[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will my reading speed naturally increase if I just read often?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: Yosemite Valley.jpg (2 MB, 2240x1680) Image search: [Google]
Yosemite Valley.jpg
2 MB, 2240x1680
Will my reading speed naturally increase if I just read often? Or do I need to go out of my way to look up the methods of reading faster?

Finding it hard to concertrate too long on reading unless I'm on the bike at the gym. Any advice?
>>
I wish had the ability to concentrate on reading while exercising.
>>
Why do you want to increase your reading speed?

There are speed reading techniques but they can often come at the cost of retention rate.

If you read enough, you will natural get faster to a point, but everyone has their own natural reading cadence (personally, I read really fast, but if you fuck with my cadence, I can't read at all... which is why it really screws me over when author's try and fuck with vernacular--fuck ebonics -.-)
>>
File: 077.png (261 KB, 463x361) Image search: [Google]
077.png
261 KB, 463x361
>Literally listen to audiobooks at max speed.
>>
>>17173693
The very most that speed reading can do - and it takes a lot of practice to achieve this - is make you more efficient at skimming, so you can zip through a newspaper article or textbook and focus on the main points.

It is no good for reading stuff you really have to understand, or for reading for pleasure.
>>
>>17173693
it will naturally increase as you read more. i used to find reading incredibly hard, now i can read really difficult books at a fast pace.
>>
>>17173711
Holy shit thats genius
>>
>>17173693
It depends on what you read. Maybe read texts which are easy to comprehend and therefore has some flexibility for you to try reading faster.
>>
>>17173711
>>17173722
>>17173716
>>17173715
>>17173707
Thanks guys, never really looked at it in the way of how much is being retained. I am reading for pleasure. Crime novels are my drug of choice.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.