[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Single father
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: ocean.jpg (11 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
ocean.jpg
11 KB, 300x168
Met a new girl, been dating for a while.

I'm 26, she's 19.

How do you guys think I should go about introducing her to my kids? (2 and 5), both girls.

I'm pretty nervous about how and when I should do this,

I'd like to move her in to my place as soon as I can.

Should I introduce her, then have her move in? or just introduce her as as she moves in?

How do I introduce her? As their new mother?
>>
>>17165959

PS: don't know how I forgot to mention, their mother passed. That's why I am single.

That also complicated things for the older daughter
>>
So, she will be a kid taking care of your other kids?
>>
>>17165965

Why post if you're going to shitpost?

Don't worry hun, you'll find a man, just as soon as you turn 40 next year

ough* bitch* cough
>>
>>17165959
As ex-wife one, as she won't be around long enough for them to remember.

I was in your exact position, both our ages and moving her in, but no kids.

Have fun!
>>
>>17165979
anons point was valid though
a 19 year old girl that is qualified to take on a motherly role is most uncommon
>>
>>17166009

I'm not too worried about that homeskillet.

This girl (was) a virgin, christian, republican, met her father, good man, hard worker, mother lovely housewife, etc etc

Plus you know, I'm sane, handsome, have money...

I'm not you know, dating some pot smoking bernie sanders voting festival going cum dump here.

I know I know, nothing is 100%, but I'm not worried.
>>
>>17166020

No argument but if i didn't think this one was, would I really be involving my kids?

So think about the degree of certainty I must have about her to be willing to do that.

I'm most encouraged by the fact that she's the eldest sibling of 7, so she's taken care of lots of younger brothers and sisters, changed diapers.
>>
>>17165979
Oh shit he dogged you! >>17165965

You just gonna take that?
>>
>>17166035

She read it and clicked the little x in the corner of the browser.

It's amazing, you get these women, once they get past 25 anytime there is mention of a younger women they get rage syndrome, can't see straight
>>
>>17165965
This kek.
>>
>>17165959
This question should NOT be about her, but about the kids.

How do you think the children will feel if you suddenly present them with a stranger and announce she's moving in and they're going to have to share you with her?

No. It goes like this. You tell the woman you have kids very early in the relationship, so she can decide whether she wants to get involved. Then you wait until the relationship is pretty solid before you introduce her to the kids as "daddy's friend". Then you wait even longer, until they're comfortable with her, before she becomes "daddy's girlfriend". And then, sometime later, you introduce them to the idea of her moving in. And then later you move her in.

Any other order or timetable will at best confuse the kids, and agt worst cause them serious mental/emotional problems.
>>
>>17165965
Lol
>>
>>17166727
This. Your kids should be #1 in your life, despite what society might tell you. They're at a vulnerable point in their lives, and you need to take care to not fuck them up forever.
>>
>>17165965
KEEEEEEEEEK
>>
>>17166029
ever think that maybe God took your wife so that you could prove your worth as a father? Instead you're out prowling for 19 year olds instead of focusing solely on your kids. You're one of the problems with America these days anon.
>>
>>17166727
OP doesn't get this.
Pretty sure he's a Trump supporter
>>
>>17165959
>Should I introduce her, then have her move in? or just introduce her as as she moves in?
>How do I introduce her? As their new mother?

Why is no one calling out how fucking ludicrous this is?

No OP, telling your partner that you have kids just before/right as they are moving in is not acceptable. They're not fucking pets.
>>
>>17166727
This. Anon is right. You need to give your children time to adjust to all this change.
>>
I have a 3 year old son, I always bring up straight up in my dates that I'm a separated father.
This is important because it is an issue for some people.

Now in your case, moving in and introducing your kids are 2 very important things, I recommend that you resolve them in different times. You have to introduce your kids to her, and see if she is okay with you being a single dad, and let it simmer for some months.

Asking her to move in after meeting your kids its crazy, seriously, it will freak her out, I wouldn't be surprised if she decided to stop seeing you after it
>>
>>17166029

You're asking for serious advice on your and your kids' lives on a shadow puppetry theater.

You ain't sane, bro.
>>
>>17165959
trolled too hard pretty obv
>>
>>17166029
if anyone smokes pot its trump supporters LOL
>>
>>17167517
>if anyone smokes pot its trump supporters LOL
No, Trump is meth. Bernie is pot.
>>
>>17167470

she knows I have kids.

Of course she knows I have kids.

You guys seriously thought I was dating a girl, and not telling her I had kids?

>. You have to introduce your kids to her, and see if she is okay with you being a single dad,

Nigga wtf, tell them on the first date, or else you're withholding information from them, lying by omission, etc

Is that really the basis you want to lay for the relationship?

>Asking her to move in after meeting your kids its crazy, s

Why
>>
>>17167439

Woah, woah, guys, she knows I have kids, this was brought up 15 minutes into the first date.

She just hasn't met them.
>>
>>17166757
>>17167410

You guys are aware that I'm looking for a mother for my children right.

Don't understand the flack
>>
>>17167953
Frankly opie I just read your thread and I'm not sure which one of you is the OP anymore. Look into using a trip code next time you post
>>
>>17168192

this is me

>>17167879
>>17167885
>>17167953
>>17165959
>>17165963
>>17166029

The posts that mention you know, kids.
>>
>>17165959
>How do I introduce her? As their new mother?
Y'all niggaz toastin in a troll bread. Seriously, who the fuck is so delusional that they hunt for "a mother for my children"? What a joke. Assuming this is real, it's this kind of braindamaged thinking that got OP as a single dad at age 26.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.