[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girlfriend is against the idea of kids
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 1463633105289.jpg (85 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1463633105289.jpg
85 KB, 640x1136
So my girlfriend of 2 1/2 years and I had a talk about what if we got married and what would happen. The first thing i asked about was kids.

She said that she hated kids and would never think about having one besides adoption of an already 10 yearold + child. I on the otherhand have always wanted to be a father (specifically for a daughter) and this obviously conflicts with our relationship.
I really love her, i really do. But I just cant see me never having kids and dying alone with her with no one to continue on my family heritage and all that bologna. What do i do? i dont want to leave her but i really do want to have kids as well.
>>
It doesn't fucking matter what she wants, tell her you want kids and that's final.
>>
Compromise or break up
Im on the other side of it

I never want kids and i dont want to leave a girl over it but I'll have to
>>
>>17172885
Cringe. Its crazy but some people actually believe this.
>>
If its that important to you, i say break up. I know a girl who is a result of a relationship like that. Her parents didnt really do a great job raising her, and their own relationship is really really unhealthy now.
>>
File: 1461184412540.jpg (303 KB, 795x1192) Image search: [Google]
1461184412540.jpg
303 KB, 795x1192
>>17172903
>>
>>17172908
It has nothing to do with how you were brought up by your parents. I dont want kids because they are a monetary, psychological, physical and emotional waste and i have better things in mind than to take care of a drooling screaming money shredder

I see no reason to have kids and that continue the line shit isn't something i care about
>>
>>17172911
Quite a dedicated troll.
>>
Men who actually want to father a daughter are rare. I was taught that females were the lesser, the weaker sex. The more inferior gender.

Ain't gonna stop you and what you want. But damn. A man actually wanting a daughter. It's rare
>>
You're just going to have to break up. There's no way to solve this situation in a way that makes everyone happy, and think about how that poor kid would feel.
>>
File: 143251447891.jpg (163 KB, 899x1200) Image search: [Google]
143251447891.jpg
163 KB, 899x1200
Tell you want kids if she says no leave her
>>
File: 143251348717.jpg (159 KB, 899x1200) Image search: [Google]
143251348717.jpg
159 KB, 899x1200
>>17172973
her you*
>>
>>17172879
Looks like you might have to end it due to irreconcilable differences, unless one of you can change your minds.

By staying together without one of you changing your minds, someone is not having things the way they want. It won't make for a happy relationship.
>>
>>17172879
You can't make someone change their mind. Just as you wouldn't want to go through life without having a child, she wouldn't want to go through life attached to one. And ultimately, she'd be the one that has to destroy her body in the process. A lot of women are terrified of that and see children as parasites. It'd be different if she was a 15 year old--most teens don't want kids, but change their minds at around 20. If she's already in her 20s, forget about it.

Break up with her. If you fold, you'll still have her, but you'll grow resentful. If she's pressured into folding, she will hate you AND the child. You're just wasting time by staying with someone who has very different values. I'm surprised that this didn't really come up in the 2 1/2 years you've been together.
>>
Buddy of mine dated a girl for 2 years they did everything together, he lived at her house and was always with her. They talked about kids he wanted them and she didn't so they broke up. She said she had to break up because it won't work in the end and it's better to cut it off now before it gets worse. He didn't take it well he tried to claim he hated kids and shit but deep down he didn't he just wanted her back would he made it up. Basically don't change for people. It sucks it took so long for you to find that out but it happens.
>>
>>17172941
Uh, not for nothing but it seems most of the threads where I see some 4chan guy expressing a wish for a daughter it eventually devolves into OP admitting he wants a "cute" daughter for basically sexual reasons.
>>
her biological clock will bring her around eventually

alternatively you could poke holes in your condoms
>>
>>17172879
You don't actually want kids.

They're expensive, annoying and dirty.

Adopt, like she said.
There's tons of unwanted little demon children, don't make another one
>>
>>17173283
Gross.

I'm a female and I've always wanted a son. The best way I can describe why is because I love boys, but pertaining to children, not on a sexual level. It's because my job is to nurture and help a child grow. And I guess the reason I don't like girls stems back to heavy bullying back when I was a kid in middle school. Other girls can be fucking nasty even if you're just one bit different. For me it was just because I was quiet and shy.

Opie why do you want a baby girl?
>>
>>17173699
Samefagging because I forgot to add something.

Male is my preferred gender but if I have a daughter I'll just have to love her. You can wish all you want for a certain gender for the child but sometimes the child isn't what you wished for.

Also opie adoption is a great idea. In before "but I want to make my own!" Yeah but there's hundreds of children without homes. And who's to say you won't learn to love a child you adopt? Children can grow on you
>>
>>17172879
Break up with her and find someone who wants kid. Problem solved. Why would you want to raise kids with someone who doesn't like them or want them? A person who is forced or nagged into becoming a parent will make a horrible parent. Even if she agreed to it, she would probably resent both you and the kid.

That said, I agree with your gf. Kids are horrible. I never ever want them.
>>
>>17172879
Let me guess, you're in your early twenties.
Women change as soon as their biological clock starts screaming for pregnancy.

>late twenties to early thirties
>>
>>17172879
Look for a woman that wants to have kids, then.
>>
>>17173289

I second this. Wait till she is 30. My ex never wanted kids until a certain age.
>>
>>17172894
Problem solved, you guys can swap.
>>
I am a 24-year-old male in a relationship with a 31-year-old female. I don't want to have kids, and I thank god on my bare knees every day my girlfriend doesn't want to have kids.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.