[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Long distance GF coming from Germany
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_0004.jpg (315 KB, 1280x1705) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0004.jpg
315 KB, 1280x1705
I want to fly her out from Germany to California. But not sure how to deal with paying for her flight.
I wanna book her tickets to come over.
What do?
>>
come on guise
>>
IF YOU NEVER MET THIS GIRL IN REAL LIFE DO NOT PAY FOR SHIT
>>
>>17169118
Why?
>>
@17169131
If you're stupid enough to ask why you deserve to lose your money.
>>
>>17169167
Lol fuck off newfag
>>
is this a bait thread?
>>
>>17169131
1) How do you know she is even real? "She" can be a guy trying to get your money. It is impossible to know what her true motives are.
2) If she really wants to meet you, she can just fly to meet you with her money. I will fly to meet my online friend this summer, but then the trip is pretty much fully subsidized by my college.
>>
>>17169181
I've been on an LDR with her for almost 2 years.
I know her very, very well.
We Skype almost every day.
>>
>>17168440
Make her pay for the first flight.
You can eventually pay for other visits, and then maybe split the price for the other ones.

Even if you know her very well and all, spending 1500€ on someone you never met in person isn't a good idea.
>>
>>17169833
Then just let her pay for the flight tickets?
I've known my online friend for longer than that, but I am paying for all of my travel expenses.
If she really wants to see you, she should be willing to pay for her own travel expenses.
Btw LDRs don't last 99% of the time.
>>17169845
>spending 1500€
Flight tickets aren't that expensive these days. It will probably cost around 500€. But you're right that spending so much on a person you've never met irl is not a good idea.
>>
>>17169859
Adding to this, I would always take some precautions when meeting someone for the first time irl. Similarly I chat with my online friend daily, but I will definitely meet him in a public place and I will definitely not pay for any of his expenses
>>
>>17169859
Well she can't pay because she has no money.
I don't mind spending the $800 round trip.

Even if I saw it from a financial point of view, all the nudes/camsex she's done for me are worth way more than that.

Anyway, I'm not asking if it's a good idea or not, more like asking how to go about it.
>>
>>17169873
Are you sure she is not a gold digger?
She can pay for the trip herself and you can pay for her expenses when she arrives at the states.
Why not fly to Germany to meet her instead?
>>
>>17169873
In two years she couldn't save 800$ to pay for the roundtrip to see you? It doesn't sound like she really cares.

>Even if I saw it from a financial point of view, all the nudes/camsex she's done for me are worth way more than that.
She's not your personal whore, she's your girlfriend, don't ever say this kind of shit.

Have you ever talked about meeting? Made plans or something?
>>
>>17168440
sell drugs
come to the dark side, my son
>>
>>17169880
Pretty sure she's not that.
Can't because of work.

>>17169881
Yep, but back then we were both broke college students. Now I'm done with school and doing pretty well financially, so I'm making her come over.

She also didn't like the idea of me paying for the whole thing but I call the shots on our relationship.
>>
>LDR
>never met

Pick one. But seriously, just buy a flight ticket for her. Don't give her the money for it. It's so easy a monkey could do it these days.
>>
>>17169901
That's what I'm asking. I don't wanna send her money just like that, I wanna book the ticket for her,
>>
>>17169908
Use sites like skyscanner or kayak. Assuming you know her real name, it's easy to book a flight for her. All she has to do is print out the ticket and show up at the airport.

Or, you could visit her in Germany as well.
>>
>>17169911
can't cuz work
Already have scans of her passport
>>
>>17169922
Well then, just ask her for suitable dates. Shouldn't cost you more than a few hundred unless you are in the middle of nowhere or the west coast.
>>
She's German, so that makes it more plausible that she is who she claims to be. If you know her full name and you know that she really is who she claims to be, then I'd say that she should pay the ticket to you and you offer to pay her flight home.

