[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best way to beg for a passing grade without pissing professor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: c-minus.jpg (1 MB, 3888x2592) Image search: [Google]
c-minus.jpg
1 MB, 3888x2592
Best way to beg for a passing grade without pissing professor off?

Backstory - Math class, hardass professor, if I don't pass I don't graduate this July. Work full time, school full time so I can't dedicate 8 hours a day to studying math I'll never use. Already withdrew from the same class once.

Suggestions welcome.
>>
Uh, why can't you pass the course?
>>
If you can't dedicate enough time to study then you made a mistake. Next time you take the course, choose a different prof.
>>
>>17168483

be grill, commence coitus
>>
>>17168483
Is the class over? If so you are fucked. If not, just go to his (her?) office hours as much as possible and show him you are trying. Ask if there is any possibility you can still pass the class and what he suggest you do in order to get a passing grade (use this moment to slip in that you just need this class to graduate).

Don't just go begging for a passing grade, show him you are trying and he might bump up your grade when the time comes.

If a student comes to me asking to pass with a sob story I never do it. I'm much more likely to pass them if they actually worked hard all semester.
>>
>>17168502
That's not an option where I am. He's the only person teaching that class.

>>17168533
That's what I've been doing so far.
>>
>>17168533
Forgot to add, I have the final left and a very slim chance at a passing grade, just wanted to get ideas of what is appropriate to say in case i bomb it.
>>
>>17168561
Get off 4chan and go study you fucking faggot
>>
>>17168533
In that case I'd just commit your time to trying to pass the final, and to not worry about suckin up anymore. There's nothing else you can really say to change his mind at this point.

Unless you are willing to do sketchy stuff, then I can't really help you there.
>>
>>17168483
Professor (not yours) writing here.

The short answer is Don't bother. We've heard them all, and from better bullshitters than you.

Certainly no "I work full time" or "I won't get into grad school" sob stories - the correct reply to them is "You knew all this from the start, and it was your responsibility not to take on more than you can handle."

Some version of this MIGHT work with a soft touch professor "This wasn't a required course in may major but just one I was taking for the hours needed to graduate. I'll never use the course or the grade in it, but I need the 3 hours credit to graduate"
>>
>>17168483
>Already withdrew from the same class once.
why did you take it again, dingus?
>>
>>17168561
Well what are you waiting for if you have time for 4chan then you have time to study. Get your ass to studying
>>
what kinda math you learning anyway?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.