[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do I always procrastinate? It's so bad that I just give
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1404373801161.jpg (192 KB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
1404373801161.jpg
192 KB, 500x360
Why do I always procrastinate? It's so bad that I just give up and never do what I'm supposed to. Whenever I think about doing something I get this feeling in my gut that basically stops me. And I'm very lazy. What can I do about it?
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=arj7oStGLkU

It's a very informative and entertaining video. Tell me what you think about the grid in the end.
>>
>>17170365
There's no easy way out of that cycle. When you do get your shit together, be very vigilant not to let yourself get into old habits again.
>>
Why does my mind immediately convince me not to do something even though I know I have to do it? It makes no sense to me.
>>
I guess you're not watching the video about procrastinating. Information is very powerful. In this case, it informs you a lot about yourself. Be patient with it. Give it a chance. Procrastination profoundly affects your personal growth. Control it as much as possible
>>
Not OP but i'm in the same place

The wors thing is that whenever i'm able to stop procrastinating and actually DO something, even for a short time, it feels extremely good.

But yet it's like my brain would rather do nothing than get that feeling of achieving something

I know it's weird to blame my brain but i blame myself at the same time
>>
>>17170395
I watched the video and there was nothing useful about controlling procrastination. In fact I just procrastinated by watching it.
>>
>>17170400
It's because that feeling of achieving something isn't actually that good. It's a boost of confidence but still not nearly as pleasurable as shitposting, watching TV shows, masturbating, eating cake, and so on. It's not enough to make me give a fuck.
>>
>>17170365
I've got the solution. I'll tell you when I get around to it.
>>
When there's something I must do but can't get started I just do some pushups to get me fired up.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.