[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
gf unhappy with my social personality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1460604794935.png (372 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1460604794935.png
372 KB, 500x378
Recently my gf has gotten heaps down about a neutral or even positive aspect of my personality.

I'm a very friendly and open person. I really like all people and I like to talk to lots of different people. I don't go out of my way to be like this it's just how i am. I tried explaining it. That said this is in her words.

I saw you there and you're so bubbly and excited to talk to them. I thought you were only that nice to me but I realize you are a nice person and treat everyone that way. I know this is stupid and I'll get over it, but it ruins the magic a bit for me.

I tried bringing her around but nothing seemed to sway her. I don't really want her to "get over it" I want her to understand it's a fun thing and see that it doesn't interfere with how much I love her.

What should I do? I'm not sure how to bring her around to looking this part of me.

Anyone else has this experience? Anyone had a significant other like this?
Anyone like this themselves?
>>
You need to treat her like a woman. Treat her in a special and romantic way, take her out on a nice date and afterward pleasure her. She just wants to feel like your only, and you are not doing that for her.
>>
your gf has severe self esteem problems and isn't ready for a serious relationship anyways

there isn't anything you can do to make her like this part of you. she already likes it, she just doesnt feel special anymore.

congrats, you now figured out that she's selfish too as well as insecure
>>
>>17176655
It's stupid, but i can kind of understand her feelings. The best thing you can do is just keep on being your happy self, and keep loving her. Anything else will probably be counter productive.
This is something she has to deal with on her own, and the best thing you can do is just allow her to do that.
>>
Go back to Reddlt normie, and give me your GF, I'm sure she'll love my antisocial personality.
>>
>>17176692
>>17176692
I have a funny feeling this will be all I can do.

It just feels like a big disappointment that she doesn't think I see her in the light that I do.
>>
>>17176687
>>17176687
Sorry to cherry pick, I didn't realize she liked it. But of she is getting upset then she must.

I guess I've got to work on making her feel special.

She's a bit insecure but.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.