[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
20 Year old NEET. Got a dilemma. There are multiple events coming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
20 Year old NEET. Got a dilemma. There are multiple events coming up. Trip to chicago for a festival. Week in florida. Camping trips. Etc. But I smoke like a maniac and I plan on quiting. Should I stay home for a month and miss out on cool shit to quit smoking (with the pressure that if I relapse I missed these events for no reason pushing me) or pull the money out my ass to pay for the shit ton of cigarettes I'll need for 4 trips in a month span.
>>
Nah you should just quit anon. It's actually pretty easy if you can get through the pangs for the first few days. Hardest thing is willpower if you're drinking but otherwise just do it and live your life.
>>
>>17177037
buy a vape mod anon, thats actually the best way to stop.
i smoked 3 years 1 pack a day and i managed to quit in one day without problems
>>
>>17177037
Just quit now brah I smoked a pack a day for 6 years and one day I just had enough of buying them everyday so I stopped

I save 77 dollars a week since I quit
>>
>>17177037
>Should I stay home for a month and miss out on cool shit to quit smoking (with the pressure that if I relapse I missed these events for no reason pushing me) or pull the money out my ass to pay for the shit ton of cigarettes I'll need for 4 trips in a month
Neither. Go on the trips, and harness them to help you quit. Let the stress of quitting vanish into the far more pleasant stress of how different your life is (for the moment), and let that difference distract you from the cravings.
>>
>>17177037
My advice would be to quit smoking.

I am currently at a month of no-smoking after 9 years of smoking everyday.
It's not that hard after the first week. The rest is willpower.
> Do you have enough willpower to really stop

I didn't need nicotine patches or vap but should you need it, just do it and it'll be easier for you.

I you're a heavy smoker, here are the steps:
Delay to the maximum your first cig.
Then everyday, delay at minimum this time to 1h more.
> If first day, you can't go more than 10am, 2nd day you go to 11am, etc.
In 10 days, you will ahve your first cig at 10 pm or more.
Then just stop once for all.
And for the cravings, just so you know: they normally only last for 5min or so (if you have enough nicotin with patches or vap etc), it is just a matter of willpower to bear with them.

After the delays and the stop, it will be hard for a week, and then it will be far more easy.
>>
>>17177580
samefag

> and then you will have the money to go to your trips and have a blast
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.