[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Besides masturbation and cutting yourself, what other ways are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 640x1136
Besides masturbation and cutting yourself, what other ways are there to directly stimulate the pleasure points in your brain legally? I desperately need some kind of a release, and one I can't and the other I'm not supposed to.
>>
Workout. A long run will do
>>
Exercise and meditation
>>
alcohol
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 620x515) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 620x515
>>17175634
>cutting yourself
>stimulate the pleasure points
>>
>>17175637
It's 3:30 AM and I can't leave the house without alarming the dogs.

>>17175680
I've tried, that just ends me up cutting myself while drunk. That is bad.

>>17175706
You've never tried? It makes the bad feels stop.
>>
I'm pretty sure finding "pleasure points" is not your biggest issue man
>>
what is jerry seinfeld
>>
You can wait 20 years and have an electrode implanted to do that at the touch of a button
>>
>>17175766
This is an emergency.

All I have to do is to continue to not kill myself for three more days and it's getting tough.
>>
>>17175984
Pushup until you're worn out
>>
>>17175994
Didn't work.
>>
>>17175634
Ever heard of a runners high? You go for a run and push yourself, just don't collapse.
>>
>>17175984
You've got it all wrong, you should kill yourself in the next 3 days
>>
>>17176103
I can't leave the room without raising suspicions. I'm supposed to be asleep.
>>
>>17176154
Grow the fuck up. You think the garbage cans of kleenex or the cuts on your wrist are less suspicious? At least a run is good for you, hedonistic scum.
>>
>>17176122
this
>>
>>17175634
Do drugs,

If your a pussy who can't handle a night in jail and some probation in the worse case scenario then you don't deserve pleasure.
>>
>>17176154
How about doing 200 jumping jacks?
>>
>>17176154
Where are you that you can't leave the room
>>
>>17175634
Work out like a maniac. Better than cutting for the vast majority of men, much larger catecholamine and endorphin release.
I do it myself and can vouch for it, so can a lot of guys.

Not sure about women since less androgens (eg testosterone, DHT) may lessen this effect, but it's still worth a try.

>>17175994
More than pushups. Full-body. Every muscle, until you collapse.
Then collapse and sleep.
>>
>>17175634

Lift heavy weights then put them down
>>
>>17176181
I've never masturbated successfully (and I don't leave that kind of litter), and I'm good at hiding the scars. As for explaining why the dogs raised alarm and woke up the whole house at 3 AM, I don't have the spoons to deal with that shit when I'm in a bad place.

>>17176229
I couldn't get drugs anywhere and keeping an emergency stash isn't a realistic option.

>>17176249
That will make noise.

>>17176252
In a house with two dogs who will bark at any unusual sound, and if one of them wakes up to sound an alarm, so will the other. And my entire family.

>>17176269
So it doesn't even work on women?
>>
>>17176372
Underage as fuck
>>
>>17176372
>So it doesn't even work on women?
I have no idea since I've never heard solid reports from depressed femanons on that end.
Most also tend avoid such strenuous exercise in general since they don't want to get "muscly" (though this isn't a legitimate fear since without the testosterone, muscle growth is limited).

The androgens have a variety of psychiatric effects but I'm not sure whether they significantly change mood benefit from aerobic exercise (eg running, jumping jacks, burpees).
They probably do make a difference for anaerobic (eg weightlifting).
They shouldn't have a big impact on catecholamine (adrenaline, noradrenaline, dopamine) release though, that's almost all up to individual variation.

And go see a mental health professional. Cutting isn't a proper, healthy coping mechanism, short or long term.
>>
>>17176392
I'm 22, nobody can afford to move out in this day and age.

>>17176417
I'm seeing a psychiatrist in two days. I've been waiting for that for two months. I'll have to make it that far.
>>
>>17177095

Tell me this ya raging PD ye, whats a doc gonna do for you?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borderline_personality_disorder

This is you OP.
>>
>>17177095
If you waited two months you can wait two days. Suck it up living's worth more than dying.
>>
>>17175728
Does cutting yourself really do that?

There's the initial pain from the cut, but then does something kick in? If something does kick in, does it actually carry enough "good feels" to supress the physical and emotional pain of cutting yourself?

I'd imagine that the emotional pain fades with time, but for someone starting off, I'd expect to be very distraught before cutting myself.
>>
>>17176269
>More than pushups. Full-body. Every muscle, until you collapse.
THIS

I'm in a really bad place right now, but every time I feel enough energy, I work out like my life depended on it.

Seriously, I push hard until my legs and arms shake with even the slightest amount of pressure and I can't move the day after.

I've heard that working out that much can be bad for you, but I've never done it for the health benefits, I do it because it feels amazing.

I've been eating very little this last year so, combined with the workouts, I actually look pretty good this summer.

Even if working out didn't make me look better, I would do it just for the feeling of being so immersed in physical stimulation that I could swear I feel ecstasy.