I don't think that buying a ticket is risky business at all. Don't send her money, buy the ticket directly under her name. There's very little room for fraud and if you guys know each other's well and it's not just some fishy email relationship where you know nothing of each others.

Go for it!
>>
>>17169986
>she should pay the ticket to you and you offer to pay her flight home.
Flight tickets don't work that way. They are usually sold as return tickets, with only special exceptions. She would need a return ticket anyway to be let into the country.
>>
What the others said. Do not give her money for sure, if you're well off financially and won't have regrets when it turns out you wasted 800 bucks, then buy her those tickets, using her name and whatnot but paying with your card, and tell her to come over.
>>
File: 1452314432012.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1452314432012.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
>>17169167
NEWFAGS
GET
THE
FUCK
OUT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
go to germany yourself instead
that way even if she turns out to be a scammer you get something out of it
>>
Like I said, i can't go because of work.
And yeah, I'm buying the tickets, i have copies of her passport. We skype almost everyday so highly doubt i'm being catfished.
>>
Buy her the tickets yourself. Send her the information for her to print out. You're going to need to send a picture of your card that's used to book the flight for her to board the plane with most airlines and she should know your address and phone number or another way of getting in contact with you. Some companies (Delta I believe) won't allow you to fly without the card used for booking being presented. I've been in the same situation, and they basically said if I hadn't known the address where my boyfriend lived then I would have needed a picture, and then without that I wouldn't have been allowed to fly at all.
>>
if you're willing to pay, you have the money, and you know shes real, whats the problem? most of us think its fucking stupid that you want to try so hard to make this happen but it doesn't seem to matter to you so just do it.
>>
>>17171612
In addition, she should have a photocopy of your ID or passport, and a letter from you stating your contact information (phone number, address), where you two will be staying (a hotel or your house), the duration of her stay, your willingness to provide any financial support that is necessary in the event of an emergency/ finance her whole stay (if you do intend to do the latter), where you work, and a copy of your latest bank statement/pay stubs to back those up.

Is this strictly necessary? No. She might well get in without it. But if she says she's visiting her boyfriend she might have trouble getting in if she's not prepared. Make sure she at least has your phone number if nothing else, and that you're prepared to take a call and corroborate anything she says. They don't want people coming to a country and overstaying.

If she decides to omit the reason she's visiting when asked what the purpose of her visit to America is, and says tourism, somewhere down the line if you two get married or after frequent trips to each other's countries, you WILL run into problems (potentially as serious as being barred from entering the other's country) because of your dishonesty.

I know this is overboard for what you will probably need. But it will minimize hassle and make it exponentially less likely to have her taken to secondary screening. Plus it can be done very easily by updating the same letter in the future.
>>
>>17168440
Why are people so desperate that they are in long distance relationship, spanning over multiple continents even? The One True Love is just a meme. There are millions of people who find "the one" exactly in the same city they live in. Crazy amount of coincidence.

My Advice to You would be to not waste your youth infront of skype and get out of your comfort zone and into a real relationship with physical intimacy and shared activities with someone who at the very least lives in your country
>>
>>17169880
If she were a gold digger why the fuck would she be in a LDR... not a very effective way of getting money perks.

OP I say ask her if she's free and if she says yes tell her you bought tickets to fly her in. if all goes smoothly from there in conversation, THEN go buy the tickets.

I say this because she might just like you where you're at, a fun escape that's there whenever she feels like having an Internet fling and spreading her legs on webcam. If she gets put off by actually meeting you, dead giveaway that she's just using you for attention and it's likely that no one else in her life even knows you exist.
>>
File: 1461875898625.jpg (7 KB, 250x220) Image search: [Google]
1461875898625.jpg
7 KB, 250x220
>>17168440
Really bad idea
>>
google.com/flights
>>
>>17172027
Not OP, but I'm from California as well, and I accepted a long time ago that I would be importing.
>>
>>17168440
>I want to fly her out from Germany to California.
>Germany

Have you seen her yet without her burkha?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.