[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have terribly low self worth /adv/. I basically feel worthless.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: self-worth.jpg (332 KB, 900x598) Image search: [Google]
self-worth.jpg
332 KB, 900x598
I have terribly low self worth /adv/. I basically feel worthless.

How can I bolster my self worth? Does everyone go through something like this, and need to really tell themselves their a worthwhile human?

I can't imagine anyone ever wanting me in their life, girls included. My last girlfriend slept with some other guy and I can't help but blame myself. Am I doomed to this forever or can I change the way I feel?
>>
>>17168838
You're worth it to me, Anon.

And I'm not some fucking normie piece of shit, dude. I care.
>>
>>17168838

It's all inside yourself. It's up to you to actually put effort into your life to be worth something. Learn from your mistakes instead of letting them repeat themselves in the same manner. Try new things. Think in new ways. Improve.

We all start off with different circumstances - it's up to us to determine what we let those circumstances turn us into. Pressure can make crap turn to diamonds - it can also turn diamonds to dust.
>>
>>17168858
I feel like I'm trying to do new things and change but it just ends up in failure.

Its gotten to the point where I don't even bother approaching people when I don't have to because I assume they don't want anything to do with me.

I wish I just knew what steps I needed to take in order to turn this around, but to be frank I've felt this way for the majority of my life and I don't even know if it's possible at this point.
>>
>>17168858

You're not going to win the moment you change. You're not going to succeed the second you try something new. Giving up, however, is the guaranteed way to fail. You have to find something you like, and keep trying it, even if you suck at it. Learning how to do it the right way, and actually doing it the right way, is part of the charm of learning something. Tackling a difficult task and being able to master it.

"Majority of your life" you're probably not even close to being middle aged, and I'd guess you're barely out of high school. So, stop worrying so damn much about the future that hasn't happened yet and actually do something to try. Stop beating yourself up before it happens. Self-defeat is the surest way to fail, and you give up before you even start. So.

That's the biggest key to self worth. Trying, and actually continuing to try. Persistence. The will to try.
>>
>>17168919
I'm 23, but you're right. I guess I just don't know what to change.

I don't know what to start doing.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.