No bad thoughts.
No tears.
Just exercise.

It also feels nice to actually have accomplished something after a workout; my body has become something of a canvas for the art I work on two-three times a week..
>>
>>17177578
Is it really?
>>
>>17177560
I heard that personality disorders are no longer viewed as their own thing, but as just a manifestation of schizophrenia.
>>
>>17178042
Cutting feels better than sex. That's how it always goes, I feel the need for some kind of a positive emotion, try to masturbate, get frustrated when it doesn't feel pleasant at all, become distraught, cut myself to calm down.
>>
>>17175634
try getting into HOT peppers. IT'l send you to heaven and hell form the endorphin rush
>>
Maybe you should address the source of your misery rather than blocking it out with hedonism?
>>
>>17178172

Been years since I lurked /adv/ and found this. Well, let's be quick.

Dear Anon-kun or Anon-chan (doesn't really matter),

I have come back to my pc before my daily 10km just to tell you this.

1) Some of these guys are right. If you have time to think (I know it's past midnight, but still), you got time to work. Just WORK OUT. Can't do anymore pushups? Get to situps. Then squats. THEN PUSHUPS AGAIN. UNTIL YOU COLLAPSE. Don't come to /adv/ if you do not trust us. Have faith in us. COLLAPSE. (Then go to sleep)
2) Seems that you are female from that masturbation comment. If it doesn't work with just your technique, I mean physical stimulation, try to build up a story. Satisfy yourself with your imagination then FINISH YOU UP rubbing it like there's no tomorrow (don't hurt yourself in the process).
3) Everything's gonna be alright. Believe in youserlf. Saitama-sensei did.

'kay gotcha later.
>>
>>17178264
I am literally incapable of masturbating successfully. I don't get aroused at all. I've never had an orgasm or even really enjoyed it. It's compulsive.
>>
>>17178281

Do you use vibrator?
>>
>>17178241
Underrated post. Habanero was made in heaven.
>>
>>17175634
>achievement
/thread
>>
>>17178281
probably because you dont masturbate correctly.
>>
>>17178576

That's not necessarily the cause. Maybe anon just has a psychic block. Sexual arousal is meadiated by the parasympathetic autonomous nervous system. If stress or any kind of emotion is blocking a correct function of it, it could be impossible to succesfully orgasm independently of masturbating skill.

Anon-kun, you have to recover dominion over yourself. Rise.
>>
Work the FUCK out, senpai.
>>
>>17178281

Well' I'm no master of love either, but... maybe we can work on it slowly. Not getting aroused at all could be (surely it is) related to your overall problem. I havr to warn you: psychotherapy isn't a tree that grows its fruit in a single day.

Btw, I don't see you there collapsing in a pool of sweat...
>>
>>17178562
I make an attempt, sometimes, but it's so loud I just have to turn it off as soon as I've put it on. I couldn't think of anything while it blasts, it sounds like a chainsaw.

>>17178576
I've tried everything and I don't understand what I do wrong.

>>17178657
Working out literally does not work.

Besides, I just heard my sister's dog sneeze in the other room. How many workouts do you know that you can so in your room, with no weights, next to no floor space, and quieter than a dog sneeze?
>>
>>17178753

Do you have a boyfriend?
>>
>>17178753

In that case, all that is left for us to try is...

raw
mental
power.

Which seems to be a little difficult for you right now. Dayum. Would you try, though?
>>
>its a 'OP asks for advice but has a million excuses to not follow them' episode
>>
>>17178079
Borderline's symptoms have literally nothing to do with schizophrenia. You're thinking of multiple personality disorder probably which isn't called that anymore by the way, it's called dissociative disorder
>>
>>17179170
Never heard of what you said either btw where did you read that?
>>
>>17175634

Kratom
>>
Find someone to talk to. Not like tell them you want to cut, but talking feels good and passes a lot of time
>>
File: 1449203692326.png (672 KB, 906x799) Image search: [Google]
1449203692326.png
672 KB, 906x799
>>17175634
Never really understood the whole cutting thing. I had an accident at work about ten years ago where I inadvertantly took all of the "meat" and half of the bone from the palm side of my left little finger with a planer. There was absolutley nothing good about that experience whatsoever, it just really, really fucking hurt. Plus what was left of it kept getting infected so they had to cut it off in the end, meaning I only have a thumb and three fingers on that side. Good job it wasn't my wanking hand really.

On a more helpful note, just do whatever you have to do to get through the night. It doesn't matter about waking the dogs up - sure, your family might get the hump about it for a while, but that's not even close to how they'd feel if they get up tomorrow morning to find you've killed yourself.
>>
>>17178883
Not anymore. I gave up on the last one when I realised there is no way that dying alone will be worse than spending the rest of my life with him.
>>
>>17175634
Do you have skype? You can talk to me, OP. I won't try to solve your problems or anything, but venting is pretty cathartic.
>>
>>17179290
Sorry, no.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.