile long contact lists of clients that are often willing to follow them to different hair salons and cities.

Next time you see someone whose haircut you like, compliment them on it and ask them who they go.

This:
>>17179052
>Call it a pixie cut or something then.

>>17179126
>Bring pictures. Refuse to pay if they refuse to give you the cut you want and make it clear that you aren't happy with what they've given you.

This. Or demand they fix it or give you steep discount. Additionally, take pictures the moment you're done so you have proof that what they gave you is not what you asked for (and since you're bringing pictures with you of what you want too, that's pretty easy to prove).
>>
>>17178934
Ok, so the reason that's happening is because hairdressers give you the version of whichever cut you asked for that they will think looks best on you. Funnily enough, they do it because they know you're sropping a lot of money on it and they don't want you to turn round like "wtf have you done to me idiot?".

>Should I buy a barbering machine myself and try it myself
Absolutley not. Cutting hair is a skilled trade. You wouldn't try to rewire your own house or rebuild your own engine, and cutting your own hair isn't any more of a reasonable proposition.

>I already go to places with "unisex" in them
Unisex usually means hairdressers who are willing to give men a low quality haircut for an inflated price.

>Should I go to a male barber even though I'll probably get kicked off
It's worth a try. You'd want to do it on a walk in basis though, if you ask him ahead of time he's more likley to say no, plus most barbers (at least where I am) don't take bookings. Try to do it when the place is empty. I'd be a bit upset if I had to wait for my barber to finish cutting a womans hair before he did mine, and I'm usually a placid guy. if you go in when no one else is there he won't be so worried about upsetting his regulars. Also take cash, and be prepared to offer him 5x or more what he charges for a regular cut. I know it's not very nice paying womans prices for a mans haircut, but it's just how the world works. My haircut costs me £20 (for comparrison, my wife's hairdo costs me £120 each time) and I'm in and out of the chair in under 15 mins. If your cut is going to take longer than he's used to it's not unreasonable to give the guy a bit more money, plus it'll be harder for the guy to say no when you're waving a wad of banknotes under his nose.
>>
>>17179126
This. So much this. You have to be extremely clear and direct with them, and say "This Is What I Want". As they're doing it, if they start to do it in a way you don't like, take a moment to very clearly explain what it is you want. Again, bring multiple photos.
>>
I forget to mention something: I'm blind as a fuckin... a shark, let's say... I wear glasses... but those cannot be worn when my hair is being cut since they get in the way. when I look in the mirror I see nothing but really blurry shit. and no, I cannot wear lenses either (eyes won't adapt to them).

not only that, but they always insist on wetting hair before cutting it and that provides an awful illusion (most of the time my hair looks much longer when it's wet but when it dries up... y'know).

and it's not like I can see them when they're working the back of my hair yknow.

ah, man.

still. thanks a lot, /adv/. I guess I need to stand my ground.
>>
Maybe you can try going to a male barbershop, instead.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.