[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Today is my 24th birthday >still in college >moved back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1446717467282.jpg (289 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
1446717467282.jpg
289 KB, 1600x1000
Today is my 24th birthday

>still in college
>moved back in with my parents
>currently working a shitty part-time retail job
>no gf

Any words of encouragement or motivation? Have any of you gone through this yourselves or something similar? I'm feeling like total shit.
>>
>>17163729
You have solidarity with millions of other young people in that situation
>>
>>17163755
Is it really that normal?

One of my best friends is just half a year older but has a great job and owns a house. I guess I measure myself to her in some ways
>>
OP, I wouldn't worry too much about what's going on with your friend, everyone is on their own path. After I graduated high school I basically sat around and did drugs all day while the people around me left for ivy league schools. Just about six years later and I'm graduating with my b.s. and on my way to graduate school in the ivy league.

Just worry about yourself and what you're doing. Work hard and you'll make it out and end up where you want to be. Life isn't a race to the finish.
>>
>>17163729
Happy Birthday, OP.

>24, will be 25 soon
>graduated with bachelors degree
>worked a well paid and respected job
>decided to leave it to pursue something else
>suddenly life gets really tough
>no job, broke and annoyed
>get into a school that could probably help me with what I wanna do

Hang in there? I always feel like life is like that recycle symbols, sometimes you're up or down but the cycle goes on and on.

Most people will say I'm stupid. Maybe I am, but would love to prove that they are wrong.
>>
>>17163729
Better than me
>graduated with a film degree in 2014
>still live with my parents, they divorced 6 months ago, my brother just moved out, it's now just me and my father
>working for my father, and if i don't do well, he actually abuses me on the job
>have gf, but father is forcing me to break up with her, for the sake of "making a man" out of me
>>
>>17163804
You pussy, why would you let your father dictate what you do with your girlfriend?
>>
>>17163820
It's a long story.

But long story short, it's because he's a violent psychopath who thinks he has all control over me. If I threaten violence on him, he calls the police. But if he does the same, I get my phone confiscated while trying to call the police.

Sometimes I want to kick his ass, but at the same time, I don't want to go to jail for that because he will call the police on me. I'm convinced.
>>
>>17163799
OP here

Honestly I respect your balls 100%
That job sounded like a comfortable situation as far as financial security, but leaving it and dreaming bigger just seems to me that you aspire to do more in life than just meet your needs, which I admire.

Ultimately we're all out to gain fulfillment from life-- it's cool that you ultimately understood that you weren't fulfilled with what you were doing and you took action to change that.
>>
>>17163827
You're 24, move out and grow a pair. Don't be your father's bitch.
>>
>>17163827
>>17163836
That's harsh, but I'd quit, find a new job doing just about anything, move out, and just try to figure life out from there.

How long have you been dating that girl? Why not move in together at least temporarily while the shit goes down, if you like her enough?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.