[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I feel less "triggered" when reading celeb
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: emma watson vogue.jpg (43 KB, 451x600) Image search: [Google]
emma watson vogue.jpg
43 KB, 451x600
How can I feel less "triggered" when reading celeb news? Like some celebs are better than you in EVERY aspect (i. e. way hotter than you, way smarter than you, way richer than you - pic related) and you can't help thinking that the world is so unfair.

I know that most celebs are kind of dumb but then sometimes you have THAT celeb who is as perfect as pic related - hot, rich, smart, and successful.

I tend to avoid reading celeb news but my kom likes to tell me celeb news (eg. TV shows, ads, relationships, etc) "it is important to stay cool" and when I reacted in a triggered manner, she gets upset and calls me naive and immature.
>>
File: 1463811694158.jpg (50 KB, 425x639) Image search: [Google]
1463811694158.jpg
50 KB, 425x639
Better? Or luckier?

It's actually worse when you consider that some people are just a whole lot luckier than you.
>>
>>17169424
You can say she is super lucky but I still think she is better than me in many aspects even if she wasn't famous.
>>
File: b.jpg (66 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
b.jpg
66 KB, 768x768
Hun, you can't compare yourself to other people and complain that you aren't better. You're placing yourself in a contest without even trying for first place. Are you doing everything in your power to get the gold? Do you think Emma watches celeb news and gets triggered?
>>
>>17169436
Well I am not as hot as her and it's not like I will get cosmetic surgery
>>
jus b urselv ;)

But seriously though, one of the first things that was taught to me growing up in the rural part of the American South is "don't sweat the small stuff". There's no point in comparing what others have to what you don't have, because all that ends up happening is worry lines and wasted time. Work with what you've got, learn to love what you've got, and make the most with what you've got, because at least you can go to bed at night knowing you're not Rosie O'Donnell.
>>
>>17169446
My culture likes comparing to others
>>
>>17169466
As an aspiration for improvement or an instrument of self-loathing?
>>
>>17169444
Why does this matter to you?
>>
>>17169468
More like the latter
>>17169469
See >>17169466
>>
>>17169472
A solution to your problems seems to be to kill yourself.
>>
>>17169479
This is why 4chan is crap for advice
>>
i think ive seen this before
>>
>>17169625
ye this is probably bait
>>
>Emma Watson
>smart
>>
>>17169411
The fact that you get triggered at all is a testimony to how vapid your current life is.

And, dear God, this is celeb gossip shit tier stuff.

Grown the fuck up, ignore this pointlessness, quit wish to be other peiple, and try to live your own life with a sense of satisfaction
>>
>>17169669
It is my mom who tells me celeb gossip. I tend to ignore them.
>>
Concentrate now on your life and your own happiness, not that how others percieve you or others. What the media tells you are usually filtered lies aimed at triggering people to make profit from attention. Don't be an easily manipulated insecure pussywhip or your life will be awful. Man up, and be independent. If you don't like your life, change it, but do it for you, not for others.
>>
>>17169673
Perhaps you need to tell your mom that she needs to knock it the fuck off.
>>
Celebs are absolutely normal people. It's just a matter of some junk you tried to do. No different than two friends who lived next door. One goes south from home looking for a job and ends up working at MacDonald's and the other goes North and finds a job at Wal-Mart. It's all just a matter of what you try, for how long, and if you succeed. If Harry Potter had been a flop maybe nobody would know her. I know that's the only thing I know her from.
>>
Some people have better lives than others. It's not "fair" but who said life was fair? You think niggers in africa who shit in a bucket and live in metal scrap huts are treated fairly? Why doesn't the blatant inequality there triggering you?
I seriously can't sympathize with you at all.
>>
didnt she say she's taking a break from acting to be a full time feminist? I wouldnt say she's that smart
>>
>>17169696
It's silly not to compare ourselves to others (at least in my culture everyone does that and I am sure people from every culture does that too)
>>17169698
Nah, she thinks it is important to up-to-date with celeb news coz it's cool
>>17169724
Yeah I guess so. Celebs are just people who decided to try becoming famous and succeeded in doing so.
>>17169729
Yeah I know it isn't fair. I know that the majority of people on earth are poor. The fact that there is that 1% of people who are rich, hot, smart, and successful as fuck and then you have many others who are penniless makes me sad.
>>
>>17169784
It's not silly, it's the way to success and a normal life.
>>
>>17169411
Lol. Emma Watson "smart". Emma is hot and got lucky at an early age. That's all there is to it.

It's so nice of Emma to remind us that she is "oppressed" for being a female, and that standard common males like us have it better, meanwhile she's setting up offshore accounts in the Panama Papers scandal. Once again this is the girl that claims she is a feminist and is oppressed. I don't really think intelligence cuts it here. You picked a terrible example to open up with.
>>
>>17169411
>"triggered"
>>>/out/
>>
>>17169790
Yeah like you've said it is normal to compare ourselves to these celebs who are pretty much better than you in every aspect, but it doesn't make me feel happy.
>>
>>17169828
No it's not and I never said that. Work on your own life and Larry them work on theirs.
>>
>>17169836
You'e the one who said "It's not silly, it's the way to success and a normal life"
>>
Not everyone gets the same hand in life. Some people are born into wealth and good looks, others are born with genetic defects and will never live a normal life. You will only ever gain true happiness from trying to become a better version of yourself, unless you happen to be by chance the best person at everything ever, which in that case it might justify basing your own value against others.

Next time you feel this way, go and do something to improve yourself and you will feel a lot better.
>>
>>17169849
It's not silly not to compare yourself.
>>
>>17169851
>Next time you feel this way, go and do something to improve yourself and you will feel a lot better
I don't know what to do to improve myself though
>>17169861
As in comparing ONLY to myself?
>>
File: Gently_Rustled.png (17 KB, 591x157) Image search: [Google]
Gently_Rustled.png
17 KB, 591x157
>>17169411
Why would you want to be like a person who has tons of hidden assets? You're just backstabbing the society that raised you. At the very least should could have lobbied for tax reform, though it is the UK.
>>
>>17169411
Sounds like your mom is a bad influence on you. Stop caring about stupid celebrity/Hollywood-stuff is your answer. No one gives a fuck in real life except delusional, immature teenagers without direction in their life. All that stuff; beauty, fame - it will fade with age. You should invest yourself in stuff that matters and develop real interests and talents.
>>
Use your anger as motivation to acquire massive material wealth.

Seriously, someone with an IQ of 100 can become a millionaire. I know some incredibly average people that have become rich and, in terms of social hierarchy, wealth is all that matters at the end of day. You being richer=you being better.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.