[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ways to make someone quit drugs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: images-20.jpg (23 KB, 429x343) Image search: [Google]
images-20.jpg
23 KB, 429x343
Ways to make someone quit drugs?
>>
Which drug(s)?
>>
>>17176939
I am high right now and have been an addict for 8 years and I can honestly tell you there is no way to stop someone from doing drugs if they aren't willing to stop themselves. For me there is no limit to what I won't do to get high. If a person around you is on drugs then you need to make the decision rather to be around that person and not change their decision.
>>
>>17176943
Dxm, meth etc
>>
>>17176955
Ur going to overdose and die
>>
>>17176939
Not going to happen.
Once the addiction sets in, you need something bigger and better than the drugs to make life worth living sober. It must be worth it in their eyes, and even then it will take a strong will not to go back to the drug of choice... that's not happening, maybe if you go full cult and brainwash them, but the addiction will make it hard.

You're better off cutting the addicts out of your life. Family, friends, lovers... it's their life, you can't save them from themselves.
Don't act like a codependent, and stay well away from them, unless you like the way they make you suffer.
>>
>>17176960
Maybe but I have made that decision and no outside source is going to change my mind. I would have to want to quit and I don't want to. I am a recovered alcoholic and I know the ins and outs of addiction. Drugs is just the same, I don't want to stop so I won't. They teach this stuff in AA you know. I am not wrong though you might not want to hear it. Also I when I recovered from alcohol, I recovered from pills and other drugs too. The only drug I use is weed now and I think its damn near impossible to overdose on that.
>>
But it feels good
>>
>>17176974
Being proud of yourself feels better.
But when there's nothing for you to do, and you're just a mistreated cog in the societal machine, it's hard to feel anything but worthless.
>>
>>17176985
I am proud of myself and I get high everyday, I go to work high and am quite successful why are you implying that to be a drug addict you can't be proud or successful?

There are successful drunks too.
>>
>>17177022
You can be high functioning as much as you want, at a certain point it's not even a problem anymore, just something that you do.
But if you're working high, you aren't at your best. You could do better. You aren't really proud of your work.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.