[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A women who lived in the same area as me died a few days ago,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: funeral-1.jpg (700 KB, 851x564) Image search: [Google]
funeral-1.jpg
700 KB, 851x564
A women who lived in the same area as me died a few days ago, it was her funeral today and i never went. my family think it was disrespectful that i never turned up. I never spoke to her or her family. If one of my family member died, it would make no difference to me if someone who i never spoke to didnt turn up. obviously i think its sad but i dont think it would make a difference if i went. was it really disrespectful? thanks
>>
WEll I can see where they are coming from when they tell you you should have gone.
>person dies you didnt know
>you had 1 last chance to see into their life and you chose not to.
>>
When you say area what exactly do you mean? Is this some small-town hick thing? Because in cities you'll be going to funerals every day if you went whenever someone died in your area. If you never knew them, never interacted with them, what purpose would you serve at the funeral?

>>17173997
Why would or should he want to see into this person's life?
>>
>>17174005
i live in a big city. she was a women that lived near me, i live in a working class area.
>>
>>17174012
There was absolutely no reason for you to go to her funeral then. Your family is fucking retarded.
>>
>>17174016
yeah, it was mainly my mum, its typical behavior of her. she had made me feel a bit guilty, i think, i had the choice not to go.
>>
>>17173985
This sounds very much like a cultural thing. In some ethnic communities it is expected that everyone from the community attend every funeral. In others a stranger at a funeral would be suspect.

What your parents are really saying is that you are out of step with your inherited culture. It is up to you how much thagt bothers you.
>>
>>17174145

This. For example in my culture, people would find it weird if you randomly showed up to someones funeral you've never met, simply live close to. It would almost be disrespectful to attend, when it's meant for friends and family, as you have no connection whatsoever to the deceased. That doesn't seem to be the case wherever you live
>>
op here. its definitely not because of my culture. im from a poor, white, western culture. my family are just silly sometimes
>>
>>17174373

Oh, in that case yeah your parents are strange creatures and don't listen to them.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.