[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Uber really "dangerous" for women, or is that just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 250x195) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 250x195
Is Uber really "dangerous" for women, or is that just third wave feminism propaganda?
I don't drive, and I was offered a job that isn't walking distance but close enough to be a cheap/quick ride. My male friend is in the same situation and says he uses Uber but I keep hearing stories about women being raped and kidnapped by drivers. Any thoughts/experience besides biased, news story sensationalism?
>>
Who in the world ubers to work?
>>
>>17168452

Do you really think that could possibly be a commonplace occurance?
>>
>>17168455
People in my city without cars for some reason. It's not on the bus line, and pays four dollars more than my current job. I'll bite if me being ass raped isn't a likely scenario
>>
>>17168464
No. I never even thought about it until I told my family and a couple friends and they freaked out/sent me articles. I wanted a second opinion/point of view
>>
Its just taxi companies spreading propaganda because they feel they should be the only industry without competition.

You are much more likely to be raped by a horny Indian cab driver than a Uber uni student doing it on the side. Plus if you ever leave anything in a cab consider it gone forever.
>>
>>17168452
>Is Uber really "dangerous" for women, or is that just third wave feminism propaganda?
There have been some gruesome incidents, but Uber and the like have beefed up their driver vetting procedures in response. It's unlikely at this point that there is any significant danger.

Personally, I don't usr Uber and their ilk, but this has more to do with their price-gouging practices (which they euphemistically call "surge pricing", but it's the same thing by another name) than anything to do with safety.
>>
>>17168452
get a bicycle, 50cc scooter, or electric bicycle. You'll save so much money compared to your uber.
>>
>>17168486
also your risk of being raped by an uber driver is the same risk as being raped by a taxi driver or any other stranger out on the street. We all take risks daily just by leaving our house but it is what we have to do.
>>
>>17168452
I think if you live near a ghetto be prepared to have an experience as if you're in the ghetto. That's it.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.