[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've had the flu for the past 3 days, I'm getting pains
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1463525392191.jpg (275 KB, 723x2000) Image search: [Google]
1463525392191.jpg
275 KB, 723x2000
I've had the flu for the past 3 days, I'm getting pains in my right side that have stopped.

And pains in my chest around my heart that are continuing.

What do?

I have some penicillin at home if it's an infection.
>>
Sounds like one.
>>
>>17170151
Now think real hard. The flu is caused by a virus. Penicillin kills germs.
>>
>>17170590
Localized pain and flu symptoms are typical of infections.
OP should see a doctor.
>>
>>17170590
it's fuckers like these that are making resilient fucks a coming threat.
>>
Don't use penicillin nilly willy, a flu is manageable without the use of anything other than anti-inflammatory painkillers.
The pains in your chest is most likely caused by muscle fatigue.
When we are down with the sickness, in this case the flu, you will have a harder time with respiration. This means you'll be using more of the muscles that help stimulate respiration, leading to pain either when you are drawing your breath or breathing it out.

If the pain is in your back/lower back, that is when you should take it more seriously as that can be a sign of pnemonia.
But near the heart? Worst case scenario, bronchitis.

t. Nurse student.
>>
>>17170590
>The flu is caused by a virus. Penicillin kills germs.
Antibiotics like penicillin don't kill viruses: they only kill bacteria. This is important to understand, because penicillin won't do anything against the flu.

Secondary infections ARE a thing, though. It is possible that OP has the flu but also some other infection, which could bacterial. If so, then penicillin might be able to do someting about the secondary infection, but it still wouldn't do anything to the flu.

But does OP have a secondary bacterial infection? I don't know. Only a doctor could be sure about that. This is why OP needs to see one. It wouldn't do to waste antibiotics on something they can't even help against.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.