[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>work more hours than manager >get paid less >he doesnt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
>work more hours than manager
>get paid less
>he doesnt come in at all on Saturdays
>Im the only employee that works here besides him

Ive told him time and time again he has to bring another person in but he just wont do it.

I work 6 days a week. It was only supposed to be part time but they have me on full time hours.

I can barely get one day off in advance yet he took 2 vacations in the last 2 months, leaving me at the store by myself for a week.

The owner is not the manager. That being said, i am very close to the owner of the store, and Ive already told him about all these problems. He said he told the manager what to do and how to fix but still nothing has come of it.

My job is not very expendable. It takes you multiple months to understand what to do, and about 6-8 months before you can run the store without asking for help. That being said Id like to get another day off at least, and hopefully try to convince management to bring in another person.

Ive done so already but no action has been taken.

If I were to leave, the store would be fucked since its starting to get busy and there would be no time to train someone to prepare them.

I just dont know what to do famalams.

Excuse the gif i used. Cancerous but catches the eye. I only found out 3 hours ago where it was from. a good reaction pic sadly stuck in shit show.
>>
Are you salary or hourly?

If salary ask to be switchef to hourly.

Dont fool yourself you are replaceable.
>>
>>17173865
if i was replacable they would have replaced me by now.

ive been going to work late everyday for the last 3 months and im lazy as shit.

im applying for other jobs now that i got my IT certs in the mail, but for the time being im just staying here.
>>
>>17173869
Your replaceable
>>
>>17173895
Their replaceable what?
>>
>>17173900
Thier replaceable it fuck boy
>>
>>17173903
that wasnt me but i basically do IT shit for them. i juggle like 4 positions but they call it "associate".

yeah nah, not when i have to come up with ways to advertise the business.
>>
Tell the owner you have to quit due to this problem. Tell him you also want backpay for additional hours worked as a result of the manager not being able to help. Tell him you're sorry but this is he only solution you can think of to the situation since he won't fire the manager and hire new staff. If the owner decides to hire new people, ask for the backpay anyway and a raise for the additional responsibility of training new people. Would be a good idea to train as you find a new job. That way you can stay friends with the owner.
>>
>>17173860
A. Its actually a pretty good show, just avoid the fanbase
B. You have a bit of power. Just go up to them and say "hey, I was supposed to work for X hours, but your making me work Y hours. I'm going to come in on the X hours we agreed upon, and its your problem to get someone to work Y Hours. I did this at my place, and you have to be firm, otherwise they will disregard it
>>
>>17173950

i was never given a set amt of hours a week. just anything under 40 really, depends on the week.

just sucks cuz i work more hours than manager and he leaves me in the store by myself on saturday from 9-6:30
>>
Find a new job. If you have IT certs and some experience it won't be hard.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.